So far, I have fished Millers Creek Reservoir 3 times this year and basically took a butt-whooping from the wipers & sandies. RespecttheFIsh Clay mentioned that they are not in the usual haunts on Fort Phantom Hill also. Last 2 times I went to MC, I found unusually large schools (about 400 yards long) stacked up in the main creek channel above mid-lake and the water intake tower. As weekender luck would have it, both days I fished were bluebird days after very strong cold fronts, so I knew going out that it would be tough. Thing about Millers Creek is the amount of standing timber in the upper end. If you are going to go up the channel, you'd better have good GPS and take your time, because the water level is falling and a lot of those trees are now just barely below the surface. Anyways, I took some screenshots showing the fish stacked up from bottom to about 20 feet and will see if I can post them on this thread:

Couldn't get em to hit bottom bumping crankbaits, Sassy shad, slabs, or A-rig. Didn't have live bait; in fact I only saw 2 or 3 baitballs all day. Oh well, spring is here and they gotta come back out of the timber & creek sometime.

Last edited by Springcrik; 03/25/18 10:24 PM.

Lund Tyee Magnum 1950, Optimax200, Honda 10 kicker, Lowrance HDS7, Cannon DigiTroll IV, Cannon Mag20, Big Jon side planers. Chasin' wipers & stripers.