There are some extremes that I do to get my baits ready to fish the next day.
- I want the bait leaving a trail of scent when fished.
- I use plastic bags to enclose my Spook, Crankbait and Spinnerbait over night. The lure is tied on the rod ready to fish. Dose the bait inside the bag then seal the bag closed and attached to the rod handle with a wide rubber band. Save the bag to continue to dose the bait during the fishing time. I purchase 4 mil. bags for this.
- The fastest way is to apply it by hand when the bait needs it about every hour then use hand sanitizer. Keeping a hand towel attached to the pole seat helps with this.
When you use Pure Extracts it will not break your plastics down. I have bags of baits hanging in the shop that are 20 years old all dosed and they get more when needed. Pure Extracts also works really well if you are having someone to hand pour your plastics. Again with no additives it will be much easier to use in hand pours to get that combination right.
Living Rubber skirts is a different ball game. I want them to last for the life of the jig or spinner bait. This takes some effort.
- After fishing all day and applying scent all day long it is more than the living rubber will tolerate.
- Living Rubber will become gummy if not taken care of.
- I remove the trailer which is a different kind of rubber so there is no reaction at the end of each day.
- When the fishing trip is over wash the bait in Dawn Dish Soap then rinse in warm water.
- Let the bait air dry completely.
- Apply Baby Power and store away in air tight binder, keeping the bait away from all other silicone and plastic baits.
- Next fishing trip tie it on, rinse off the Baby Power and apply the scent again leaving it in the bag over night. Dose it often during your fishing day.
- Living Rubber absorbs the scent. Silicone skirts does not and scent has to be applied more often.
- Make sure your favorite baits have hand died skirts so the rubber skirt ring does not fail. That rubber does not like continued use of scent, sun and just general over time use. Those rings deteriorate quickly.
Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success. www.eletewater.com
- Staying Hydratedwww.lakeoviachic.com
- Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic