Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: JeffLStevens] #12701404 04/03/18 06:36 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
it is concerning when there are so many responses on here defending the actions of someone leaving the boat to spot fish. I hope that I am not fishing against a lot of these guys that seem to be ok with this unless the tournament rules specifically state that you can't. This should be common sense by all tournament anglers.

I have no issues with someone leaving boat unless it's for a competitive advantage. What you say is dead on through.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12701499 04/03/18 07:34 PM
G
GoPokes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I've left the boat in almost every tournament to use the bathroom only. Taken plenty of polygraphs in the same event and I've never even once thought it was an issue. If you personally think it's a violation, either don't do it, or simply bring it up during pre polygraph questions and explain yourself. That resolves any issues.

On another note, rumor is that winner of Poche benefit tournament had someone bring them more crankbaits while on a spot. Basically called and had someone go buy more cranks and bring them to the lake then to the spot. Was it against the rules? Not in that tournament. Was it unethical... probably but if it isn't clearly stated what you can do and what you can't...not much you can do but change the rules for the next event.

To me, that's not really any different than refueling at a marina. He had the wherewithal to make a call and get resupplied. Good move IMO. As long as any other contestant had the same opportunity, then no problem.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: fouzman] #12701512 04/03/18 07:41 PM
G
GoPokes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: Barrett
Listed or not getting out of the boat to look at a bed fish during a tournament is cheating.

And lame.

Some would say fishing for bed fish at all is lame and unsportsmanlike. I remember back in the old days hearing about Rick Clunn hiring pilots to fly over lakes before tournaments to get a lay of the structure that just couldn't be done from a boat. No one considered that cheating or unsportsmanlike. How about an elevated pedestal?? Is that cheating, unethical, or just working harder than the other competitors? I think the some other posters nailed it, just add "or to locate bass" to the rule and it's fixed.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: John Peebles] #12701535 04/03/18 07:53 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
The only person that I know of that has done this was also DQ'd from a tournament years ago for failing a Poly and when given the opportunity to clear his name and take another Poly, he has never done so. He is not allowed to fish several trails at all because of this but unfortunately still fishes some tournaments. SO.....if you want to be lumped in with a guy like that and "bend" the rules because it doesn't state it word for word and then defend your actions or the actions of others......it's your integrity and name that is ruined when someone sees you.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: John Peebles] #12701541 04/03/18 07:56 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Bed fishing unsportsmanlike? I guess guys don't realize practically every fish they catch in less than 8ft of water this time of year is a "bed" fish. Guys who refuse to bed fish catch more bed fish than the guys actually looking for them. That's a fact.

As far as unfair advantage, what about the guy with a bullet, 300hp and 4 solix 15's? Doesn't he have an unfair advantage over guys with 200hp and lesser electronics? Some of these arguments are laughable.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12701568 04/03/18 08:12 PM
G
GoPokes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Bed fishing unsportsmanlike? I guess guys don't realize practically every fish they catch in less than 8ft of water this time of year is a "bed" fish. Guys who refuse to bed fish catch more bed fish than the guys actually looking for them. That's a fact.

As far as unfair advantage, what about the guy with a bullet, 300hp and 4 solix 15's? Doesn't he have an unfair advantage over guys with 200hp and lesser electronics? Some of these arguments are laughable.

Hard to tell if you're arguing with me or agreeing, but to the bed fishing statement, I can only speak for myself, but after catching a male bass off a bed on Fork that had practically no mouth left from being caught so many times, I felt very unsportsmanlike. That's different than catching a random bed fish in shallow water during the spring, even if your assertion is true. Not that any of that has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: John Peebles] #12701861 04/03/18 10:56 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Lost in this is how Barbara Long handled it on her trail, immediately. She runs a great trail and just showed it. thumb

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: bigfishtx] #12702217 04/04/18 03:04 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: bigfishtx
Lost in this is how Barbara Long handled it on her trail, immediately. She runs a great trail and just showed it. thumb

I'm still not sure this has anything to do with aq. I didn't see anything on their site and the only real thing I've seen posted is the crank baits getting brought to anglers in a different tournament

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: the skipper] #12702225 04/04/18 03:08 AM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: the skipper

I'm still not sure this has anything to do with aq. I didn't see anything on their site and the only real thing I've seen posted is the crank baits getting brought to anglers in a different tournament

http://www.fishingworld.com/fishing-and-...-win-on-conroe-

I think she posted the same thing on Facebook

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: kellisag] #12702406 04/04/18 11:41 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: kellisag
Originally Posted By: the skipper

http://www.fishingworld.com/fishing-and-...-win-on-conroe-

I think she posted the same thing on Facebook

Thanks.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: John Peebles] #12703236 04/04/18 09:18 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
It is good to see a tournament director address an issue head on instead of trying to hide issues.

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: Fishspanker] #12703699 04/05/18 02:38 AM
D
dk2429 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
There wasn't a rule that covers this specifically. It does say you can't get out of the boat to land a fish. Some tournaments have a specific rule to cover this including off limits period. Your average tournament angler knows this is not allowed. However without a specific rule or the Tournament Director covering it that's going to lead to someone pushing the rule envelope.

Excuse my ignorance please, I've fished bass tournaments, but never heard of an "off limits period." What is that exactly?

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Cheating at Anglers Quest? [Re: dk2429] #12703710 04/05/18 02:46 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: dk2429
Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
There wasn't a rule that covers this specifically. It does say you can't get out of the boat to land a fish. Some tournaments have a specific rule to cover this including off limits period. Your average tournament angler knows this is not allowed. However without a specific rule or the Tournament Director covering it that's going to lead to someone pushing the rule envelope.

Excuse my ignorance please, I've fished bass tournaments, but never heard of an "off limits period." What is that exactly?

The lake has an off limits period leading up to the tourney. Bass champs is from the Monday before the tournament until the tournament, you can't be on tournament waters during that time.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide