Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631327 02/16/18 05:38 PM
B
bigtexnick Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
We live in a country where the disparity in wealth and resources is so stark, we have a uber-rich guy who uses extra wealth to shoot a sports car into space while a few days later a young kid shoots and kills 17 innocent people. All while we all know that had the money been used to help the mental health of this kid, it wouldn't have never happened.

--Nick smirk
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631333 02/16/18 05:41 PM
H
HasBen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
Its not that the Australia confiscation did not have an effect, it is the scale. Australia confiscated about 650,000 guns or about 25% of the estimated guns in the country. The USA has approximately 310 million guns, plus or minus 50 million. Run the numbers and tell yourself the government can get this done. Dream on.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631336 02/16/18 05:42 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Mexico would start bringing in guns.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: butch sanders] #12631340 02/16/18 05:44 PM
S
Samsonsworld Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: butch sanders
Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05
Originally Posted By: Samsonsworld
Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05

It worked well in Australia.

I guess that depends on your source. At the very least, it's debatable.

Debate away. No mass shootings since 1996, with "mass shooting" defined as 5+ victims.

hard to argue with that

None, huh?

Hunt family murders, September 2014, Lockhart, New South Wales, 5 dead, a Mass shooting and Familicide by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself.

https://mises.org/blog/gun-control-fails-what-happened-england-ireland-and-canada

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: bigtexnick] #12631341 02/16/18 05:44 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: bigtexnick
We live in a country where the disparity in wealth and resources is so stark, we have a uber-rich guy who uses extra wealth to shoot a sports car into space while a few days later a young kid shoots and kills 17 innocent people. All while we all know that had the money been used to help the mental health of this kid, it wouldn't have never happened.

Idk, the kid in aledo that shot his mom and sister came from a comfortable family, the Columbine kids were not broke, some of shooters in college shootings weren't broke, the Vegas guy wasn't broke. The sandy hook shooter didn't cone from poor family. You can't help those that don't wanna be helped.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: WAWI] #12641943 02/22/18 11:00 PM
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: WAWI

Idk, the kid in aledo that shot his mom and sister came from a comfortable family, the Columbine kids were not broke, some of shooters in college shootings weren't broke, the Vegas guy wasn't broke. The sandy hook shooter didn't cone from poor family. You can't help those that don't wanna be helped.

I saw where the shooter has 800k in the bank that his host wants to control. I don't think money was an issue.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonroofingdfw.com
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: jcarring99] #12641959 02/22/18 11:10 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted By: jcarring99
Originally Posted By: WAWI

I saw where the shooter has 800k in the bank that his host wants to control. I don't think money was an issue.

So...a thread that died 6 days ago. rolleyes

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: bigtexnick] #12642020 02/22/18 11:42 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R

Maybe uber rich dude should donate to your mental health.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: bigtexnick] #12642035 02/22/18 11:59 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

He had plenty of money.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Samsonsworld] #12642086 02/23/18 12:39 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Joefishin
Originally Posted By: soggybottom
When they were talking about a ban a few years back, the mini-14 never made the list. Guess it wasn't black or scary enough? I agree though. If you take one weapon, they'll just find another...even if it comes down to shotguns, bombs or machetes.
so lets just do an experiment that is working for the entire globe and JUST ban these certain weapons and see if things improve.
Once the genie is out of the bag there is no putting it back in. Can you guarantee me 100% that these mass killings will go away when you take away every semi automatic rifle?

Because what's next? If these mass killings keep happening now with pipe bombs, car bombs, a backpack full of pistols etc....... No what?

Now I've just given up all my Rifles and it didn't change anything, do I get my rifles back? You know as well as I do Congress will never go back and allow them.l

That's the point many are making, you can't 100% guarantee me it's only an 'assault rifle' problem and not a uniquely American Mental Health or Society issue.

Arson seems to be popular in Australia.

So are drive-by chokings

[Linked Image]

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12642096 02/23/18 12:47 AM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12642199 02/23/18 01:43 AM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
I detest lobbying in all forms. I have a friend who was a D.C. lobbyist, and he will admit he was nothing but a bag man. If the congressman voted in favor of his lobbying group's interests, he would take a check cut from the company's PAC to the dude. That's how it works. He estimates there are at least 2500 lobbyists in D.C. representing everything with some money. The NRA is one of the most powerful lobbying groups in Washington. They need to be reined in. Defending the 2A is one thing, but doing it at the expense of senseless deaths is another. There is a thing called common sense.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: bigtexnick] #12642226 02/23/18 01:58 AM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P

Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever read on this forum. Really dude, really?

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: bigtexnick] #12642233 02/23/18 02:02 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Emit R Detsaw
Why is this only a problem in America? Is America the only country with public school system that is mostly open? Nope. Is America the only country with mental health issues? Nope. Is America the only country with guns? Nope. Is America the only country with bullies or loaners? Nope. Why is this only a problem in America?

Because nowhere else has the truly awful, soul-sucking, soul-killing capitalist system that America does. It alienates people into those classes and groups, divides underlying psychology of the masses, and results in needless violence. In many ways, shootings are deeper crying out for release from this terrible rat race that millions of us are stuck in and cannot escape from.

You always here this kind of stuff from the loser water boy, you never here this kind of stuff from the Prom King or Queen. You don't like it move to Russia or China. The real men get out and build companies they don't sit around and cry on a forum post about how they can not get ahead that's what losers do. I bet the loser killer was always complaining about not getting his chance or how people where picking on him or he didn't get his promotion. oh know he had money from is parents about 800,000, so I am guessing he wasn't trying to go to a nation where everyone makes the same.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Pintail711] #12642235 02/23/18 02:04 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Pintail711

Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever read on this forum. Really dude, really?

yep he was the water boy and still complaining. LOL

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide