facebook
Forum Stats
109167 Members
60 Forums
825064 Topics
11972000 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#12689158 - 03/25/18 10:02 PM Terrova with Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI Transducer - Question
TexasFRED Offline
Green Horn

Loc: NORTH TEXAS
I have a Terrova with iPilot and I just bought a Helix 9 MEGA SI to mount on it up front. Was wondering if it is possible to run the transducer cable through the tube (like this guy did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G54WQVtErZ0 ) or if I have to buy these aluminum mounts (like this guy did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEDgrWDPOw ) because the cable is shaped like a spring???

Anyone have any experience with this?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

-Fred

Forever humbled by little green fish.

#12689219 - 03/26/18 02:07 AM Re: Terrova with Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI Transducer - Question [Re: TexasFRED]
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Arlington
I ran my cable thru the slot like your first video when I had a terrova. If you have a thick cable on the mega then it probably won't fit inside the slot. You should be able to push the cable into the slot and see if it fits without having to take the trolling motor apart. It has to fit inside the slot and not be thicker than the slot. If it sticks out of the slot then it probably won't work and you will need something like in your second video.

#12689616 - 03/26/18 10:32 AM Re: Terrova with Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI Transducer - Question [Re: TexasFRED]
TexasFRED Offline
Green Horn

Loc: NORTH TEXAS
Yeah the pictures online make the cable look like itís straight, rather than coiled (and possibly a lot thicker). I havenít received the humminbird yet though, itís still in the mail - so I was just trying to see what kinda beast Iím up against heheh hmmm

I would really prefer to get it routed through the tube and secured with stainless tie wraps or something like you were saying. Much cleaner look and less likely to catch on buckbrush, stumps, rocks, etc.

Thanks for the reply buddy! thumb

Forever humbled by little green fish.

#12691455 - 03/27/18 11:55 AM Re: Terrova with Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI Transducer - Question [Re: TexasFRED]
Wayne P. Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Charlottesville, Va
Originally Posted By: TexasFRED
Yeah the pictures online make the cable look like itís straight, rather than coiled (and possibly a lot thicker). I havenít received the humminbird yet though, itís still in the mail - so I was just trying to see what kinda beast Iím up against heheh hmmm

I would really prefer to get it routed through the tube and secured with stainless tie wraps or something like you were saying. Much cleaner look and less likely to catch on buckbrush, stumps, rocks, etc.

No you cannot do that with the MEGA SI transducer cable. It has an extra conductor for the DI circuit and is a larger diameter than the HDSI transducer.

#12692002 - 03/27/18 05:44 PM Re: Terrova with Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI Transducer - Question [Re: Wayne P.]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Grandview, TX
Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Originally Posted By: TexasFRED

No you cannot do that with the MEGA SI transducer cable. It has an extra conductor for the DI circuit and is a larger diameter than the HDSI transducer.

Sounds like you are SOL then, Wayne is an expert on the subject...BTW, Wayne..I got the 360 up and running on the Terronova! And, Wayne, thanks again for everything!

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide