Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina
May 10, 2018MONDAY - May 7thCapt. Billy Freudensprung
- Finished the weekend on a good note with several solid trout being caught, with an immeasurable amount of fun catching hefty reds thrown in the mix. Today I had an opportunity to wade fish with a husband and wife party who finished their day with limits of trout and one flounder. If the wind stays calm for you, try getting out to the San Antonio Bay shell pads if you can. The water’s heating up, and so is the bite (whenever the wind allows).Capt. Cooper Hartmann
- We’ve had a couple descent weather days, which has helped a bit with the fishing. A lot of hefty reds have been brought to the side of the boat recently, which will only continue to be the case as waters get warmer, and as summer gets closer.TUESDAY - May 8thCapt. Nick Dahlman
- A member of my fishing party today caught a spotted San Antonio Bay big gal that was sitting in shallow water near the tip of an oyster reef. This beautiful speck stretched to almost 28-inches on the measuring board, and weighed-in at over 7-pounds. After taking several memorable photos, this big sow was released so as to be able to fight another day. What a wonderful fish!Capt. Stephen Boriskie
- Wade fishing with lures was the customer request today, and the day was nothing ordinary. One newbie to wading, and two veterans, made for a fun and teaching/learning kind of day. Aside from the first fish being a stingray for the novice, he was less terrified of the saltwater varmints as the day progressed, and we initiated another fine lure-chunking wade fisherman - can’t have too many of those! We abandoned the trout quest after boxing enough for dinner and spent several hours searching for redfish, only to come up short. That’s why it’s fishing, and not catching sometimes I guess. Come see us and allow us to help you become a better angler, and share our passion of the salty life on the mid-coast of Texas.Capt. Jeremy McClelland
- Today started out as a grinder, as we could not seem locate a strong bite anywhere. However, and after a lot of searching and hard work, we finally found what we were looking for. We had to stay out on the water a little later than expected, but we closed the day out with a box of solid specks on a strong bite!Capt. Kevin Matula
- Had a good couple of days with this group from all over the country. We got our trout on Monday, but couldn't seem to get on any slot reds. These guys had a biggest-red pot at risk, so their goal today was to target just redfish in an effort to win the pot. So, off we went in search of what they wanted. It took a few different stops, but we found the one they needed. This fish came in at just under 2-inches, and it won them the biggest-red pot. Congrats to Mike on getting this fish in the boat!Capt. Todd Jones
- Had the rare opportunity to wade with lures over the past two days. Our overall numbers were a little disappointing, but the quality of our trout helped to make up for it, with most being in the 20”-21” range. Joe, out on his first wade fishing trip throwing artificial baits, caught his very first redfish. The ol’ captain even managed a good one. To all those familiar with the Bucee’s “super flush” toilets, then you’ll understand the sound this 26” big girl made when she crushed a clown colored Super Spook. A few quick pictures and she was released to fight another day! Air and water temps are warming up, and the big fish will soon follow.WEDNESDAY - May 9thCapt. Cody Spencer
- The last two days have been pretty good. The wind has finally given us a break, and we were able to take advantage of it today! We were wading today while throwing artificial baits, and everyone had a good time - the weather cooperated, as did the fish!Capt. Todd Jones
- An even more rare opportunity this morning, to be able to fish with two highly skilled lure fishermen. Mark and John, CCA Board Directors, came down with a group of other members in recognition of the partnership between Bay Flats Lodge and CCA Building Conservation Trust. We only had a half-day, and the guys wanted a chance to sight cast a few redfish. It wasn’t long before I realized just how serious they were. CCA Corpus Christi president Mark, hooked up on a nice redfish while drifting with lures, and we were off to a good start! These guys could spot the fish, and made some perfect casts to get the big bites. They caught and released several redfish that were tricked by 1/4oz gold spoons in almost gin clear water over heavy grass. They spotted fish tailing, and making big pushes, and crashing bait. The coolest part was watching Mark spot a pod of 8-10 redfish with their tails up in a big red ball. He dragged the spoon through and the water exploded, and the line started stripping. Not something that even I get to see on a regular basis. Glad it all lined up just right for a couple of really good guys. Thanks for all you do to help keep our fisheries and waterfowl habitats thriving!Bay Flats Lodge Resort & MarinaA Corporate Destination
If you’re seeking an unparalleled way to take your corporate outing to the next level, we invite you to experience Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina. You’ll recognize a sense of style the moment you drive onto the property. A quiet location, manicured grounds, a first-class lodge at the edge of San Antonio Bay, and a warm, friendly staff all add up to low-key luxury for you and your corporate party.
A well-planned logistical setup allows us to provide our guests with a unique level of fishing and hunting services not normally experienced elsewhere. You won’t be transported to and from a public boat ramp, and you won’t be expected to leave your vehicle unattended in a potentially unsafe surrounding. The layout of the resort offers our guests the enjoyment of immediate access to a waterside marina that houses all of the guide boats within just a few steps of the resort.
We are confident we will become your choice corporate getaway destination. We’re within equal driving distance from Houston, Austin, or San Antonio, and even a shorter distance from Corpus Christi International Airport. We look forward to welcoming you and your corporate party to the preferred lodge on the Texas coast, where you’re always within casting distance of pure pleasure and relaxation. Upcoming Events:
May 17th - Combat Marine Outdoors
In Barkett’s absence, Bay Flats Lodge has volunteered to serve as host to this year’s annual luncheon event for the Combat Marine Outdoors organization. Their program serves as a vehicle to demonstrate to these Marines, Sailors, and other service members that there are tens of thousands of patriotic Americans who truly care about these brave warriors and are willing to show their appreciation and support by providing once-in-a-lifetime outdoor adventures in some of the most incredible places in the world. It will be our honor and our privilege to host the members of such a fine organization.
CCA Texas - S.T.A.R. Tournament 2018
May 26th through September 3rd, 2018
Just like your lure presentation, CCA is always working to improve the CCA Texas STAR Tournament. This year we are rolling out our brand new CCA Texas Guides Division. The addition of this division DOES NOT affect any other part of the tournament and guides are still ineligible in other divisions. It is the hope of Texas STAR and CCA Texas to be able to reward Texas fishing guides who support marine conservation, and empower them to help recruit more anglers into the CCA mission through this new division. The division winner will be taking home a new 26’ Mowdy Cat, Mercury 225hp ProXS OptiMax outboard, and custom Coastline trailer. https://www.bayflatslodge.com/cca-donationsBFL Fishing Specials:
2018 - August’s “Beat the Heat” Fishing Special
*** Live Bait NOT Included ***
2 Guests Per Boat = $ 368.00 Per Guest
3 Guests Per Boat = $ 300.00 Per Guest
4 Guests Per Boat = $ 282.00 Per Guest
Your Bay Flats Lodge Fishing Special Package Includes (per guest) - Overnight Lodging and Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax, Appetizers and Dinner, Hot Breakfast Buffet, Boat Lunch, and Fish Processing.
BFL's Grass Roots Wade Fishing with Lures Special
We're getting back to the basics by offering a special deal to all of the wading and artificial enthusiasts out there. When you book 3 wading with artificial bait trips in 2018, you will receive your 4th wading with artificial bait trip in 2018 FREE!
- The 4th FREE trip ONLY includes one free full-day of wade fishing with artificial baits for 4 anglers in one boat.
- The 4th FREE trip does NOT include free lodging and meals.
- One full-day of wade fishing with artificial bait constitutes one trip toward your goal.
- All trips must be taken prior to December 31, 2018.
- Offer not valid on trips booked prior to April 1, 2018; only valid on trips booked between April 1, 2018, and December 15, 2018Here’s What a Few of Our Recent Guests Had To Say…
Awesome place, awesome staff! Looking forward to next year! - Chris H. 5/9/18
Capt. Doug Russell is one of the best guides I have ever fished with - he worked hard to get us on fish. I will request him next year for sure! The food is the best I have ever had, period!
- Jeremy S. 5/8/18
The lodge and the staff were amazing! Capt. 'Lil John Wyatt did a great job! The food was great!
- Charles S. 5/7/18
Five-Day Weather Forecast
Friday 20 % Precip. / 0.0 in
Sun and a few passing clouds. High 84F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday 20 % Precip. / 0.0 in
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High around 85F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday 10 % Precip. / 0.0 in
A few clouds from time to time. High 87F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday 10 % Precip. / 0.0 in
Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 86F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday 10 % Precip. / 0.0 in
Mostly sunny. High 86F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
Weak to moderate onshore flow will persist into next week due to surface high pressure over the northern Gulf of Mexico and low pressure over the Southern Plains and over West Texas.
Coastal Water Temperature:
Port Aransas 78.1 degrees
Seadrift 79.0 degrees
Matagorda Bay 78.1 degrees
Watch our storyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGD3KDviAwk&feature=youtu.be&list=UUa...VF-QS0cuOw7jgA
Download our App on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=898844158&mt=8
Download our App on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app_bayflat.layout
Join our fan pagehttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Bay-F...15209515185497
Captain Chris Martinwww.BayFlatsLodge.com
Meet Our Partners:
ES Custom Boats
Simmons Custom Rigging
ForEverlast - Hunting & Fishing Products
Costa Del Mar
CCA - Texas
Building Conservation Trust - CCA’s National Habitat Program
Ducks Unlimited - Texas
Black Cloud Ammunitions
Finck Cigar Company
The Texas Gourmet
Stacy Hedrick - Realtor
Law Call Lanyards
Hector Mendieta Tunes & Tails Fishing Tournament