10023927 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12677953 - 03/18/18 08:57 AM Caddo question
bush hog Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Beckville, TX
Caddo fishermen.... would I do better to put in at the state park and fish the river or put in at Johnsons? Don't know much about Caddo but it's supposed to be windy next couple days and thought Caddo would be a good option for crappie. Any help would be appreciated.

#12677976 - 03/18/18 09:20 AM Re: Caddo question [Re: bush hog]
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Longview
Put in at Johnsonís or shady glade for sure. Itís way closer to most of the lake than the state park and youíll have to do less driving. Launch is 5$. Caddo is always a good option in the wind as thereís always somewhere to get out of the wind.

#12678370 - 03/18/18 04:57 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: CrappieXpress]
Buzzard Breath Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: 32ÔŅĹ42.136‚Ä≤N 97ÔŅĹ6.772‚Ä≤W
Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Put in at Johnsonís or shady glade for sure. Itís way closer to most of the lake than the state park and youíll have to do less driving. Launch is 5$. Caddo is always a good option in the wind as thereís always somewhere to get out of the wind.

This

Originally Posted By: Cast
Cutting torch the nuts.

#12678540 - 03/18/18 06:55 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: bush hog]
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Longview, Tx
I haven't been to Caddo since I got my CC boat. I remember there being a low bridge between the state park and the main lake. If I launch at Johnson's will I avoid the low bridge? My T-Top is great for shade in the summer, but not great for all bridges.

#12678735 - 03/18/18 08:31 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: Txmedic033]
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I haven't been to Caddo since I got my CC boat. I remember there being a low bridge between the state park and the main lake. If I launch at Johnson's will I avoid the low bridge? My T-Top is great for shade in the summer, but not great for all bridges.

I believe you are referring to the old wooden bridge between Johnsonís and the state park on the river channel. You should be good to go if you launch at Johnsonís. I donít think youíd have any problems getting under it even if you wanted to go under it as itís fairly high off the water.

#12679031 - 03/19/18 12:16 AM Re: Caddo question [Re: bush hog]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Grandview, TX
Originally Posted By: bush hog
Caddo fishermen.... would I do better to put in at the state park and fish the river or put in at Johnsons? Don't know much about Caddo but it's supposed to be windy next couple days and thought Caddo would be a good option for crappie. Any help would be appreciated.

Bush hog...this is so wrong on so many levels...Troy, did your phone ring? hmmm Mine didnít either...could you please explain why he didnít invite us to go? Seriously, my phone never rang... stir popcorn2

#12679253 - 03/19/18 08:11 AM Re: Caddo question [Re: crapicat]
bush hog Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Beckville, TX
Originally Posted By: crapicat

Bush hog...this is so wrong on so many levels...Troy, did your phone ring? hmmm Mine didnít either...could you please explain why he didnít invite us to go? Seriously, my phone never rang... stir popcorn2

Sorry, my dog ate my phone. nannyboo Doesn't look like I'm going to make it over there this week anyway. hammer

#12679278 - 03/19/18 08:26 AM Re: Caddo question [Re: crapicat]
TroyKing Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Carthage Tx

what makes you think he didn't call me?...he is my mentor, friend, and yoga instructor....plus he buys all the minners...you must stink or something. loco

Edited by TroyKing (03/19/18 09:56 AM)
The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?

#12680457 - 03/19/18 07:30 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: TroyKing]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

what makes you think he didn't call me?...he is my mentor, friend, and yoga instructor....plus he buys all the minners...you must stink or something. loco

Ohhh, I get it...itís because I would complain about menners on the boat...well , that and I would probably catching fish faster without the need to chase them menners around the bucket!...SO, now I know why MY phone didnt ring...I think I would rather follow crappieexpress around anyway...cause he is PROVIDING INFORMATION...just saying, gonna have to follow the caddo lead dog... woot roflmao

#12680468 - 03/19/18 07:36 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: crapicat]
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Ohhh, I get it...itís because I would complain about menners on the boat...well , that and I would probably catching fish faster without the need to chase them menners around the bucket!...SO, now I know why MY phone didnt ring...I think I would rather follow crappieexpress around anyway...cause he is PROVIDING INFORMATION...just saying, gonna have to follow the caddo lead dog... woot roflmao

Ohhh man this is getting good!!! Looking forward to the lake x get together..... I just hope bush hog leaves us a few to make the day interesting.

#12680511 - 03/19/18 08:04 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: CrappieXpress]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Ole bush hog threw us a diversion on the other thread...gave us a link to all those BASS attractors on that lake...Iím guessing he is gonna show up on one first rattle out of the box and slink off towards the bathrooms, only to disappear to his BIG CRAPPIE holes after everyone else has started working those BASS attractors..that bush hog is a sly one... stir bolt

#12680517 - 03/19/18 08:09 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: crapicat]
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman

Ole bush hog threw us a diversion on the other thread...gave us a link to all those BASS attractors on that lake...Iím guessing he is gonna show up on one first rattle out of the box and slink off towards the bathrooms, only to disappear to his BIG CRAPPIE holes after everyone else has started working those BASS attractors..that bush hog is a sly one... stir bolt

Iíve got a few tricks up my sleeve for ole lake X I just hope they produce like usual. Should be a good time nonetheless!

#12680576 - 03/19/18 08:41 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: crapicat]
TroyKing Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Carthage Tx
dainget boy!!! He is most definitely a master of subterfuge and diversionary tactics.
The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?

#12680589 - 03/19/18 08:49 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: bush hog]
Pintail711 Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Longview, Tx
Iíd put in at Crips

#12680634 - 03/19/18 09:18 PM Re: Caddo question [Re: TroyKing]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Yea, I know...but the real kicker is that, just that when you look at him, he just sits there hardly ever moving all the while looking so innocent ...I mean you would never suspect him of a thing...??? Whatís up with that?..

king

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide