Forums59
Topics1,041,386
Posts13,999,470
Members144,256
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #12652223 02/28/18 11:38 PM
M
mouldybits Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted By: eagle 2
Originally Posted By: chickenman
Depending on the state, pretty easy if you can pass the The National Instant Criminal Background Check.

If you are an American citizen, can lawfully own a firearm, and choose to purchase from an individual vs a dealer, a private sale is pretty fast.

You do not have to be a citizen, you can hold a Resident Alien card and that would qualify you as well for retail purchases, covered on question 12 d and 18 c on the 4473, as a tourist you may be limited.

There's nothing stopping a tourist from shooting a gun, right? Like if Mouldy were to visit the states, and he ended up hanging out a chickenman's house, Mouldy could go outside and shoot one of the guns and be all legal, right?

All ears..

Warm beer ain't so bad..
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652228 02/28/18 11:42 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted By: mouldybits
Ok so check this..I can't legally own a hand gun, I can however legally own a shotgun and some certain rifles (for hunting purposes and pest control only).. Mr bad guy comes along and manages to break into my house whilst my wife and kids are sleeping...I hit him with a rolling pin (that's all I have to hand for example) and I go to jail for harming the poor chap...you guys would shoot him right??or at least hold him with your firearm till the cops got there?

Yep. Its called the castle doctrine.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652230 02/28/18 11:42 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Ok so check this..I can't legally own a hand gun, I can however legally own a shotgun and some certain rifles (for hunting purposes and pest control only).. Mr bad guy comes along and manages to break into my house whilst my wife and kids are sleeping...I hit him with a rolling pin (that's all I have to hand for example) and I go to jail for harming the poor chap...you guys would shoot him right??or at least hold him with your firearm till the cops got there?

Here in Texas, you can shoot and kill a poor chap for breaking into your truck after dark legally.

[Linked Image]
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652237 02/28/18 11:45 PM
M
mouldybits Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Mr bad guy gets off cos he was badly done to and does it again, I get put behind bars for beating him and thanks to my boyish good looks, I ain't ever picked up so much soap in my life

Warm beer ain't so bad..
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: Chris B] #12652239 02/28/18 11:46 PM
M
mouldybits Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: Chris B

Here in Texas, you can shoot and kill a poor chap for breaking into your truck after dark legally.

Really?

Warm beer ain't so bad..
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: eagle 2] #12652240 02/28/18 11:46 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Depending on the state, pretty easy if you can pass the The National Instant Criminal Background Check.

If you are an American citizen, can lawfully own a firearm, and choose to purchase from an individual vs a dealer, a private sale is pretty fast.

You do not have to be a citizen, you can hold a Resident Alien card and that would qualify you as well for retail purchases, covered on question 12 d and 18 c on the 4473, as a tourist you may be limited.

As a tourist you just use your I-94 # which you can get electronically from USCIS once you enter the USA. Should allow you to purchase a firearm since you are legally in the USA.

I assume an Resident Alien Card is Greencard.

Texas also doesn't require you to be US Citizen to get a LTC, you can be Greencard holder.

Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652241 02/28/18 11:46 PM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Mr bad guy comes along and manages to break into my house whilst my wife and kids are sleeping... you guys would shoot him right??or at least hold him with your firearm till the cops got there?

yeah we'd spray his brains all over the walls

Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652246 02/28/18 11:49 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I

If I could clearly see an intruder doesn't have a gun I hope I wouldn't fatally wound him ... but I would probably still shoot the stupid sob for breaking into my home.
My house is my castle....
Castle doctrine.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: Ted Martin] #12652249 02/28/18 11:51 PM
M
mouldybits Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
you guys would shoot him right??or at least hold him with your firearm till the cops got there?

yeah we'd spray his brains all over the walls

Just askin duel our TV don't show it too clear how you guys would stand in that situation

Warm beer ain't so bad..
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: Icepick] #12652253 02/28/18 11:53 PM
M
mouldybits Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: Icepick

If I could clearly see an intruder doesn't have a gun I hope I wouldn't fatally wound him ... but I would probably still shoot the stupid sob for breaking into my home.
Castle doctrine.

This is what I was getting at, so you would get away with just shooting him(not killing)?

Warm beer ain't so bad..
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652259 02/28/18 11:54 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Mr bad guy gets off cos he was badly done to and does it again, I get put behind bars for beating him and thanks to my boyish good looks, I ain't ever picked up so much soap in my life

Yeah, thats pathetic

Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: TexDawg] #12652262 02/28/18 11:56 PM
M
mouldybits Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: TexDawg

Yeah, thats pathetic

No wonder you're pa left for America thumb

Warm beer ain't so bad..
Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652265 02/28/18 11:58 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

There's nothing stopping a tourist from shooting a gun, right? Like if Mouldy were to visit the states, and he ended up hanging out a chickenman's house, Mouldy could go outside and shoot one of the guns and be all legal, right?

All ears..

Let's put it this way...

Come on over here to Seguin, TX, USmf'inA, I will take you to the gun range, we will shoot guns until your mama calls you home for dinner (its dinner, not supper, by the way). Nobody that works at the range is going to care at all where you're from, nor will they ask for any identification. The cops are highly unlikely to come busting the place open on a raid, and I don't reckon we will stop a cop on our way out of there to tell them that you're from the losing team.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652266 02/28/18 11:59 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
And thats what were fighting about. Not just the right, but the responsibility to protect yourself and your family. Half of the population believes your way is right. Just rely on the police in case of bad guys.

Re: If I wanted to get my hands on a handgun say.... [Re: mouldybits] #12652271 03/01/18 12:01 AM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted By: Icepick

Castle doctrine.

This is what I was getting at, so you would get away with just shooting him(not killing)?

If the intruder was INSIDE my home I would "get away" with shooting (and fatally wounding) the subject.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide