Forums59
Topics1,038,963
Posts13,956,516
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: crapicat] #12755012 05/14/18 07:19 PM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: John Locke
I totally enjoyed myself, my back hurt until the last few minutes of fishing when TroyKing put a couple of solid keepers in the boat. Man, I thought I was gonna have to carry him all day🤪. It was a good time and great food, the sweet tea, cheesecakes and the homemade ice cream just made it that much sweeter.

Dont feel bad, my back hurt on Friday afternoon as well! Took him a while to let me near a dock, but once he did...game on... woot

Im just glad Troy caught grief for not getting you close enough to the docks like I did..... at one point I was about ready to tie up to one and let you fish trough the trap door in the middle of the dock!!! All kidding aside I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. The food and company were both great. Thanks to everyone who participated to make it happen.

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12755036 05/14/18 07:30 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
I was looking forward to coming and drinking all of Hickory Nuts beer!! Maybe next year!!! Or he can bring it to the camp on Fork Memorial Day weekend!! roflmao

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: Slewfoot] #12755082 05/14/18 07:50 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
I was looking forward to coming and drinking all of Hickory Nuts beer!! Maybe next year!!! Or he can bring it to the camp on Fork Memorial Day weekend!! roflmao

Slewfoot, its your kind of GTG...just saying, next year put it on your calendar!

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12755131 05/14/18 08:21 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Looks like you all had a good time. Maybe next year I can get out there and compete for the smallest stringer.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: BlueNitro] #12755218 05/14/18 09:18 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
That was the stringer I was wanting...couldnt even get that... bang

I mean seriously...I wanted some of Todds baits!...some of that new color hickory nut was using...

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12755640 05/15/18 02:01 AM
Jacob Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Had a great time! Thanks to everyone who put it together! Hopefully Ill have a better showing next year! grin

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12755949 05/15/18 12:29 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Appreciate your concern Todd. Steve and I split a bag of ice on the drive home. flehan If you and Hickory keep doing the cooking ya'll can win next year too! roflmao

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12755970 05/15/18 12:53 PM
H
Hickory Nut Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
H
No mention of Troy's wifes delicious cherry cheese cake. Troy left a whole one in our refrigerator. That's what I had for supper Sunday night. Ate a bag of pork skins and chased them down with three large cups of tea on the drive home. Wasn't hungry but saw the half Todd let me have and ate most of it Sunday night.
The bad thing about the tournament is now I have another great crappie lake on my list to try and fit in to my busy schedule.

smirk

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: CrappieXpress] #12755983 05/15/18 01:03 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Originally Posted By: John Locke
I totally enjoyed myself, my back hurt until the last few minutes of fishing when TroyKing put a couple of solid keepers in the boat. Man, I thought I was gonna have to carry him all day🤪. It was a good time and great food, the sweet tea, cheesecakes and the homemade ice cream just made it that much sweeter.

Dont feel bad, my back hurt on Friday afternoon as well! Took him a while to let me near a dock, but once he did...game on... woot

Im just glad Troy caught grief for not getting you close enough to the docks like I did..... at one point I was about ready to tie up to one and let you fish trough the trap door in the middle of the dock!!! All kidding aside I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. The food and company were both great. Thanks to everyone who participated to make it happen.

I did notice that Troy at least kinda sorta TRIED to get his boat positioned somewhat sideways, in like Mr. Hans Solo, who likes a 90 degree presentation! roflmao Also learned that I am not ever getting the first shot at a dock from the backseat.. roflmao roflmao in fact I feel fortunate just to get within 50 yards of the dock by the time the second fish comes out from under it!

Importantly, I learned that Troy and you both shoot docks with those old all star drop shot rods...that work much better than those short limber rods I brought...thanks for sharing your spare rod...I mean hey, I also learned that different equipment will let you shoot docks basically through the other side of the dock from 50 yards away from the dock, which is where most of my shots came from... sarcastic

On the bright side, I discussed the rod matter with bushhog, who owns more modern type equipment ( nannyboo) and he informed me of his dock shooter rod selection...and I just happen to own a couple of them! woot

Further, I am working on upgrading my jig selection specifically for dock shooting, even as we speak...probably not what you are using, but with all the ingredients that we discussed (or more specifically, you instructed)...That said, you really upgraded my dock shooting knowledge on equipment, and I sincerely appreciate that fact. Now come on over this way, bring different equipment (that dock stuff wont work for standing timber) and we can fish some timber...dont worry, I always carry extra rods in the boat! Plus, I wont make you flounder around very long before I suggest you use it, just saying... roflmao

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12756209 05/15/18 03:25 PM
J
jrc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I fished Murvaul Saturday morning with my Dad and a buddy. There was a lot more crappie fisherman than I ever seen on the lake. We caught a good mess of fish but had to leave just after lunch to get one back for a wedding. I would have enjoyed visiting with some of y'all.

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: jrc] #12756215 05/15/18 03:28 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: jrc
I fished Murvaul Saturday morning with my Dad and a buddy. There was a lot more crappie fisherman than I ever seen on the lake. We caught a good mess of fish but had to leave just after lunch to get one back for a wedding. I would have enjoyed visiting with some of y'all.
we've had this in the works for a few months now...but nevertheless it would have been great to meet yall.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12756272 05/15/18 04:17 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Dock shooting's fun but evidently brush piles are where the $$$$ at.

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: jrc] #12756955 05/16/18 12:51 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: jrc

You would have been welcomed...heck, Troy had everybody around over at some point...I am guessing they REALLY like his wife/kids! roflmao

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: bush hog] #12756964 05/16/18 12:55 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: bush hog

ANYBODY can catch big fish on brushpiles, bushhog...I mean hey, Tbox and hickory nut can! Invite them to shoot docks sometime, see how that works out! woot roflmao stir woot

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: crapicat] #12757001 05/16/18 01:20 AM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: bush hog

ANYBODY can catch big fish on brushpiles, bushhog...I mean hey, Tbox and hickory nut can! Invite them to shoot docks sometime, see how that works out! woot roflmao stir woot

Heck bush hog had the biggest fish...2.11 sow.

Crappiecat I owe you and Roach a burger sometime...the cabin was cheaper than i thought. hmmm

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide