Lee Lays it on the Line and Takes Top Honor

Seaguar Pro Jordan Lee puts total trust in Smackdown, Tatsu and AbrazX and wins second
Bassmaster Classic in a row

New York, NY When the pyrotechnics flared and confetti fell on the stage of the 2018
GEICO Bassmaster Classic presented by DICKS Sporting Goods, it was 26-year-old Seaguar
Pro Jordan Lee standing in the middle of it all with the coveted first-place trophy
hoisted into the air. And, yes, hes the same Jordan Lee that took top honors during this
most popular of tournaments last year.

The third person to ever win sequential Classics, Lees techniques on Lake Hartwell, South
Carolina, March 16 through 18 required lighter line than most anglers would even consider
using around such heavy cover as docks and brush piles. But it was his total trust in
Seaguar fluorocarbon and braid that allowed him to fish with confidence during the three-day
derby.

Most of Lees fish came on only five different baits throughout the tournament, but it was
free-falling Neko-rigged Ocho on the light line that really showed through.

Spooled onto his spinning reels for this method was 30-pound-test Smackdown which has a
diameter of .009 of an inch, and is the same diameter as 8-pound-test monofilament. And it
was 8-pound-test Tatsu fluorocarbon, boasting the same diameter, which Lee used as a leader.

Using that light of line around those docks in kind of scary, Lee told the press. But
I never broke off a fish and I never lost a fish. I just fished clean all week.

Eight-pound-test Tatsu fluorocarbon was also used when Lee was retrieving swimbaits through the
thick of things, while 10-pound Tatsu was his go-to when working jerkbaits back to his boat. It
was only when casting his handmade vibrating jigs that he used line any heftier, and it was
only Seaguars AbrazX 100% fluorocarbon with 2Xs the abrasion resistance in 17-pound test
that he trusted.

Fishing docks is one of Lees favorite techniques on his home waters of Alabama, so the method
boded well with the spotted and largemouth bass that were making their way to the shallow in
preparation for the upcoming spawn.

But pre-fishing didnt go well for him, so he went into the tournament on Day One with no real
game plan.

I didnt go out all week thinking I was going to win this tournament, Lee told Bassmaster
magazine. I just decided I was going to fish the way I wanted to fish. You cant plan on
winning this tournament. Everything just has to fall into place.

Lees Day One weight of 18 pounds 10 ounces was followed up by a 12-pound 2-ounce limit of
spotted bass, which was enough that he could fish Day Three alongside 24 of the other top
competitors. Starting in sixth place during Sundays championship round in, Lee culled to
his five heaviest bass for 16 pounds, 5 ounces and won with a three-day total of 47
pounds 1 ounce. This latest $300,000 prize has now pushed his career earnings with B.A.S.S.
past $1 million mark.

Joining Lee during this years Bassmaster Classic were 8 other Seaguar Pros, including Keith
Combs, Mark Daniels Jr., Mark Davis, James Elam, Brandon Palaniuk, Jesse Wiggins, Cliff Pirch
and Jordans brother Matt Lee. And seven of the nine pros proudly sporting the Seaguar logo
on their jerseys made it to the last day of the top 25. Thats an amazing 36% of the final
field.

Some may say such a win at the Classic boils down to sheer luck, but Lees proven he possess
a little something extra by winning two in a row. Hes earned and deserves every bit of
respect and adoration his fans, competitors and sponsors give him. Seaguar is proud to
support Jordan Lee as well some of the finest anglers on the water, and congratulates them
all.