Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Boyd's One Stop's New Facility.... #12651169 02/28/18 03:14 PM
V-Bottom Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
During my trips to the Tx City Dike, I always wondered what the construction work behind Boyd's was all about. Looks like Jason Cogburn, the owner, has big plans for that 12 acre's behind his bait camp. Being a Big wholesale seafood and crawfish dealer in Texas, he has plans on expanding his Processing Facility to the 32,00 sq.ft building being built behind the bait camp. Its been too wet to pour concrete but says the place should be built in about a month. Not only a processing facility will be built, there will be a gas station, and restaurant !! He has the Cajun Grill there now. Boyd's delivers seafood to 82 HEB's and more than 70 restaurants state wide. I'm sure the live bait facility will be upgraded also. I sure hope he will carry ETHANOL FREE gas. I hope to talk with him soon..maybe he'll give me a hint. The crawfish supply was hard hit this year with the flooding and hard freezes. The mud bugs dug way down in the mud to escape the cold and catching wasn't very good this year. Boyd's has all your live bait needs and well as fresh dead, tackle,cold drinks,(less beer), and an assortment of seafood on ice. 409-945-4001 is their #.
BTW....This weekend the City of Tx Cyt will be charging a fee to enter the Dike..Fri-Sun. $5 per car This is for OUT-Of-TOWNERS ONLY. Tx City residents will have special sticker applied to their windshield...they get on FREE. Ever since Hurricane IKE hit and wiped out everything on the Dike, the city has done a fantastic job with the repairs to the road,beaches,all boat ramps and small piers on the North side of the road. There are NO bait camps on the dike anymore. beware of Warning signs along the length of the dike as the Shipping Lanes are very close and these ships cause water to get sucked out and rushes back in. Swimmers and boaters take heed win ships are near.Trash cans are all over the place so please don't trash the area. No glass bottles allowed out there. There are new cleaning stations,a new First Ladies Pavilion, rest areas with benches and table for a BBQ. The speed limit is 25 mph and the Police do run radars. You swimmers and waders..wear your PFD's. Be safe, have fun, and remember to Take a Kid Fishing. ed

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Boyd's One Stop's New Facility.... [Re: V-Bottom] #12651475 02/28/18 05:42 PM
S
Skavatar Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Thanks, good to know. Boyd's is good.

I used to buy the annual pass on the pier. But since Ike i've only fished the dike a few times.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide