Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just moved here in August! Grew up in WA fishing salmon, steelhead, and trout. Hit RC on Monday, tried the 66 bridge downstream with no luck casting a Mr twister. Was surprised by the lack of current. Headed up higher to find current and got a few decent sand bass, first fish in Texas for me!
I have some questions about Creek fishing, feel free to PM me if you'd like!
1. With the major flooding over the last two days, how long does it take for RC to drop back to fishable levels?
2. Do you have the best success fishing cast-and-retrieve lures/jigs, jigging under a float, or bait under a bobber?
3. When fishing a slip bobber with a jig, how deep do you normally set the stopper? How much jigging do you do?
4. Any chance of finding eater size crappies in RC?
5. When are there hybrids in the creek, and how far up the stream do they travel? What do you use to target them?
Thanks for any help and advice, I really appreciate it! Happy to meet up and fish with any of you, I drive a silver Mazda sedan with a roof rack!
Edited by TrumpetFish1500 (02/21/18 05:09 PM)