Evinrude Angler Wins Berkley Bassmaster Elite Event

Evinrude announced today that Evinrude professional angler Wesley Strader won the Berkley Bassmaster Elite at Kentucky Lake, held May 4-7 in Paris, Tennessee.

Strader, a first-year Elite Series pro from Spring City, Tennessee, caught a final-day limit of five bass that weighed 20 pounds, 11 ounces and earned his first Elite Series victory with a four-day total of 80 pounds and 4 ounces. After the first day of fishing, Strader was in 16th place, jumping to 11th on Day 2 before taking over the lead on Day 3 with 22 pounds and six ounces the biggest catch of Sundays semifinal round. His final-day catch allowed him to take home the $100,000 prize.

This week everything just went right, said Strader. The first day, I had two fish by 10 oclock and had to move up to the north to a spot I found in practice. I turned that boat around and let my Evinrude just go all out for about ten minutes. Once I got set up again, I quickly caught a six, four, and a three pound fish. I ended up just practicing for the rest of the day, because I knew I couldnt do much better than that. That practice time made all the difference.

We are very excited for Wesleys win this weekend, said Tracy Crocker, senior vice president and general manager, Evinrude.Hes got so much drive and his energy is contagious. We are looking forward to seeing more of him in the tournaments ahead and wish him all the best of luck.

The Evinrude engine line up, from 3.5 to 300 HP, offers customers superior value across a full range of applications, and are available at authorized Evinrude dealerships worldwide. Follow Evinrude on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brpevinrude.

For a complete list of new and existing Evinrude dealers, visit www.evinrude.com.

Photo by Seigo Saito/B.A.S.S.