texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,755
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: JCBfromTHF] #12763885 05/21/18 06:47 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious........FLW must not have a rule on how close you can fish to one another. LOL!! Wonder how that would have played out had there not been cameras on them.

I have fished around friends that were in different boats before but NEVER have we played bumper boats.

they don't, nor should they

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Chris B] #12763912 05/21/18 07:03 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: bigmikey
It is [censored] that someone races the tournament leader to his spot especially when you didnt fish it the day before. Lambert is way wrong.

That's the new way of doing things.

It's been that way for many,many years

#MFGA
Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Sinkey] #12763975 05/21/18 07:47 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Originally Posted By: Barrett
Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: bigmikey
It is [censored] that someone races the tournament leader to his spot especially when you didnt fish it the day before. Lambert is way wrong.

That's the new way of doing things.

yep.....

Welcome to tournament fishing! roflmao

Sounds like the new way is to rush to judgment without reading or knowing the facts. Says Lambert had fished that spot on day 1. Some of y'all have had some bad experiences fishing tournaments, I have too, but have had far more good experiences.

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12763997 05/21/18 08:04 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I think everyone is looking at this way wrong. Both Lambert and Haynes are hammers on Kentucky, obviously. Both are fantastic at fishing offshore and I'm sure both of them have known about that particular spot/school of fish for awhile. Haynes didn't know Lambert fished it on Day 1, as he had already caught what he needed and left. Haynes pulls up and boxes 26 lbs the first day after Lambert fishes it. Day two, boat orders are reversed. Haynes starts there and stays all day, probably knowing what lived there and protecting it for day three. Understandably so, assuming people would give him space as the leader and still not knowing Lambert fished there on Day 1. Unfortunately in this situation, both anglers have a right to fish the spot since Lambert fished it the morning of Day 1 and was in second (so at that point in time its a boat race). 98% of the time, this doesn't happen. It was just an unfortunate situation and I think Haynes was more tired of the situation and the way offshore fishing has evolved in general more than anything. I wouldn't have packed up my rods and went home like he did... but I see his point. I don't think he was aggravated with Lambert as much as the situation and I'm fairly certain it probably happens to that guy constantly. Not many offshore guys like to fish 5 ft away from another person, especially ones that have spent as much time graphing as those two have.

Both are good guys and hellacious fisherman. Both handled it about as well as they could have (aside from Randy just putting his boat on the trailer), given the circumstances.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: WAWI] #12764095 05/21/18 09:38 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: WAWI
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
With all due respect Jaret, I think you're missing the point. Randy got there 2nd. He lost. He is the guy that should have said "you got here first Jason, my bad. I lose out. Mind if I fish it with you?"..... or go fish another spot. Lambert was totally within his rights to do what he did and seemed to handle it pretty well and sounded like he would have been fine with Haynes fishing it with him. Haynes did not handle it well and seems to struggle with change. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I think the thought was probably he was leading and the rest should yield to that if they knew that was his water. I think there was a time that ettiquite dictated that.

Haynes DID mention this etiquette that has been honored in the past. He ALSO stated he had a business to run & a family at home he wanted to spend more time with. He ALSO stated he had no ill will towards Lambert.
Seems to me he just made a decision to end it to do what he WANTS to do. I don't think he was being a crybaby. The man has a right to make a decision & he stuck to his belief.
My opinion is similar. The old etiquette of yielding to the tournament "leader" has now went away. Its not a crybaby thing, & if a man decides the money is the priority over long time traditions has become the normal, then maybe it IS time to bow out. He did.
The crybaby accusations came from other people's opinions. about the situation. Everyone KNOW about opinions. Everyone's got one.LOL

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Curtbass] #12764148 05/21/18 10:40 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Originally Posted By: WAWI
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
With all due respect Jaret, I think you're missing the point. Randy got there 2nd. He lost. He is the guy that should have said "you got here first Jason, my bad. I lose out. Mind if I fish it with you?"..... or go fish another spot. Lambert was totally within his rights to do what he did and seemed to handle it pretty well and sounded like he would have been fine with Haynes fishing it with him. Haynes did not handle it well and seems to struggle with change. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I think the thought was probably he was leading and the rest should yield to that if they knew that was his water. I think there was a time that ettiquite dictated that.

Haynes DID mention this etiquette that has been honored in the past. He ALSO stated he had a business to run & a family at home he wanted to spend more time with. He ALSO stated he had no ill will towards Lambert.
Seems to me he just made a decision to end it to do what he WANTS to do. I don't think he was being a crybaby. The man has a right to make a decision & he stuck to his belief.
My opinion is similar. The old etiquette of yielding to the tournament "leader" has now went away. Its not a crybaby thing, & if a man decides the money is the priority over long time traditions has become the normal, then maybe it IS time to bow out. He did.
The crybaby accusations came from other people's opinions. about the situation. Everyone KNOW about opinions. Everyone's got one.LOL

This.

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764150 05/21/18 10:42 PM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Cant believe this thread is still going. They already kissed and made up! cheers

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764232 05/22/18 12:16 AM
H
Hoss Holding Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
They just should have taken turns casting

I am blessed to have a opportunity to live a childhood dream as a professional wrestler

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764233 05/22/18 12:16 AM
W
Wise 1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
If only he had been running a g2 E-tec,darn slow Merc's will get you beat every time.

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764369 05/22/18 01:48 AM
adam_p Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I'm still trying to grasp this.

Lambert catches 24 off of it the first morning.
Haynes catches 26 off of it in the afternoon.
Haynes gets a better boat number on day 2 and sits on it all day. Lambert never gets a chance to fish it because of this.

So Lambert no longer has any rights to fish the spot because he didn't fish it on day 2 and because he was 2lbs back and this is considered potlicking, hole jumping, bent rod pattern?

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: adam_p] #12764411 05/22/18 02:11 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: adam_p
I'm still trying to grasp this.

Lambert catches 24 off of it the first morning.
Haynes catches 26 off of it in the afternoon.
Haynes gets a better boat number on day 2 and sits on it all day. Lambert never gets a chance to fish it because of this.

So Lambert no longer has any rights to fish the spot because he didn't fish it on day 2 and because he was 2lbs back and this is considered potlicking, hole jumping, bent rod pattern?

I have still yet to read where it states he caught 24
Pounds off of it first morning. Im not saying it doesnt exist and Ive read plenty that he fished it. Just havent seen where it says he caught 100 percent of his weight off of it. Also I think the leader should always get the water he fished the day before. So yes I think regardless lambert was in the wrong.

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764417 05/22/18 02:17 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Plus this has nothing to do with the spot. It's the way the tour is headed with fishing in general. Nobody would even know what ledge fishing on k lake would be without Haynes. He just got tired of the grind giving up spots for the sake of trying to win all these years. Think about about how many potlickers have followed, fished with him, or got waypoints to his stuff over the years. I'm shocked he made it this long. What happened this weekend was a long time coming and I'm betting it's not all about fishing. Family and work play a big role in his life.

Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764431 05/22/18 02:24 AM
T
TxBassSniper Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
So from what I understand this is Haynes home lake and he has no other backup spots to fish? Yet somehow Lambert was able to catch a good sack on day 2 despite Haynes guarding the main spot all day. If the two are friends maybe the more mature thing to do would be to suggest to Lambert that he can have the spot all morning and Haynes hit it in the afternoon. Maybe Lambert would have agreed or maybe he would have told Haynes to go to [censored]. The way things reportedly went down makes Haynes look like a hothead. Just a shame things went down that way without even discussing other options, could have served as a teaching moment for others in the same situation.
But hey, it's his money and his reputation.

Last edited by John Peebles; 05/22/18 02:25 AM.
Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Hoss Holding] #12764438 05/22/18 02:27 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: DHolding
They just should have taken turns casting

Maybe got out the boat fenders and tied up to each other's boat.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Randy Haynes FLW [Re: Brent S] #12764465 05/22/18 02:47 AM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
I don't know much about this situation but the days of a secret ledge disappeared with mapping software. Those spots he cultivated over the years could be picked apart in a few days by good deep water fisherman.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide