Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Allstate insurance #12717067 04/15/18 01:50 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Homeowners insurance has gone downhill in last few years.
That is all, carry on.

Reel Thrill’s Guide Service
Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717069 04/15/18 01:52 AM
S
Smurfs Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Yes they do, always has!

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717215 04/15/18 04:32 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: Kerry Dugan
That is all, carry on.

Allstate has become the one of the worst HomeOnwers Insurance company out there

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: RedRanger] #12717245 04/15/18 08:01 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
That is all, carry on.

Getting [censored] my parents. They have used em for years, about a year ago a decent hail storm came through. Mother called and inspector came out. Checked roof and stated that there is some damage, but not significant to worry about. Couple months later another one came through. 3 neighbors had roof replaced. Allstate once again stated yes you has hail damage, not significant enough to replace roof. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. Parents had to renew homeowners policy. Inspector came out, look at everything around the house. Mother received a letter today of cancellation due to pre exsisting dmage mother called and they stated roof is damaged and we cant cover your home.

Last edited by Kerry Dugan; 04/15/18 08:03 AM.

Reel Thrill’s Guide Service
Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717275 04/15/18 11:02 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
That is all, carry on.

Getting [censored] my parents. They have used em for years, about a year ago a decent hail storm came through. Mother called and inspector came out. Checked roof and stated that there is some damage, but not significant to worry about. Couple months later another one came through. 3 neighbors had roof replaced. Allstate once again stated yes you has hail damage, not significant enough to replace roof. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. Parents had to renew homeowners policy. Inspector came out, look at everything around the house. Mother received a letter today of cancellation due to pre exsisting dmage mother called and they stated roof is damaged and we cant cover your home.

I deal with them on water leaks in the houses, I wouldn't have them.

At one time they were pretty good, them days are gone

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717342 04/15/18 01:06 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
They were pretty bad to some post Hurricane Rita around here .

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717384 04/15/18 01:39 PM
C
Chevy4dr57 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Great insurers until you need them to pay for coverage. You get what you pay for.........

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717449 04/15/18 02:40 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I was with them 25 years over 4 houses. Had a very large hail claim last spring. They paid the claim and then dropped me like a hot rock. Took forever to find a new insurance company because no one wanted to touch me after that claim. Now paying twice the premium to Farmers because they knew they had me over a barrel.

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: dkershen] #12717457 04/15/18 02:44 PM
Team Skeeterless Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: dkershen
I was with them 25 years over 4 houses. Had a very large hail claim last spring. They paid the claim and then dropped me like a hot rock. Took forever to find a new insurance company because no one wanted to touch me after that claim. Now paying twice the premium to Farmers because they knew they had me over a barrel.

Premium has nothing to do with having you over a barrel. Only based on rating factors, areas and such but certainly not charging more just cause your having a hard time finding someone to cover you. Lol

Nick Larsen
Re: Allstate insurance [Re: dkershen] #12717464 04/15/18 02:47 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable

Insurances uses C.L.U.E. System to track claims on the houses.

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: RedRanger] #12717529 04/15/18 04:00 PM
aclaimsman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Insurances uses C.L.U.E. System to track claims on the houses.

Not only do they track your homeowner claims, they track your'e overall claims history. Bad driver, workers comp claims, homeowners, etc, make for a bad risk.

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717582 04/15/18 04:40 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That is all, carry on.

Need to do this ASAP.

https://www.tdi.texas.gov/consumer/complfrm.html

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: SheldonS] #12717585 04/15/18 04:45 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: SheldonS
That is all, carry on.

Need to do this ASAP.

The big 3 Insurance companies in Texas back around 2000 took all the bite out of the TDI. They are now just a neutered joke.

Remember when they all stopped selling homeowner insurance in Texas, and companies like Farmers was cancelling long time customers. TDI had no power over them.

They did away with the HO-A and HO-B policies and when they started selling homewoners again they offered a much water down version with the same rates.

Re: Allstate insurance [Re: Kerry Dugan] #12717662 04/15/18 06:29 PM
Team Skeeterless Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Is that where your hate for Farmers comes from RR?? Cause theres far more to the story but your correct about the HOB going away at the time simply bc it lacked the word sudden when talking about water discharge so courts determined that mold was covered under the HOB in TX. The mold issue would have bankrupted all major insurers and when insurance companies asked to get sudden added to the HOB policy language they were denied by TDI. Thats why everyone stopped selling and had to come up with new policies. Its was not a fun time to be working for an agents office thats for sure.

Nick Larsen
Re: Allstate insurance [Re: RedRanger] #12717698 04/15/18 07:48 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: SheldonS

Need to do this ASAP.

The big 3 Insurance companies in Texas back around 2000 took all the bite out of the TDI. They are now just a neutered joke.

Remember when they all stopped selling homeowner insurance in Texas, and companies like Farmers was cancelling long time customers. TDI had no power over them.

They did away with the HO-A and HO-B policies and when they started selling homewoners again they offered a much water down version with the same rates.

A friend of mine, who is also a long time State Farm agent, once told me that if it was up to the insurance companies, theyd wish that California, Texas and Florida would all float out into the ocean and be gone because of all the catastrophic property claims from those states

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide