Forums59
Topics1,039,172
Posts13,960,336
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12752262 05/12/18 01:22 AM
Jacob Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Do I need to bring anything?

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12752389 05/12/18 02:57 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Yo hiney!!!!!

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12753780 05/13/18 09:35 PM
J
just one more Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Thanks Troy for putting the GTG together. Great time was had by all. By the way CrappieXpress your tarter sauce was excellent and I loved the homemade ice cream Hickroy Nut.

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12753782 05/13/18 09:40 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Yes and thanks to Todd and Troy for doing the fish cooking. It was all delicious. Always good to make new friends! banana

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: Ken Gaby] #12753795 05/13/18 09:56 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Crapicat, I take it all back on that tarter sauce. I was never fond of horses and don't like radishes.
So ifin I was gonna be there, I'd go for your recipe.
Sorry CrappieExpress, that horseradish scares me. Makes my nose run. roflmao

Actually Ken, it was pretty good...I never could taste the horseradish...which is a good thing to me. Not to tangy, not too sweet...and I ate all I got...ate half my fish with and half without...MUCH BETTER than storebought, which I dont care to eat...

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: bush hog] #12753797 05/13/18 10:04 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: bush hog
Yes and thanks to Todd and Troy for doing the fish cooking. It was all delicious. Always good to make new friends! banana

I am gonna have to do a couple top ten lists on that GTG...maybe a top ten comments made, and a top ten things I learned...if you were there and have submissions, send me a PM!

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12753798 05/13/18 10:05 PM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
thumb You get a bunch of crappie fishermen together and it's always fun. Especially when you add in some good eats.
Sounds like everything went perfect; including the tarter sauce.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12754240 05/14/18 12:30 PM
T
THarris22 Offline
Angler
Angler
T
How was the fishing?

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: THarris22] #12754249 05/14/18 12:38 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: THarris22
How was the fishing?

Fishing was good...some of us fished Friday...enough fish were caught that we didnt need to use Saturdays catch...

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: just one more] #12754405 05/14/18 01:58 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: just one more
Thanks Troy for putting the GTG together. Great time was had by all. By the way CrappieXpress your tarter sauce was excellent and I loved the homemade ice cream Hickroy Nut.

Yes sir, I believe a good time was had by all... I want to thank everybody for coming out and participating. There were enough one liners, insults, and outright lies going around to keep everybody busy... At one point my wife whisperd to me" yall really talk to each other like that".. hahaha she thought somebody was going to get mad or offended.
The fellowship was good!.. fishing was great!!.. and the food was wonderful!!!.

(Todd and hickory) nut had the heaviest Stringer and schooled us real good... hickory nut also won the $25 gift card that was donated for the biggest non crappie fish, which turned out to be about a 3 lb Channel cat..

(Mr Roach and Just one more) won The Prize Package that was donated by thermocline lures for the smallest Stringer( hopefully they can up there game now that they have something that will catch big fish)

(crappiecat) seemed to be in a quandary the entire weekend when it came to fishing, his rods were either to short to shoot docks or two long to fish brush piles..I know he's proud of his equipment, but the poor fellow just about brought a knife to a gun fight.hahaha.

I never realized how small murvall was untill you get a bunch of potlickers on the same water hole!!..If we happen to do this again i think ill call it the 2nd annual lake murvall get together and potlicker tournament

Last edited by TroyKing; 05/14/18 02:03 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: THarris22] #12754423 05/14/18 02:08 PM
H
Hickory Nut Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted By: THarris22
How was the fishing?

Troy and I cleaned 65 Fri afternoon that were caught between him, Dale, Tbox and myself. Had three gallon zip locks of fillets. Great lake for crappie. All teams weighed in a seven fish limit Sat. Tbox and I had seven weighing fish by eight am Sat morning. We startd fishing about nine Sunday morning and didn't keep any fish but easily had over fifty fish by four.
By the way, I even won an academy gift card for a two pound catfish.
Thanks again to everyone that made this happen. A special thanks to Mr Roachie for the steaks Friday night.

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12754808 05/14/18 05:27 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Murvaul is a Great little lake!
We got lucky and put a good pattern together pretty quickly.
Big log laydowns in 8-12 fow held the better quality fish.
Here's some pics.

31 we caught Friday pre-fishing

View from back of cabin

Was able to beach my boat for the weekend

Cookout in progress

Another pic while cooking was going on

These are picture we took while fishing Sunday. It was an absolute THUMP FEST!

Doubled up on Whites

Doubled up on Blacks

Hope y'all got a bag of ice and sat on it to cool off the 2.5# Arse Whooping we put on you local boys roflmao roflmao

SERIOUSLY, great time, enjoyed visiting with everyone thumb clap

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12754866 05/14/18 05:54 PM
J
John Locke Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I totally enjoyed myself, my back hurt until the last few minutes of fishing when TroyKing put a couple of solid keepers in the boat. Man, I thought I was gonna have to carry him all day🤪. It was a good time and great food, the sweet tea, cheesecakes and the homemade ice cream just made it that much sweeter.

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: John Locke] #12754874 05/14/18 06:02 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: John Locke
I totally enjoyed myself, my back hurt until the last few minutes of fishing when TroyKing put a couple of solid keepers in the boat. Man, I thought I was gonna have to carry him all day🤪. It was a good time and great food, the sweet tea, cheesecakes and the homemade ice cream just made it that much sweeter.

Dont feel bad, my back hurt on Friday afternoon as well! Took him a while to let me near a dock, but once he did...game on... woot

Re: **May 12th spring get together ,lake murvall ( fresh thread)** [Re: TroyKing] #12754884 05/14/18 06:08 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
Originally Posted By: just one more

Yes sir, I believe a good time was had by all... I want to thank everybody for coming out and participating. There were enough one liners, insults, and outright lies going around to keep everybody busy... At one point my wife whisperd to me" yall really talk to each other like that".. hahaha she thought somebody was going to get mad or offended.
The fellowship was good!.. fishing was great!!.. and the food was wonderful!!!.

(Todd and hickory) nut had the heaviest Stringer and schooled us real good... hickory nut also won the $25 gift card that was donated for the biggest non crappie fish, which turned out to be about a 3 lb Channel cat..

(Mr Roach and Just one more) won The Prize Package that was donated by thermocline lures for the smallest Stringer( hopefully they can up there game now that they have something that will catch big fish)

(crappiecat) seemed to be in a quandary the entire weekend when it came to fishing, his rods were either to short to shoot docks or two long to fish brush piles..I know he's proud of his equipment, but the poor fellow just about brought a knife to a gun fight.hahaha.

I never realized how small murvall was untill you get a bunch of potlickers on the same water hole!!..If we happen to do this again i think ill call it the 2nd annual lake murvall get together and potlicker tournament

There was definitely some pot licking going on!...Troy had his WHINE going full tilt...yeeee roflmao

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide