Print Thread
WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. #12749470 05/09/18 08:46 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
we got on the water around 9.00 and being a check it out for myself kinda guy, we we checking some known good producing spots on the south and mid lake area, mostly small fish, or very few fish ob the piles. we gradually worked our way to the north end and the fishing got progressively better. All baits offered seemed to work good, with pink/white medium sized slab bandits being very good, scents seemed to make all the difference, so a chartruese crappie nibble worked fine.
Most of the 10 and 11 inch females we caught still had eggs, and the males were still dark. fish are quite skinny, except for the black crappie, they have quite a bit more shoulders on them. the 10 and 11 inch white crappie we caught are hardly worth keeping they were so skinny, and next trip will be released. Fish were in all different depths, but most were sitting right on the bottom tight near the brush. we saw a guy scanning pile after pile after pile around us, but not fishing , he was looking for a plum tree, but he evidently doesnt know that you cant always see fish if they are sitting right on the bottom. if you scan several piles and dont see anything, this is likely the case, so drop a jig tight to the brush, right to the bottom and see what gives. we left the lake at 12.30 as buddy wasnt feeling well. we took 16 home. The fishing seemed to get better around 10 am.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: leanin post] #12749486 05/09/18 08:55 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
You just basically my described my trip Sunday evening...i found the same thing....fish tight to the bottom, big females still with eggs and dark males

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: leanin post] #12749705 05/09/18 11:52 PM
horton5303 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Seems when they are on the bottom is when i catch the Whales. But not always.

DriftAway Charters Fishing Trips. South Padre Island, Texas. Bay fishing at it's finest! Call 956-505-9500 to book your trip. https://southpadrefishingtrips.com/
Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: horton5303] #12749794 05/10/18 01:03 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: horton5303
Seems when they are on the bottom is when i catch the Whales. But not always.

whats strange is how most of the fish are all doing the same around the lake. then the next day they are all scattered around the piles, then suspended over the piles.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: leanin post] #12749906 05/10/18 02:38 AM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Good stuff there LP... lots of times the fish will be very tight to or even in a brush pile and no finder will pick them up....
If it's a known pile to hold fish I'm gonna tickle a couple limbs before giving up on it....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: leanin post] #12750220 05/10/18 01:24 PM
AQUA11 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Good time fishing and learning. That's some good information especially for a greenhorn like me. Thanks for the report.

Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: SK.] #12750376 05/10/18 03:21 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: SK.
Good stuff there LP... lots of times the fish will be very tight to or even in a brush pile and no finder will pick them up....
If it's a known pile to hold fish I'm gonna tickle a couple limbs before giving up on it....

yes , its worth at least a try, because if that indeed is the pattern, you can go from pile to pile, whacking them, while joe blow that dont know, scans 40 brushpiles and then convinces himself All of the fish are roaming somewhere in open water, then goes home. Alot of times when they are sitting on bottom, they will hit a jig due to you just invading thier space, they really just dont like something dropping on thier head when they are sitting on the bottom.
Sonar is just a tool, to gather information, but never the definitive answer as to if they are there or not.

Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: leanin post] #12751068 05/11/18 12:48 AM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Originally Posted By: SK.

yes , its worth at least a try, because if that indeed is the pattern, you can go from pile to pile, whacking them, while joe blow that dont know, scans 40 brushpiles and then convinces himself All of the fish are roaming somewhere in open water, then goes home. Alot of times when they are sitting on bottom, they will hit a jig due to you just invading thier space, they really just dont like something dropping on thier head when they are sitting on the bottom.
Sonar is just a tool, to gather information, but never the definitive answer as to if they are there or not.

This ^^ thumb

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: WACO MONDAY . first trip there this year. [Re: leanin post] #12751237 05/11/18 03:32 AM
C
canyoncreek06 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Good stuff. Thanks.

>E

Columbus took a chance and he made it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide