Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,947
Posts13,956,234
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Backwater Paddles by YakGear Deliver Unsurpassed Performance and Versatility #12700239 04/02/18 11:31 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler

Backwater Paddles by YakGear Deliver Unsurpassed Performance and Versatility
Kayak paddles' "hook and teeth" design aids pulling and pushing

Backwater Paddles by YakGearTM provide paddlers unsurpassed performance and versatility with its unique design and
feel. Both the Assault Hand Paddle and the Assassin Carbon Fiber Hybrid Paddle provide unique features for controlling
a kayak or canoe.

The Assault Hand Paddle and Assassin Carbon Fiber Hybrid Paddle feature the patented "hook and teeth" blade design. The
hook serves as an extension to grab line, pull closer to a dock, capture decoys and pull down tree limbs when a line is
snagged. The integrated teeth on the blade provide much needed traction when launching from rocky or muddy shores or
pushing off after getting stuck in shallow water. Constructed from ABS-injected nylon, the extra thick Assault and Assassin
paddle blades withstand the roughest treatment.

"Whether fishing or just out for a pleasure cruise, just about every paddler has needed to pull themselves closer to a dock,
another watercraft or snag something floating in the water," said YakGear President Bill Bragman. "The unique design of
the blade gives paddlers unmatched versatility to help in just about any situation."

The Backwater Assault Hand Paddle weighs less than a pound and measures less than 23 inches, making it easy to store
close at hand. The small and durable hand paddle helps make the small adjustments to maintain position when paddling
or fishing in current or wind. The Assault paddles also serves as a backup paddle in emergencies.

Born from the Backwater Assault Hand Paddle, the full-size Assassin Carbon Fiber Hybrid Paddle versatility shines with
its oversized blade allowing for high-angle and low-angle paddling. By equally weighting the carbon fiber shaft with the
blades, the Assassin drops effortlessly in the water and decreases paddling fatigue. The carbon fiber paddles weighs in
at 38 ounces (for the longer version) and are available in two adjustable lengths (230-240 cm and 250-260 cm). A new
Backwater extension will be available in June, giving paddlers an additional 35 cm so they can stand and paddle a kayak
or paddleboard.

Backwater Paddles are exclusively manufactured and distributed by YakGear. For more information about Backwater
Paddles and YakGear products, go online to yakgear.com.

Re: Backwater Paddles by YakGear Deliver Unsurpassed Performance and Versatility [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12700765 04/03/18 12:28 PM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
If you fish from a kayak or canoe, I do both, the Backwater Assault Hand Paddle is an "essential." I use it to make very tiny position adjustments. I also use it by just hanging it over the side as a functioning rudder when I'm pedaling my pedal kayak across long stretches of water. It works as well as operating the rudder lever and keeps me from having to make endless adjustments with the lever.

My hand paddle rides along tucked in a secure place next to my right hip.

Brad

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide