Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Draft [Re: Davedave] #12726082 04/22/18 03:59 PM
J
Jman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Griffin will get drafted by someone in probably round 4. He will be an NFL player. Football is Football. Hes shown enough over the last 4 yrs that he can make a difference.

Jim Featherston
Mortgage Loan Officer - NMLS 2509901
Red Diamond Home Loans
PH 972-890-3114
Apply at: RDHLoans.com/Jim
Licensed to Serve Clients in Texas and Florida
Re: Draft [Re: Coach Hark] #12726141 04/22/18 05:06 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Coach Hark
Theyve got to get a lber and a safety. Got too.

Thats my opinion too

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships

[Linked Image]

Re: Draft [Re: Davedave] #12726153 04/22/18 05:34 PM
D
Davedave Offline OP
Bigfoot Seeker
OP Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Anyone like the idea of a trade up for a Baker Rosen Rosen Darnell?

Re: Draft [Re: patriot07] #12726155 04/22/18 05:35 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: patriot07
Originally Posted By: RayBob
Hernandez the OG from UTEP maybe or best available OL. Talk in the off season has been all about making the offense Dak friendly. Fixing the OL issues will do that. Biggest need after that is LB'er. If it was me at 19 and he's available then I'd pick Vita Vea.
OL is the biggest need for the cowboys IMHO. I know they need all sorts of help on defense at nearly all positions, but they're 2 decent offensive linemen away from getting back that good running game and making it much more Dak-friendly. One decent player isn't going to make the defense that much better - they just have too many holes on that side of the ball.

But I think they should draft best player available. Drafting for position when you're as bad as they are is a losing game - ask Cleveland.

I think they are only short one lineman, they basically have 4 first rounders, they just need a serviceable guard to plug in between Smith and Frederick. I hope they move up and get one of those bad arse linebackers or tackles, trade up in the second to snatch a receiver, make the trade with Seattle to get Thomas, then running back, tight end have to come into play. They also may be able to trade for a receiver, I think Pittsburg has too many.

[Linked Image]
Re: Draft [Re: Davedave] #12726171 04/22/18 05:57 PM
2014NITROZ-7 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
They need to trade up,take Mayfield,add one more clown to this circus.

Re: Draft [Re: Happykamper] #12726173 04/22/18 05:59 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Hernandez the OG from UTEP maybe or best available OL. Talk in the off season has been all about making the offense Dak friendly. Fixing the OL issues will do that. Biggest need after that is LB'er. If it was me at 19 and he's available then I'd pick Vita Vea.
OL is the biggest need for the cowboys IMHO. I know they need all sorts of help on defense at nearly all positions, but they're 2 decent offensive linemen away from getting back that good running game and making it much more Dak-friendly. One decent player isn't going to make the defense that much better - they just have too many holes on that side of the ball.

But I think they should draft best player available. Drafting for position when you're as bad as they are is a losing game - ask Cleveland.

I think they are only short one lineman, they basically have 4 first rounders, they just need a serviceable guard to plug in between Smith and Frederick. I hope they move up and get one of those bad arse linebackers or tackles, trade up in the second to snatch a receiver, make the trade with Seattle to get Thomas, then running back, tight end have to come into play. They also may be able to trade for a receiver, I think Pittsburg has too many.
They need a LG and RT, and I honestly think they need to start working on a replacement for Smith. His back issues have made him average when he's there, and we're well below average at LT when he's injured, which is nearly all the time it seems like. IMHO, Frederick and Martin are the only two who are above average. They're both fantastic, but they can't make up for 60% of the line being a liability. Just look at how many sacks they had on Dak last year.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Draft [Re: patriot07] #12726182 04/22/18 06:13 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

They need a LG and RT, and I honestly think they need to start working on a replacement for Smith. His back issues have made him average when he's there, and we're well below average at LT when he's injured, which is nearly all the time it seems like. IMHO, Frederick and Martin are the only two who are above average. They're both fantastic, but they can't make up for 60% of the line being a liability. Just look at how many sacks they had on Dak last year.

Right tackle ?? Replace Smith ?? I guess we will have to agree to disagree, and a lot of those sacks were because Dak holds the ball way too long, and his receivers did not help him as much but a good QB would have done much better, jmho.

[Linked Image]
Re: Draft [Re: Davedave] #12726188 04/22/18 06:18 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Smith gave up quite a few sacks last year, beat without even touching the DE. And that was in the few games he played. His replacements gave up tons of sacks while he was out. All you need is an average LT to be a big upgrade.

As for right tackle, I forgot they had moved Collins over there. I'll submit that if they got a LG and then a young guy who could fill in when Smith is out and eventually replace him entirely in 2-3 years, that would be a decent path forward.

I don't disagree that Dak held the ball too long at times, or that it was often his WR's fault. But I still think they need significant OL help.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Draft [Re: patriot07] #12726295 04/22/18 08:02 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Smith gave up quite a few sacks last year, beat without even touching the DE. And that was in the few games he played. His replacements gave up tons of sacks while he was out. All you need is an average LT to be a big upgrade.

As for right tackle, I forgot they had moved Collins over there. I'll submit that if they got a LG and then a young guy who could fill in when Smith is out and eventually replace him entirely in 2-3 years, that would be a decent path forward.

I don't disagree that Dak held the ball too long at times, or that it was often his WR's fault. But I still think they need significant OL help.

Smith was quoted as saying he is 100 % and feels better than he has in a long time, all players go through injuries, 70 % of Smith is better than 50 % of all left tackles in the NFL. But a good back up swing tackle would make tons of sense.

[Linked Image]
Re: Draft [Re: Happykamper] #12726424 04/22/18 11:11 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R

Smith was quoted as saying he is 100 % and feels better than he has in a long time, all players go through injuries, 70 % of Smith is better than 50 % of all left tackles in the NFL. But a good back up swing tackle would make tons of sense.

Smith is better because of rest. I wonder how he'll feel once he starts getting into collisions with NFL defensive ends and LB'ers.

He was the best OT in the league 3 years ago but the pain of a bad back takes away from his game quite a bit. He has really done nothing for his back to correct any structural defects. Rest allows inflammation to go away but being a starting NFL offensive lineman at play removes the rest aspect.

I'm not privy to the details of his injury so this year will tell us if my suspicions are right but they need to continue to beef and protect the strength of the team which is the OL.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Draft [Re: Happykamper] #12726490 04/23/18 12:26 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

I don't disagree with any of that. If he's 70% healthy and plays 100% of the time, that would be great. Hopefully this year is better than last. I believe the poor performance we got from LT is a big part of the drop in offensive production last year.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Draft [Re: patriot07] #12726511 04/23/18 12:43 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

I don't disagree with any of that. If he's 70% healthy and plays 100% of the time, that would be great. Hopefully this year is better than last. I believe the poor performance we got from LT is a big part of the drop in offensive production last year.

So the Eagles lose their starting QB, THE most important position on an NFL team, for the season and somehow manage to win the Super Bowl but the Cowboys LT has a less than stellar season and they cant even make the playoffs

Every year its some [censored] excuse why they cant even make it to the conference championship much less the SB

[Linked Image]

Re: Draft [Re: Happykamper] #12726555 04/23/18 01:29 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
[quote=patriot07][quote=RayBob]Hernandez the OG from UTEP maybe or best available OL. Talk in the off season has been all about making the offense Dak friendly. Fixing the OL issues will do that. Biggest need after that is LB'er. If it was me at 19 and he's available then I'd pick Vita Vea.

Right tackle ?? Replace Smith ?? I guess we will have to agree to disagree, and a lot of those sacks were because Dak holds the ball way too long, and his receivers did not help him as much but a good QB would have done much better, jmho.

Such a polite response.... sometimes I just can't even frkazoid

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Draft [Re: Davedave] #12726593 04/23/18 01:58 AM
N
Not2Old2Fish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Field Goal kickers.
They need a plan B.
And they are the best tacklers.

<°(((((>{
Re: Draft [Re: Scagnetti] #12726676 04/23/18 02:56 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted By: Scagnetti

So the Eagles lose their starting QB, THE most important position on an NFL team, for the season and somehow manage to win the Super Bowl but the Cowboys LT has a less than stellar season and they cant even make the playoffs

Every year its some [censored] excuse why they cant even make it to the conference championship much less the SB
The most important position is head coach. Ask the Patriots. Cowboys are sorely lacking there.

Cowboys couldn't run left or protect their QB. So basically the only thing the defense had to worry about was a run behind Martin/Frederick, and that's not all that effective when your stud RB is out 6 games. So yes, the lack of stability at LT played a big role in the ability of the offense to have any sort of versatility.

As for last season, it was an anomaly. There is a reason the Eagles went from 7-9 to super bowl champs, and it wasn't Nick Foles or even Carson Wentz. Something just got right with that team and they made an awesome run. And for the record, Nick Foles is a heck of a backup. It's not like they had Brandon Weeden or Trent Dilfer in there.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide