texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,764
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Cass Caldwell] #12679787 03/19/18 05:39 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Cass Caldwell
Texas wasn't the problem, having it in the city of Houston was the problem. You're average bass fisherman hasn't no interest in going into a MAJOR city like Houston and dealing with the craziness and traffic. I'm in Shreveport/Bossier and the location/traffic is what kept me away from the Houston Classic.

If it was ever in the right location in Texas, it would blow the attendance records away.

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: Reshelman
I vote Lavon. Meets all criteria, except good bass fishing.

Just need something to light a fire under some COE butt to get the ramps functional

I doubt Texas gets another Classic anytime soon. We talk loud then fail to support these big events.

They need a large city to pay for it. They won't come back to DFW for an elite level event because fans don't support it. I don't know the numbers but I'd bet TTBC Ray Roberts and Bassfest Texoma are among the worst for attendance numbers.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Ken A.] #12679850 03/19/18 06:11 PM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
Another vote for Clearlake or the CA Delta.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: mikereils5er] #12679879 03/19/18 06:30 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: mikereils5er
I would love to see the classic on Clear Lake or the California Delta. But i feel like they lose so much money when they have them out there, good as fishing as anywhere in the country but so much money to actually have them there.

No where close by to hold the weigh in, not many lakeside accommodations etc. Plus getting in and out of there through the mountains is no joke.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Ken A.] #12679899 03/19/18 06:42 PM
S
Stogie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I dont know if it was the music or the low lighting. But it did not seems like a very excited crowd during weigh-in and with the low lighting could not tell how full the venue was.

The difference between men & boys is the price of their toys.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Ken A.] #12679901 03/19/18 06:44 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Lavon would be a god lake to host the classic

#MFGA
Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Ken A.] #12679924 03/19/18 07:02 PM
rj74955 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
California is a logistical nightmare for everyone but the very few fishermen that live there and fish B.A,S.S.
It's just not monetarily feasible to send the fishermen, support groups and service yard people all the way out there for 1 tournament. It's not just 52 anglers that make up a classic, it's hundreds if not thousands. The elites are a traveling circus, that's why they start out in Florida and work their way north every year, the weather being one reason and the travel distance being another. A lot of these guys and the support people are literally away from home for months at a time, living in motels. That's why the California guys always end up moving to Alabama , Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or other more centrally located states. It gives them a few more days of sleeping in their own bed per year. Plus the fact that California pretty much has every tree/fish hugger in the country.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: rj74955] #12679934 03/19/18 07:06 PM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: rj74955
California is a logistical nightmare for everyone but the very few fishermen that live there and fish B.A,S.S.
It's just not monetarily feasible to send the fishermen, support groups and service yard people all the way out there for 1 tournament. It's not just 52 anglers that make up a classic, it's hundreds if not thousands. The elites are a traveling circus, that's why they start out in Florida and work their way north every year, the weather being one reason and the travel distance being another. A lot of these guys and the support people are literally away from home for months at a time, living in motels. That's why the California guys always end up moving to Alabama , Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or other more centrally located states. It gives them a few more days of sleeping in their own bed per year. Plus the fact that California pretty much has every tree/fish hugger in the country.

Can't disagree with anything in this post...I was just a wishing and hoping!

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Ken A.] #12679958 03/19/18 07:22 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Guntersville and Lee 3-peats?? confused

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Ken A.] #12679975 03/19/18 07:30 PM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I live in NC and this was my 22nd Classic. It was by far the busiest I have ever been to. Got to talk to Hank Parker on Saturday and he said the same. 2020 will be the 50th anniversary so I would be in shock if wasn't in Alabama that year. Had a good conversation with Gary Dobyns about a Texas Classic. Have it on Fork with the Expo and other activities in DFW area. Do the fishing on a MLF type of weigh and release. That way it would not break any slot rules. Instead of having fish to weigh just run video from that anglers Go Pro for that day as they cross the stage. But it has never been about the size of fish that determines location. To me I would like to see Nashville give it a shot one time

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Cass Caldwell] #12680156 03/19/18 08:57 PM
W
Will.i.am Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Texas wasn't the problem, having it in the city of Houston was the problem. You're average bass fisherman hasn't no interest in going into a MAJOR city like Houston and dealing with the craziness and traffic. I'm in Shreveport/Bossier and the location/traffic is what kept me away from the Houston Classic.

If it was ever in the right location in Texas, it would blow the attendance records away.

Just need something to light a fire under some COE butt to get the ramps functional

I doubt Texas gets another Classic anytime soon. We talk loud then fail to support these big events.

Traffic wasnt bad at all we drove in from San Antonio just think Houston is more of a saltwater city than bass fishing.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Monty Wright] #12680193 03/19/18 09:17 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Monty Wright
I would like to see it in Vegas on Lake Mead. That's a destination that I would probably fly to and the wife would tag along. I wouldn't mind seeing a California Classic either. I'm thinking the next one will be in Alabama

I'm betting the 50th may be at Mead. Buy your tickets now.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: BMCD] #12680197 03/19/18 09:21 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: BMCD
I would like to see it in Vegas on Lake Mead. That's a destination that I would probably fly to and the wife would tag along. I wouldn't mind seeing a California Classic either. I'm thinking the next one will be in Alabama

This!!

#MFGA
Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: adam_p] #12680294 03/19/18 10:37 PM
C
Cass Caldwell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I understand that, but doesn't have to be Houston big. Greenville, SC only has a population of 67,000.

Originally Posted By: adam_p

They need a large city to pay for it. They won't come back to DFW for an elite level event because fans don't support it. I don't know the numbers but I'd bet TTBC Ray Roberts and Bassfest Texoma are among the worst for attendance numbers.

Owner, ShredFin Fishing Co.
Veteran Owned

[Linked Image]
Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: Stogie] #12680339 03/19/18 11:06 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Stogie
I dont know if it was the music or the low lighting. But it did not seems like a very excited crowd during weigh-in and with the low lighting could not tell how full the venue was.

That's what the smoke was for was to dim the lighting so the cameras couldn't pick up on the attendance. Looked like it was pretty much a lower level seating arrangement for the most part. Not sure if the second level was open or not. Looked like a better turn out than Conroe though. I thought the Conroe weigh in crowd was pathetic if not down right embarrassing. I think holding weigh in at the ballpark dwarfed the event and doubt they will do that again.

Re: Classic Site Choices? [Re: BMCD] #12680346 03/19/18 11:07 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: BMCD

Make them fish out of 50 year old vintage Rangers too! clap

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide