Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Summer patterns [Re: franchi] #12738924 05/02/18 01:07 AM
i-Fish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Offshore, main lake cover like rock piles. Also, standing timber off of points and/or adjacent road beds. Marinas are always good too for shallow and deep fishing.

If you can't find em wind em.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Summer patterns [Re: JavelinJ] #12739020 05/02/18 01:46 AM
Donald Harper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: txfour
Originally Posted By: bigcat85
Originally Posted By: txfour
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
- Heavy shoreline vegetation for the Top Water bite.
- Deep Grass if available for heavy drop shot.
- 20 ft. Irregular contours next to the channel, creeks and river channel for Crig dragging.

How do you find deep grass if you are not familiar with the lake?

Sonar, down/side imaging

Do you have an example pic of what it would look like on SI?

I have run through several searches that google provides to come up with some shots for you. Believe it or not most are pretty sorry. These guys that do take the time to try to put up some helpful information are using 5 and 7 inch screens and do not show much except some short grass. That is not what we are looking for.

First you have to be in a lake that grows the stuff deep like Lake Amistad and a few others. We are talking about grass that is 20 ft. tall. It grows on the sides of deep drops and once you get inside a canyon it grow right down the middle all the way to the back.

There is no mistaking what deep grass looks like on your depth finder. You are going along looking at your depth finder sonar at a fairly slick bottom then all of a sudden the screen totally changes and there is no question that it is tall grass. The edge of this grass grows basically right on the lip of the contour and follows that contour as it goes in and out around points and into gouges or ditches. Deep grass is absolutely one of the easiest underwater covers to recognize on the down scan and side scan.

Hope this helps. Sorry I could not help with the pictures. If you google Sonar Pictures of Tall Grass you will see a few shots but not many.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Summer patterns [Re: SWH] #12739532 05/02/18 01:54 PM
J
Jake Blood Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: scott123456789
Do you folks have go to dock flipping baits?

Honestly, I have limited myself so much to just fishing docs (bad BAD habit) that I can skip pretty much anything I want under a doc. Definitely want to use spinning gear, even the best of them will get the occasional bird nest if you use a bait caster.

I would practice standing a few feet away from my truck, and see if I could skip a bait underneath and out the other side... and of course, practice with actual docs is always good.

I don't skip Carolina rigs much, they tend to tangle...but t rigs, jigs, weightless, even spinner baits... OH and try to skip it next to every support beam that goes down into the water...

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide