Print Thread
Retired gift.. #12679542 03/19/18 03:33 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J

I retire in ten days, can't wait, I don't need this yet, but that's the coolest I've seen.. fish

Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12679577 03/19/18 03:50 PM
D
Dan_n_Texas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Nice, but they forgot the trolling motor.

On average, your heart beats 100,000 times a day. One day, one of those heartbeats will be your last. Then what?

The answer is found in Jesus Christ who said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Re: Retired gift.. [Re: Dan_n_Texas] #12679693 03/19/18 04:53 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Dan_n_Texas
Nice, but they forgot the trolling motor.
and a helix 12

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12679968 03/19/18 07:26 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Enjoy the retirement Jim. Been retired for over 12 yrs and haven't been bored a single day.
Nice to be able to go when the weather is good and not having to fight the crowds. cheers fish

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12680103 03/19/18 08:34 PM
Glenn54 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Congrats on the retirement. I retired about a year ago. Glad you don't need that walker yet but a lot of us old guys would envy you for sure.

Glenn
Re: Retired gift.. [Re: Ken Gaby] #12680240 03/19/18 09:48 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Enjoy the retirement Jim. Been retired for over 12 yrs and haven't been bored a single day.
Nice to be able to go when the weather is good and not having to fight the crowds. cheers fish

I've been a weekender for 10 years, I cussed Mondays forever, that's when the wind dies down and the sun comes out..
now I'll be right there waiting for those days pretty Mondays More than anything I want to be able to spend more time on the water doing 'recon'...when ya only got a couple days all you do is fish,..I want to spend the whole day if I want just looking around,...graphing, searching,..potlicking,... hehehe.... fish

Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12680714 03/20/18 03:35 AM
B
BrazosRiverTom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.

I've been a weekender for 10 years, I cussed Mondays forever, that's when the wind dies down and the sun comes out..
now I'll be right there waiting for those days pretty Mondays More than anything I want to be able to spend more time on the water doing 'recon'...when ya only got a couple days all you do is fish,..I want to spend the whole day if I want just looking around,...graphing, searching,..potlicking,... hehehe.... fish

Yep the wind sure died down on this Monday rolleyes

Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12680806 03/20/18 10:25 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.

Congratulations sir, on a job well done! rock

You will learn to focus onTuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday...Ok, Monday evening and Friday morning, as well. Anytime the wind is bad or the weather is not right, focus on family matters and household chores. Then when conditions are decent/good PROUDLY announce that fact, as quick as you can ascertain it, from the weather channels, then casually mention it is time to go see how the fish are biting...ready for some fresh crappie...then just work on a mess to bring home...if you keep more than that, make sure it is for a good cause...dont want to hear the dreaded we got plenty of fish in the freezer comment...without having a counter...still gathering up for the church social or some such cause...

Personally, I got out of the rat race early because it conflicted with my hunting/fishing, and well because I could (against the advice of attorneys, bankers, insurerers, friends) I cant recall all the times I anguished over three or four weeks a year annual leave , taken mostly for family matters. Probably wont truly retire until my wife does, but I make plenty of time for fishing mostly during the week and/or night time...in short, I manage to work hunting/fishing into and around my business interests, which gives me plenty of time on the water and in the field, more than most, but not as much as someone who makes a living from either hunting/fishing. The one thing that is hard to master is keeping all the projects/chores done, boat/gear ready, and family happy...as it is an evolving process...good luck and may peace be with you!

Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12680883 03/20/18 12:37 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Congratulations on retiring. I did it a 3 years ago and never looked back. You will need to build a new daily schedule now....here's mine:
A. Enjoy morning coffee
B. Hook up boat and go fishing
C. Have lunch
D. Take a nap
E. Get up and clean fish
F. Eat supper
G. Go to bed

REPEAT AS NEEDED! thumb

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Retired gift.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12681140 03/20/18 03:02 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
At the big celebration in Houston honoring Bum Phillips a couple yrs ago, reporter asked Bum, now that you're away from football and on the ranch, what are you doing these days?
Bum; nothing, and I don't start that till after lunch. roflmao

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide