Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Mark Perry] #12705451 04/06/18 01:40 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Originally Posted By: JayC41
We bought a defective item once through Amazon. I called amazon customer service to ask about the proper way to return the item. The customer service rep told me not to worry about returning the item and just credited our account for the amount we paid for the item. Walmart or any other retailer would ever do that. The cost on the item was around $350.

Amazon then credits themselves against the supplier of the product. No skin off their back. Supplier is ultimately the one that looses product and the cash flow. Double edge sword to a supplier!

Sounds like that supplier should not use Anazon then. If they can't handle terms of the contract they should not sign it in the first place.

Exactly

Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Ghost4BH] #12705563 04/06/18 02:49 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
We bought a defective item once through Amazon. I called amazon customer service to ask about the proper way to return the item. The customer service rep told me not to worry about returning the item and just credited our account for the amount we paid for the item. Walmart or any other retailer would ever do that. The cost on the item was around $350.

Amazon then credits themselves against the supplier of the product. No skin off their back. Supplier is ultimately the one that looses product and the cash flow. Double edge sword to a supplier!

Im the consumer, I dont care what amazon does with the supplier. My point is that amazon went above and beyond to make sure their customer was happy. Great customer service is what makes people return.

Damn right. If that is a bad deal for the supplier, they will either live with it, or stop selling through amazon. Their P&L statements mean nothing to me. Im concerned with my own spending.

I love amazon. Prices are fair, rarely an issue with a package arriving late, and they have a very generous return policy.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Derek 🐝] #12705569 04/06/18 02:53 PM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
I've been using Amazon for years and I don't think I've ever returned anything yet. I might buy something today just to return it to see how easy it goes.

Likely Amazon Return

This may or may not come in handy for your next trip to Lake Clark.

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: CCTX] #12705698 04/06/18 04:53 PM
Gungle Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Geez, returning to them couldn't be easier! Print out the label off their site, drop it off at UPS and as soon as UPS scans the UPC label your credit card is credited! It's too easy! Heck I'll order something that I'm not sure of knowing I can send it back so easy!

Cheers, cheers

George

Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: CCTX] #12705756 04/06/18 05:21 PM
C
CCTX Online Content OP
mapquest
OP Online Content
mapquest
C
Update:

Talked with the guy at the UPS store, and he's seeing more issues with returns.

The item was delivered by UPS ground, but he says that items heavier than 150lbs can not be returned by UPS ground (that goes through UPS freight--more costly)

[Linked Image]
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Mark Perry] #12705811 04/06/18 05:51 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Sounds like that supplier should not use Anazon then. If they can't handle terms of the contract they should not sign it in the first place.

It's all about ME ME ME now days, how can I better MYSELF. Hence why we are in this boat.

Being a firefighter you won't have to deal with the economy....but it's a biatch right now trying to make a living.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: butch sanders] #12705813 04/06/18 05:52 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: butch sanders

Im the consumer, I dont care what amazon does with the supplier. My point is that amazon went above and beyond to make sure their customer was happy. Great customer service is what makes people return.

wow

ME ME ME......

We don't care about anyone but ourselves. Dog eat dog world.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12705829 04/06/18 06:04 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

It's all about ME ME ME now days, how can I better MYSELF. Hence why we are in this boat.

Being a firefighter you won't have to deal with the economy....but it's a biatch right now trying to make a living.

I deal with the same economy you do. You are not special. I went 7-8 yrs with zero raises. I dont use my health insurance at work cause it's not all that great. I am on my wife's plan. It's not all roses for everyone besides you. My salary like all public safety salaries is public info. Look at some of them before you think we are all rolling in money.

No business is special. Times have changed and you adapt or move on. Some suppliers and smaller businesses thrive in this economy because they adapted.

Contrary to popular belief not all public safety jobs are secure from layoffs and such. Not all of us are making big money. I ain't complaining though cause I did not get into this to get rich. I knew the score before I took the job. I am free to leave at anytime if I feel like it ain't providing the money I need to live on. I got over 15 years on my job and daily I see job postings at other cities where recruits start out making more than I make now. So far it has not caused me to be mad or bitter. If it did I would move on. I damn sure would not sit around and be bitter about it and trash everything and everyone that saw things differently than I do. Only concern I have is dying on the job now or later thanks to the incredibly high cancer rates we have from job exposures.

Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: CCTX] #12705836 04/06/18 06:12 PM
aquaholic1822 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
and boom goes the dynamite

[Linked Image]
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: aquaholic1822] #12705851 04/06/18 06:24 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822
and boom goes the dynamite

Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: CCTX] #12705867 04/06/18 06:31 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: collincountytx

Can you please clarify? Is he seeing more returns, or is he seeing issues (like shipping problems) with the returns themselves?

I'm always interested in this kind of info because I do contract work for a company that consults for Amazon sellers. I can tell you this - Amazon is a moving target for sellers. What they expect from sellers and how they deal with them is extremely frustrating from the seller side. For a while now the best advice on returns/refunds has been to just do it and take the loss, that's the cost of doing business on Amazon.

Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Ghost4BH] #12705887 04/06/18 06:45 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
We bought a defective item once through Amazon. I called amazon customer service to ask about the proper way to return the item. The customer service rep told me not to worry about returning the item and just credited our account for the amount we paid for the item. Walmart or any other retailer would never do that. The cost on the item was around $350.

I've had both Walmart and Wayfair do that. Walmart has done it on 3 or 4 smaller items (however, the last item I returned to Walmart was liquid sooap that opened during shipping - they actually made me ship the almost empty container back to them). Wayfair did it on a wooden bed frame. The frame was damaged when it arrived. I emailed them photos and they refunded my money and asked if I could dispose it. That was almost a thousand dollar item they just wrote off. I repaired the frame and am still using it. I felt a little guilty about it, but it was their choice to handle it the way they did.

I can only remember one item we returned to Amazon. Packed it up and shipped with the label they provided. Money was back in our account pretty quick.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: Canino] #12705889 04/06/18 06:46 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Canino
Originally Posted By: collincountytx

Can you please clarify? Is he seeing more returns, or is he seeing issues (like shipping problems) with the returns themselves?

I'm always interested in this kind of info because I do contract work for a company that consults for Amazon sellers. I can tell you this - Amazon is a moving target for sellers. What they expect from sellers and how they deal with them is extremely frustrating from the seller side. For a while now the best advice on returns/refunds has been to just do it and take the loss, that's the cost of doing business on Amazon.

Amazon is very frustrating to work with if youre a vendor and they treat vendors incredibly poorly. Its a constant battle just trying to make any margin by selling to Amazon.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12705915 04/06/18 07:00 PM
aquaholic1822 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
We bought a defective item once through Amazon. I called amazon customer service to ask about the proper way to return the item. The customer service rep told me not to worry about returning the item and just credited our account for the amount we paid for the item. Walmart or any other retailer would never do that. The cost on the item was around $350.

I've had both Walmart and Wayfair do that. Walmart has done it on 3 or 4 smaller items (however, the last item I returned to Walmart was liquid sooap that opened during shipping - they actually made me ship the almost empty container back to them). Wayfair did it on a wooden bed frame. The frame was damaged when it arrived. I emailed them photos and they refunded my money and asked if I could dispose it. That was almost a thousand dollar item they just wrote off. I repaired the frame and am still using it. I felt a little guilty about it, but it was their choice to handle it the way they did.

I can only remember one item we returned to Amazon. Packed it up and shipped with the label they provided. Money was back in our account pretty quick.

I dont think Wayfair takes any returns...or if you want to return something its on your dime...I cant remember but have a friend that works at their Bryan office

Last edited by aquaholic1822; 04/06/18 07:01 PM. Reason: Awesome story, right?

[Linked Image]
Re: Amazon's return policy PSA [Re: aquaholic1822] #12705922 04/06/18 07:06 PM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson

I dont think Wayfair takes any returns...or if you want to return something its on your dime...I cant remember but have a friend that works at their Bryan office

That's not fair at all.

Team Wolfs
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide