TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822
Originally Posted By: butch sanders
Originally Posted By: Samsonsworld
Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher�
schools needed metal detectors and full time security at all schools and armed teachers and staff!

I agree with this. And security should have AR's, not just a pistol. And schools should have limited entrances with security at each one.

yes

100%

Newer schools being built are way more efficient on the entrance/exit problem. The older buildings need some "remodeling" for lack of a better word. That bond money that goes to athletics would be better spent on upping security measures in school districts....but it wont happen until something bad happens

How many bad things need to happen?

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631016 02/16/18 03:20 PM
aquaholic1822 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I worded that poorly...Change wont happen for a particular district until something happens to that district

Just my opinion

[Linked Image]
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: butch sanders] #12631018 02/16/18 03:20 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
U
schools needed metal detectors and full time security at all schools and armed teachers and staff!

I agree with this. And security should have AR's, not just a pistol. And schools should have limited entrances with security at each one.

yes

They should also look into the size and design of school facilities. Most rooms have one door... one way in one way out. Which feeds into a long hallway with exits to far apart. All these people fleeing in concentrated areas. Makes for easy targets. Also reduce the size of these campuses. My wife is one of 4 , 5th grade math teachers at her school. Each teacher has 100 + students. that's 400-500 5th graders. there is 4 grades on her campus. An average of 2000 kids concentrated in one area. Off the top of my head there are 7 exits. There is armed staff on campus. But in a panic could a couple of people get there in time?

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: aquaholic1822] #12631019 02/16/18 03:20 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822

yes

100%

Newer schools being built are way more efficient on the entrance/exit problem. The older buildings need some "remodeling" for lack of a better word. That bond money that goes to athletics would be better spent on upping security measures in school districts....but it wont happen until something bad happens

It isn't that difficult to retrofit an existing door with a mag lock, or pull an entire door frame, install a reinforced jamb, mag lock, and safety glass. Samesies with windows. It just takes $$, which I've never seen an elected official not want to spend as much as possible. For the kids, you know?

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Jpurdue] #12631022 02/16/18 03:22 PM
D
Dabaker421 Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
Originally Posted By: JayC41
Evil people will commit evil acts regardless of any weapons ban. Its not that hard to understand. The worst tragedy in our history was commited by terrorist who overtook planes with box cutters. McVery bombed the federal building with a homemade bomb in a box truck. Where were the scary guns in those incidents?

Practical restrictions on powerful weapons will not stop all evil. ...But it probably would have stopped this kid. People who haven't held a full time job and still aren't old enough to drink a beer do not have any business owning a weapon that can kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds.

If he had smoke bombs, he would've had other bombs if he wasn't able to have his AR-15. If his mind was set on shooting people, he would've had a gun, any gun if he couldn't get an AR-15. The ONLY way to stop these is to have schools locked down like Courthouses. Metal detector and armed personnel at every entry point.

Keep on keepin' on
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Jpurdue] #12631025 02/16/18 03:23 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Evil people will commit evil acts regardless of any weapons ban. Its not that hard to understand. The worst tragedy in our history was commited by terrorist who overtook planes with box cutters. McVery bombed the federal building with a homemade bomb in a box truck. Where were the scary guns in those incidents?

Practical restrictions on powerful weapons will not stop all evil. ...But it probably would have stopped this kid. People who haven't held a full time job and still aren't old enough to drink a beer do not have any business owning a weapon that can kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds.

But you would be fine with issuing that same kid one of those weapons (but with a 3 round burst option), sending him to the sandbox, and letting him die for the same freedom that you want to restrict his civilian counterparts from having? Makes complete sense.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Samsonsworld] #12631029 02/16/18 03:23 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Dabaker421
Its not about the AR-15, handguns have been used in several mass murders. Take the AR-15 away, then they will move to the SKS, AK-47, and other similar styles.

When they were talking about a ban a few years back, the mini-14 never made the list. Guess it wasn't black or scary enough? I agree though. If you take one weapon, they'll just find another...even if it comes down to shotguns, bombs or machetes.

so lets just do an experiment that is working for the entire globe and JUST ban these certain weapons and see if things improve.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631031 02/16/18 03:23 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
It would cost somewhere between 10-15 billion annually to put an armed guard at each school in the country.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631032 02/16/18 03:24 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Taking away rapid fire weapons boils down to a second amendment issue much more than a safety issue. The reality is that this is a power struggle driven by a political agenda rather than something about keep people safe we dont live in a perfect world, those crazies will find another way to hurt a bunch of people whether it be a black market weapon, a bomb, or other means. Im not giving up my rights due to the fault of someone who went crazy. The second amendment was designed to allow the American people to have similar weaponry as that of the government, and we all know the government powers at hand wont be giving up their rapid fire weapons. Its sad to say, but there is not really a way to fix this problem.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Jpurdue] #12631037 02/16/18 03:26 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Do you honestly think there are actually people who cant get a weapon? Anyone can buy a firearm on the black market. Those background checks arent very effective with black market gun dealers.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: WAWI] #12631048 02/16/18 03:29 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted By: WAWI
As a country we love black, high capacity semi auto weapons more than our children. Our children have no advocates.

I believe the children who feel they have no advocates will make themselves heard in the near future. Many who have witnessed the horrors in recent years will be of voting age soon.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Ghost4BH] #12631051 02/16/18 03:30 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J

Do you honestly think there are actually people who cant get a weapon? Anyone can buy a firearm on the black market. Those background checks are very effective with black market gun dealers.

Yes, I honestly think this retard could not have sourced a black market weapon. And I honestly think even the average thug would have realized this guy was foul and not sold him one. Again, making it tougher for folks to get access to powerful weapons would not stop all mass shootings, but I certainly think it would help. Particularly in cases like this. I'm not advocating taking anyones existing weapons away, I'm just saying raise the age limit, eliminate private sales without validation, and tighten the purchase requirements. I don't know how to do that last piece exactly, but I'd be open to talking about options.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: JackMason] #12631055 02/16/18 03:33 PM
R
Roller22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

I Thes. 5:16-18
Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: WAWI] #12631057 02/16/18 03:34 PM
S
swalker9513 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: WAWI
Originally Posted By: Dabaker421
Its not about the AR-15, handguns have been used in several mass murders. Take the AR-15 away, then they will move to the SKS, AK-47, and other similar styles.

I suspect all those would get lumped in one basket but don't worry it won't happen. As a country we love black, high capacity semi auto weapons more than our children. We do so under the idea that we must defend ourselves potentially from a tyrannical government even though they already tax us into perpetual servitude and all those who drone on and on about it sit in their chairs and watch professional wrestling and eat hot links, wiping their hands on their shirts. At the same time the left wants to hug the crazy away and even the thought of locking up a nut job for anything short of a capital offense sends them into a tizzy. Our children have no advocates.

This is like 2 days in a row that I have agreed with WAWI on something. I need you to post a JoeT comment so we can restore order.

Re: Mass Shooting Coversation [Re: Jpurdue] #12631065 02/16/18 03:37 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Do you honestly think there are actually people who cant get a weapon? Anyone can buy a firearm on the black market. Those background checks are very effective with black market gun dealers.

Yes, I honestly think this retard could not have sourced a black market weapon. And I honestly think even the average thug would have realized this guy was foul and not sold him one. Again, making it tougher for folks to get access to powerful weapons would not stop all mass shootings, but I certainly think it would help. Particularly in cases like this. I'm not advocating taking anyones existing weapons away, I'm just saying raise the age limit, eliminate private sales without validation, and tighten the purchase requirements. I don't know how to do that last piece exactly, but I'd be open to talking about options.

I could simply walk across the street and obtain any weapon I wanted from the cartel brothers, no questions asked

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide