Forums59
Topics1,039,144
Posts13,959,926
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12633199 02/17/18 09:38 PM
MurraynTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: beartrap
Takahiro Omori just won the Elite series event on Lake Martin....he had a small spot upriver and one of the photographers reported that after Takahiro would leave each day to go to the weigh-in,one or more of the spectator boats would move in and fish his spot....
this could have easily cost takahiro the tourney...is it ignorance,selfishness or what that would cause a person to fish that spot knowing takahiro would be back the next day....
IMHO we as fishermen need to stay off the lake when top level tours like the elites or FLW is fishing the lake...watch it on your computer or smart TV...

So your telling me I shouldn't fish the lake I live on on the weekends and it belongs to the pro's?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: MurraynTx] #12633219 02/17/18 10:17 PM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
That's what they're sayin.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: MurraynTx] #12633222 02/17/18 10:21 PM
D
Devil Horse Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: MurraynTx
Takahiro Omori just won the Elite series event on Lake Martin....he had a small spot upriver and one of the photographers reported that after Takahiro would leave each day to go to the weigh-in,one or more of the spectator boats would move in and fish his spot....
this could have easily cost takahiro the tourney...is it ignorance,selfishness or what that would cause a person to fish that spot knowing takahiro would be back the next day....
IMHO we as fishermen need to stay off the lake when top level tours like the elites or FLW is fishing the lake...watch it on your computer or smart TV...

So your telling me I shouldn't fish the lake I live on on the weekends and it belongs to the pro's?

appears thats what some imply

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JCBfromTHF] #12633253 02/17/18 10:51 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Millions and millions of fishermen in the world and I promise you a huge majority of them couldn't care less if BASS was in town or a local bass club. Most fishermen aint tournament fishermen and don't care who is or isn't. And they dang sure aint going to stay home because there is a tournament in town. LOL

Yes pot licking a pros spot during the tournament is wrong in my opinion as well, but staying home is a joke.

80-90% probably

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12633274 02/17/18 11:08 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
The post is about following an Elite and then fishing the spot that he was fishing when he leaves or getting up early the next morning and being on it when he gets there. It's about respecting what someone is doing for a living.....that is all. As I said, if you can justify pulling in on a pro's spot just because they left it and believe that it is ok to do that.....there is nothing that anyone on here is going to say that will change your mind. Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing.....the "freedom" on the water to do what you want just allows that character to be seen by others.

"Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing"

Couldn't have said it any better Jeff. thumb

I don't know Mr. Jeff L Stevens but if I ever meet him I am going to buy him the biggest steak on the menu.

He gets it. thumb

Last edited by Ken A.; 02/17/18 11:08 PM.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12633278 02/17/18 11:10 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Sure was a lot of condescending tone in here sarcastic

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12633328 02/18/18 12:05 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
The post is about following an Elite and then fishing the spot that he was fishing when he leaves or getting up early the next morning and being on it when he gets there. It's about respecting what someone is doing for a living.....that is all. As I said, if you can justify pulling in on a pro's spot just because they left it and believe that it is ok to do that.....there is nothing that anyone on here is going to say that will change your mind. Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing.....the "freedom" on the water to do what you want just allows that character to be seen by others.

I don't know Mr. Jeff L Stevens but if I ever meet him I am going to buy him the biggest steak on the menu.

He gets it. thumb

I'll buy the drinks.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12633349 02/18/18 12:28 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

He gets it. thumb

I'll buy the drinks.

I will slide up close to you guys....and when y'all leave, I'll have what y'all had.

bolt

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12633364 02/18/18 12:39 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I will slide up close to you guys....and when y'all leave, I'll have what y'all had.

bolt

Tom said you were okay in his book Steez. Your are welcome anytime. thumb

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12633418 02/18/18 01:28 AM
M
Marc-62 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I don't recall Takahiro Omori making my Boat Payment or asking me when I was planning to go fishing. And who said I like Takahiro flying by me doing 80mph in a 21 footer with a 300 hp . Also, should I not get a chicken fry at the local greasy spoon because Takahiro needs to eat. You can armchair fish while elites or FLW are fishing but you'll probably get a reel lite bite. Tight lines

Last edited by Marc-62; 02/18/18 12:08 PM.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12633715 02/18/18 01:11 PM
P
PettyBigBass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
The reason I prefer bass fishing over deer hunting is that you have to buy a nice deer nowadays. They put up the high fence and lock the deer in and lock the people out because it's all about the money. I have had a couple of tense situations with a particular guide on fork back in the day. He would push up close and declare this was his spot because " he made a living" on the lake.

My opinion is that the lake belongs to the taxpayers. I bet that guide never paid taxs on the cash he was paid. This leads me to the topic at hand. I personally would not slide in on the spot after the pro left but, it the right of any tax payer to fish where he wants on OUR lake. I'm sure some of the guys who "make a living" on OUR lake would be dragging floating high fences and putting them over the prime spots and charging to enter if they had the option.

We all have the same odds in this sport, we can fish in front of or behind anybody and it may or may not affect the other guy. That's part of the fishing competition, dealing with human beings not just bass.

i don't mean to offend the guide community. I respect them, and the service they provide, but the pros and the guides are using public property to make a living. The good ones can still perform even after others have fished it because they are pros. Just making the point that greed will always be a factor, until I get my fence around lake fork and keep it all to my self! banana

Being successful is achieving that which you set out to accomplish!
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12637501 02/20/18 05:58 PM
S
SeminoleWindCat Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Best post of the lot.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12637507 02/20/18 06:01 PM
S
SeminoleWindCat Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S

cheers

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12637575 02/20/18 06:36 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12638483 02/21/18 02:52 AM
fosterfence Offline
Angler
Angler
I believe if you are folllowing the big boys to learn or spectate, then leave it alone. But, if it were because tournaments were going on, then a weekend angler could never fish Rayburn again. Lol.
Yes, the Elites and media hurt Toledo. Because 70% heads get cut on Toledo vs. 30% on Rayburn according to Driscoll. For 2-3 years everyday of week in months of February to April and see average 500 boats, with that 70% factored is devestating. Now when a body of water is struggling, Opens and Costas do more for local economy.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide