Monday's fishing session: With Capt. Chris and TJ at Bay Flats Lodge.

Drift fishing uncharted environs with the airboat found Capt. TJ and I casting to crimson shoulder redfish along protected pot holes. Despite every lure imaginable thrown, these golden back fish wouldn’t cooperate. Now, we did come up on small shell humps just inches below the water surface that resulted back-to-back hook ups giving up one trout after another. Best action was scored on voodoo shrimp tipped under a popping cork while rigged on 1/8 oz. jig heads.
Water conditions: Dirty
Wind Speed/Direction: NE 15-20
Weather: Drizzle rain and cloudy all day
Lures: Voodoo brown shrimp, spook blue chrome top water, and new penny gulp.

by Nick M. on BAY FLATS LODGE
We had an absolute blast!  Hospitality was above and beyond!  Look forward to coming back in the near future.  Capt. Todd Jones was a great help for someone who doesn’t fish that often!  -  Nick M.  4/9/18
Apr 9, 2018

by Rob G. on BAY FLATS LODGE
I have had the opportunity to hunt and fish at many lodges and your lodge is top-notch!  Thanks for the wonderful experience!  -  Rob G.  4/9/18
Apr 9, 2018

by Jim T. on BAY FLATS LODGE
If there was a way for me to grade the food and food service higher than "Well Above Average", I would have marked that!  You have a great place and great people!  -  Jim T.  4/9/18
Apr 9, 2018

by Clay R. on BAY FLATS LODGE
The lodge staff and our fishing guide, Capt. Jeremy McClelland, were very accommodating and helpful.  Keep up the great service!  -  Clay R.  4/9/18
Apr 8, 2018

by Mark L. on BAY FLATS LODGE
The staff was professional with a great attitude, and the food was great (the quail was wonderful)!  Capt. Doug Russell was awesome!  -  Mark L.  4/8/18
Apr 8, 2018

by Greg D. on BAY FLATS LODGE
Capt. Jeremy McClelland was excellent and extremely competent.  Probably was the the best fishing guide I’ve ever fished with.  Kudos!  -  Greg D.  4/8/18
Apr 8, 2018

by Kerry J. on BAY FLATS LODGE
Everybody is great!  TJ was there to meet us and made sure we had everything we needed and got us settled in.  He always remembers our group and makes sure he spends time with us to make everyone feel welcome.  I fished with Capt. Harold Dworaczyk one day and Capt. Jason Wagenfehr the next.  They are both excellent guides who make sure you know the game plan but let you do your thing as well.  Best guides around!  The food is always top-notch!  Can't wait until 5:30pm each day to dig in to those appetizers!  We stayed in the new house.  We had the whole house to ourselves and had an awesome time!  Keep doing what you're doing!  -  Kerry J.  4/8/18