Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764242 05/22/18 12:27 AM
Bigron119 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Academy has the Whopper Ploppers on Sale. $9.99

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Bigron119] #12764265 05/22/18 12:51 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Bigron119
Academy has the Whopper Ploppers on Sale. $9.99

Must be just at your store. Bought another one at the Garland store today and they're still $12.99-16.99.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764270 05/22/18 12:54 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Americans design products then foreigners knock them off. Americans buy direct from foreigners and cut out those that put in the time to develop them.

Not for me.

Just bought 15 rod gloves from rod warrior for $10-$12 each and will do it again.

I know many lures I buy may be manufactured overseas, but Im not going to cut out the American businessman to save a few dollars.

Also when you buy through American businesses, even if made overseas you are also paying for a more stringent QC process. Ordering direct, many products arent as scrutinized.

The same is true when a lure designer comes up with a design and everyone tries to copy. I will not buy a cheaper knockoff from someone that only put in time and effort to copy someone else. I will always pay more for the original.

Last edited by sprigsss; 05/22/18 12:54 AM.
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: sprigsss] #12764277 05/22/18 12:58 AM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Americans design products then foreigners knock them off. Americans buy direct from foreigners and cut out those that put in the time to develop them.

Not for me.

Just bought 15 rod gloves from rod warrior for $10-$12 each and will do it again.

I know many lures I buy may be manufactured overseas, but Im not going to cut out the American businessman to save a few dollars.

Also when you buy through American businesses, even if made overseas you are also paying for a more stringent QC process. Ordering direct, many products arent as scrutinized.

The same is true when a lure designer comes up with a design and everyone tries to copy. I will not buy a cheaper knockoff from someone that only put in time and effort to copy someone else. I will always pay more for the original.

Saving the world one rod sock at a time!

[Linked Image]
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764278 05/22/18 12:58 AM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
So your ordering from China, and maybe buying counterfeit copys to save $3.? Am I missing something?

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: sprigsss] #12764294 05/22/18 01:06 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

Not for me.

Who said Americans designed all the lures, rods, reels, outboards, etc. Who knows where Whopper Ploppers are made. Half the stuff you buy at BPS, Academy and Walmart came from China and Japan. Been that way for years.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: DJB] #12764304 05/22/18 01:11 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: DJB
So your ordering from China, and maybe buying counterfeit copys to save $3.? Am I missing something?

Yep your addition is wrong. $12.99 at BPS and Academy, I paid $6.85 with no taxes. Sorry if you're offended. Half the stuff you buy at BPS and Academy came from China you just pay more for it but that's certainly your right.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Clark3] #12764307 05/22/18 01:12 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Clark3

Not for me.

Saving the world one rod sock at a time!

Beat me to it, roflmao

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764317 05/22/18 01:18 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Whopper Ploppers are manufactured in China for river 2 sea. I guess they didn't mind cutting out the American worker for manufacturing. If you can buy individual pieces for that price just imagine what the bulk prices are for River2Sea. Isn't this just a copy of models that were used for salt water fishing for a long time before they were branded by someone else and marked up to sell to bass fishermen?

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764327 05/22/18 01:25 AM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I'm not offended AGGIE ,I buy whopper poppers all day for 9.99,at academy, in Texas, Not ordered from China.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: DJB] #12764336 05/22/18 01:31 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: DJB
I'm not offended AGGIE ,I buy whopper poppers all day for 9.99,at academy, in Texas, Not ordered from China.

Which Academy, I was at the Garland store today and they're $12.99 same at Mesquite. Oh, you must have went to the Lufkin store. Good deal.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764337 05/22/18 01:31 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
popcorn

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12764341 05/22/18 01:34 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Justify it however you want. American companies just cant compete with child labor.

Sure River2Sea is gonna have some markup, they got to pay the guys that designed them. I would also hope they have people that keep a close eye on production and QC. Then Academy is gonna have a markup as well.

I have a buddy that works for Mystery Ranch. Their backpacks are manufactured overseas, buy are of high quality. Why cause at any time they can step foot in the factory and inspect any product on the assembly line. If 1 product doesnt meet expectations, production is stopped and every item is checked.

When you buy from Mystery Ranch you are paying for that assurance. Buy direct, and the manufacturer is QCing his own product.

Ive looked at tons of chemical raw materials from overseas, if you dont stay on them quality is all over the place. They gamble that they will sell enough before they are caught. Once you catch them they just find another buyer, or change company name.

I just believe in rewarding ingenuity, not copycats. And its not just 1 rod sock at a time, and it is not just American vs foreign.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Bobby Milam] #12764358 05/22/18 01:42 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Whopper Ploppers are manufactured in China for river 2 sea. I guess they didn't mind cutting out the American worker for manufacturing. If you can buy individual pieces for that price just imagine what the bulk prices are for River2Sea. Isn't this just a copy of models that were used for salt water fishing for a long time before they were branded by someone else and marked up to sell to bass fishermen?

Most everything related to fishing tackle is made in other country's, just the way it is. BPS, Academy, Walmart, Tackle Warehouse, etc. buy it and mark it up. Same for clothing, shoes, electronics, if you have an iphone parts of it come from China. Look on the boxes of Strike King lures, says made in Costa Rico. Those high dollar Nike clothes and shoes are made in 9 different country's but none here. This is certainly nothing new folks.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Bobby Milam] #12764360 05/22/18 01:44 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Whopper Ploppers are manufactured in China for river 2 sea. I guess they didn't mind cutting out the American worker for manufacturing.

They know to have it manufactured here they would have to sell the lures for $20. And if people are willing to bypass them for $12, how many would they sell for $20.

Id prefer if they were made here, but who would pay for them?

China has kids making next to nothing with no benefits, while an American factory would more than likely pay a living wage + benefits. People are cutting and running to save $6, but am I supposed to believe people would spend more to buy it if it were 100% American?

Do what you want, Im not bashing anyone.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide