Thank you didja

I bought my push pole about ten years ago from Cabela's. They don't have them in stores, you have to order them online (I'm assuming they still offer them, i haven't looked). The one i got came in three, six foot sections plus the ends. I cut two feet off of one of the sections for a sixteen foot pole - my boat is fourteen feet. If i remember correctly they send the epoxy to join the sections and ends (but i might have used some epoxy from Home Depot). I think it cost about $100 but that was ten years ago. So far i have not had a single problem with it (i figured it would only last a couple of seasons). I use mine a lot in the warmer months - creeks for sandies in the spring, carp flats and South Texas redfishing in the summer and fall. I do keep it in my shop - probably wouldn't hold up as well if you keep your boat outside. As far as weight I'm just guessing but i would say maybe six pounds. I've poled my boat all day with it down on the coast and it doesn't get very heavy.

I have a length of rope tied to my poling platform. I'll position the boat within casting range, shove the pointed end of the pole in the mud and tie the rope to it (staking the boat out). Then sneak my way to the casting deck were i have my rod ready to cast. Sounds easy on paper but a lot of things have to go right for it to work. If there are a lot of fish in a small area i will stake the boat out and wait for THEM to come to me. If your up for a challenge and some bragging rights, in my opinion, try poling a boat, fly casting to carp and getting it all on video by yourself. Good Luck.

[Linked Image]