Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Elpatoloco] #12745478 05/06/18 10:33 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Elpatoloco
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
I think we're all better served if an argument is not started or judgmental fingers pointed.

It not an argument, just a statement of truth. I am not an ostrich. You shouldn't bury your head in the sand.

If you use Jesus to sell, you are doing wrong.

yet you find it ok for the catholic church to pretty much demand tidings?
I was a confirmed, baptized, indoctrinated, catholic for 18 years, so please dont tell me this isnt the case. I recall when I was a child, my father struggling to raise 5 of us kids, and coming home upset, because the priest demanded 20 percent of his pay... YET if you went to the church needing help, were told to go home and pray, but come back sunday with thier 20 percent?
It takes alot of courage to do what Mark is doing, he is HONORING GOD, not using his name as a promotional tool.
There are folks out there handing out business cards in the church lobby, but I dont believe this is the case here.
Mark never brags on himself, or abilities, he brags on JESUS and that is how you know he is genuine! if your ripping of GOD then sooner or later.......
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=johnny+cash+god%27s+gonna+cut+you+down+remix+

Last edited by leanin post; 05/06/18 10:37 PM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745502 05/06/18 10:54 PM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
popcorn

Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745524 05/06/18 11:05 PM
C
Crappie Bait Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Amen, Praise the Lord

Church of Christ
One God - One Faith - One Church - One Doctrine - One Mind
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745530 05/06/18 11:08 PM
C
Crappie Bait Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Your so right leanin post

Church of Christ
One God - One Faith - One Church - One Doctrine - One Mind
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: leanin post] #12745535 05/06/18 11:11 PM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
I think we're all better served if an argument is not started or judgmental fingers pointed.

It not an argument, just a statement of truth. I am not an ostrich. You shouldn't bury your head in the sand.

If you use Jesus to sell, you are doing wrong.

yet you find it ok for the catholic church to pretty much demand tidings?
I was a confirmed, baptized, indoctrinated, catholic for 18 years, so please dont tell me this isnt the case. I recall when I was a child, my father struggling to raise 5 of us kids, and coming home upset, because the priest demanded 20 percent of his pay... YET if you went to the church needing help, were told to go home and pray, but come back sunday with thier 20 percent?
It takes alot of courage to do what Mark is doing, he is HONORING GOD, not using his name as a promotional tool.
There are folks out there handing out business cards in the church lobby, but I dont believe this is the case here.
Mark never brags on himself, or abilities, he brags on JESUS and that is how you know he is genuine! if your ripping of GOD then sooner or later.......
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=johnny+cash+god%27s+gonna+cut+you+down+remix+

They never demanded anything from my family.

If you name your business a name that infers religion or use it to sell....then you get what's coming on judgement day.

Business cards in church same deal

Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Elpatoloco] #12745671 05/07/18 01:22 AM
S
SpinFly Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S

If you name your business a name that infers religion or use it to sell....then you get what's coming on judgement day.

So Marks going to Hell because hes pointing people to Jesus while he makes a living?

My sister started an interior design business and named it Abide. Is she going to Hell because she wants others to abide in Christ, as scripture commands us to do?

I feel the same way you do, but towards phony, fraudulent televangelists and the like.

Jesus didn't come to get you into Heaven. He came to get Heaven into you.
-Adam Hamilton

Don't miss Heaven by 12 inches--the distance between your BRAIN and your HEART!
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745676 05/07/18 01:25 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Or you could look at it another way, maybe he is using the business for 2 reasons. to honor God, and make a living. im sure if he named it a different name, he would still have success, because of who he is depending on. GOD!!!
God said not to bring a beggars bag when you go out to preach, other than that, I dont know what reasoning your basing your feelings on, also when the thieves were ripping people off in the temple, Jesus was angry and flipped the tables and let thier birds loose. They were cheating and stealing.
As a catholic when you pass a catholic church, you make the sign of the cross on your forehead and across your chest, who are you really doing this for, are you doing it so others will see you, and you believe you are convincing them that you are a real Godly man? your doing it because it was indoctrinated into you, like many other traditions of man. Easter eggs, ash wednesday, palm sunday,Good friday, all saints day, and on and on, its all mechanisms of mind control.Do this on this day, do that on that day, bring wallet with loot on sunday. also the rank and file system, if u believe you must confess your sins to a mortal man, who is closer to GOD than you are, and he is under a cardinal, who is under an archbishop, who is under a bishop, that is under a pope, it is alot easier to convince a person they are far down the chain, and remove them from thier money. This is all I will say on this, but I encourage you to open your heart and mind.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745696 05/07/18 01:45 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
So, if I started a bottled water company and named it "Tears of Our Savior Drinking Water" and made my living selling it, you wouldn't have an issue with It?

Jimmy Swaggart, Robert Tilton selling pray cloths......give me a break dude.

Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Elpatoloco] #12745704 05/07/18 01:52 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
So, if I started a bottled water company and named it "Tears of Our Savior Drinking Water" and made my living selling it, you wouldn't have an issue with It?

Elpatoloco (Crazy Duck) your way off base my friend. Bless your heart!

Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: SpinFly] #12745705 05/07/18 01:52 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted By: SpinFly

So Marks going to Hell because hes pointing people to Jesus while he makes a living?

My sister started an interior design business and named it Abide. Is she going to Hell because she wants others to abide in Christ, as scripture commands us to do?

I feel the same way you do, but towards phony, fraudulent televangelists and the like.

I'm not saying that anyone is going to hell. I am saying that he is in the wrong naming his business what he did as he makes personal gain from it. And to come in here stating what he does is great!, the advertisement of his personal business via links to his service or pics with the name on it make it not ok. Advertising right in the lower right hand of the photo.

Last edited by Elpatoloco; 05/07/18 01:54 AM.
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Smurfs] #12745706 05/07/18 01:53 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted By: Smurfs

So you'd be ok with it?

Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Elpatoloco] #12745715 05/07/18 01:58 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Smurfs

So you'd be ok with it?

Yes if you want to sell bottled water, I hope you are very successful.

Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745719 05/07/18 02:00 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
I am not a religious person by any means. I am just a sinner saved by the blood of Jesus Christ who is my Lord and Savior. Follow the Lord Jesus Christ the best you can and he will lead you always. I let Jesus down a lot but he has never let me down nor has he ever left me. Thank GOD for Jesus Christ without him I am nothing. angel2

Side Note: I know several Christian Business who witness the word of God. I know the owners of some of those business and they truly love the Lord Jesus Christ and help show others the way to salvation! angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: Three Nails Guide] #12745731 05/07/18 02:09 AM
palomar Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Friends, you will know a tree by its fruit.

If I remember correctly, Marks entry into the guiding business was a leap of faith and he captured that succinctly in naming his service 3N.

Also, I see no problem with him naming his company 3N and giving glory to God when he has a successful day at work.

Last edited by palomar; 05/07/18 02:11 AM.

[Linked Image]
Fish On!
Re: 3N | Trust God [Re: palomar] #12745742 05/07/18 02:18 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: palomar
Friends, you will know a tree by its fruit.

If I remember correctly, Marks entry into the guiding business was a leap of faith and he captured that succinctly in naming his service 3N.

Also, I see no problem with him naming his company 3N and giving glory to God when he has a successful day at work.

AMEN! Well stated! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide