#12769667 - 05/25/18 03:52 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: sprigsss]
GIG'EM AGGIES Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: texas
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: mrm4545
They list the manufacturer as ALLBLUE not River2Sea

Some folks just can't accept the fact that China has the expertise to make as good a product as the U.S. but if you search their tackle box probably 3/4 of the stuff in there came from China.

No one made that claim. I always enjoy reading your posts, but apparently your reading comprehension is lacking.

There are two possibilities:

1. Alibaba is buying the exact same product off the exact same assembly line and bypassing the creator of the lure.

2. Alibaba is buying a knockoff of the Whopper Plopper and selling it under the same name. So selling a knockoff but taking advantage of all the advertising the creator has paid for. That is false advertising.

3. River2Sea gave Alibaba permission to sell direct to consumers and cut out their customers.

Neither option 1 nor 2 IMO, is a business practice I want to support. Both are essentially theft. Never said I would never buy products made in China.

Option 3 is highly unlikely because as we see its being advertised as a different company's product.

I never called you Un-American either. I was only trying to point out what is likely happening in case many people didn't realize and just thought they were getting an awesome deal.

I said " some folks ", never mentioned your name. Your assuming again and that affects your reading comprehension. The company that made the Whopper Plopper I bought is ALLBLUE. They just sell it on Alibaba's website just like a lot of people sell their stuff on Ebay. I haven't read anywhere that river2sea had a patent on Whopper Ploppers. Guess anyone can make them.

Edited by GIG'EM AGGIES (05/25/18 04:33 PM)
I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I donít have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I donít have a curfew I have a driverís license and a car. Women I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant. And I have a bass boat.

illegitimi non carborundum

#12769669 - 05/25/18 03:53 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
Smurfs Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Fort Worth
popcorn

#12769692 - 05/25/18 04:11 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
Over 10 Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: Roanoke, TX
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Originally Posted By: mrm4545
They list the manufacturer as ALLBLUE not River2Sea

Some folks just can't accept the fact that China has the expertise to make as good a product as the U.S. but if you search their tackle box probably 3/4 of the stuff in there came from China.

No one made that claim. I always enjoy reading your posts, but apparently your reading comprehension is lacking.

There are two possibilities:

1. Alibaba is buying the exact same product off the exact same assembly line and bypassing the creator of the lure.

2. Alibaba is buying a knockoff of the Whopper Plopper and selling it under the same name. So selling a knockoff but taking advantage of all the advertising the creator has paid for. That is false advertising.

3. River2Sea gave Alibaba permission to sell direct to consumers and cut out their customers.

Neither option 1 nor 2 IMO, is a business practice I want to support. Both are essentially theft. Never said I would never buy products made in China.

Option 3 is highly unlikely because as we see its being advertised as a different company's product.

I never called you Un-American either. I was only trying to point out what is likely happening in case many people didn't realize and just thought they were getting an awesome deal.

I said " some folks ", never mentioned your name. Your assuming again and that affects your reading apprehension. The company that made the Whopper Plopper I bought is ALLBLUE. They just sell it on Alibaba's website just like a lot of people sell their stuff on Ebay. I haven't read anywhere that river2sea had a patent on Whopper Ploppers. Guess anyone can make them.

ďReading apprehensionĒ

Edited by Over 10 (05/25/18 04:12 PM)

#12793440 - 06/15/18 04:10 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
tmd11111 Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: San Angelo
About forgot this thread. Got my rod socks last week or so. Took about 3 weeks but For $2 a piece it was worth it.

#12793671 - 06/15/18 07:51 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
Jaret Latta Online   content
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Austin, Tx/Nacogdoches, Tx
I see Berkeley has a Whopper plopper now too. It's identical to the original best I can tell.

#12793692 - 06/15/18 08:15 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Jaret Latta]
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I see Berkeley has a Whopper plopper now too. It's identical to the original best I can tell.

Is it made in China like the others ? stir roflmao
I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I donít have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I donít have a curfew I have a driverís license and a car. Women I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant. And I have a bass boat.

#12797169 - 06/18/18 10:59 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
Rducky Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Forney, Texas
Gig Em I don't know if they are still on sale but about a month ago I bought whopper ploppers from the Mesquite Academy as well as the one in Rockwall for $9.99 each.

#12797231 - 06/19/18 05:39 AM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Rducky]
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: Rducky
Gig Em I don't know if they are still on sale but about a month ago I bought whopper ploppers from the Mesquite Academy as well as the one in Rockwall for $9.99 each.

I bought mine at the Garland store R and it was $12.99. Seems like there was one model that was cheaper but they were out. Haven't caught anything on it yet either. At this point it's about as productive as a Helicopter lure.

#12797699 - 06/19/18 11:38 AM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
Rducky Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Forney, Texas
I have been fishing them for about a year now with mixed results. I've had two fish over nine lbs at Fork and had a good day with it at Twok a couple of weeks ago,nine fish one morning up to four lbs. The best retrieve I've found is a show steady retrieve like fishing a buzz bait.

#12797830 - 06/19/18 12:55 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES]
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Jack County
popcorn peep

#12797833 - 06/19/18 12:56 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: outfishdya]
District Paddle Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: outfishdya
if it is the real thing, you may catch the end of the shad spawn, 2019

Ha ha this made my day.

#12798021 - 06/19/18 03:10 PM Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Rducky]
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: Rducky
I have been fishing them for about a year now with mixed results. I've had two fish over nine lbs at Fork and had a good day with it at Twok a couple of weeks ago,nine fish one morning up to four lbs. The best retrieve I've found is a show steady retrieve like fishing a buzz bait.

Your Whopper Plopper must be bigger and better than my Whopper Plopper. grin

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide