texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,749
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626067 02/13/18 09:11 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
bow_down ^^^^^^

grin just playing! Lets go fishing! grin

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JDV] #12626089 02/13/18 09:22 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
If there were only so many points that could be made in a week on a basketball court on each goal, you can bet your [censored] they wouldn't let others play during the week before a game. Some of the examples here are REALLY reaching.....again, a good indication of people's thought process.....or lack there of

Last edited by JeffLStevens; 02/13/18 09:22 PM.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626096 02/13/18 09:24 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I feel like the original post has been lost by page 5. Everyone is aware we are talking about a person who fished Tak's spot AFTER - thats AFTER - he left for the day right. No one is talking about fishing while he was fishing it, or even showing up the next morning before Tak could get there and fishing it. I would never get close to another boat on the water when they are fishing, but when they are done I dont feel the need to stay off that spot for the next "4 days".

I have to wonder what job some of you have that you are so courteous to the pro's because they are doing their job. I can tell you that I dont feel like other people are thinking of my work and their affects to it when I leave for the day. Maybe someone can let me know when it is ok for me to put myself first since it obviously isnt AFTER - AFTER - AFTER another person has left for the day.

I will say again that these Elites you are so respectful of will watch you on the lake and move in on your spot when you leave. It doesnt mean that they have "disdain" for you.

I think our TFF screen names say a lot about who we are. In this case I believe yours to be appropriate.

Fair enough Mr. Holly Roller. I hope that one day I can live up to your standards. Must be a nice view from your pedestal up there.

No pedastal here. Just pointing out the obvious.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626099 02/13/18 09:26 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I feel like the original post has been lost by page 5. Everyone is aware we are talking about a person who fished Tak's spot AFTER - thats AFTER - he left for the day right. No one is talking about fishing while he was fishing it, or even showing up the next morning before Tak could get there and fishing it. I would never get close to another boat on the water when they are fishing, but when they are done I dont feel the need to stay off that spot for the next "4 days".

I have to wonder what job some of you have that you are so courteous to the pro's because they are doing their job. I can tell you that I dont feel like other people are thinking of my work and their affects to it when I leave for the day. Maybe someone can let me know when it is ok for me to put myself first since it obviously isnt AFTER - AFTER - AFTER another person has left for the day.

I will say again that these Elites you are so respectful of will watch you on the lake and move in on your spot when you leave. It doesnt mean that they have "disdain" for you.

I think our TFF screen names say a lot about who we are. In this case I believe yours to be appropriate.

Fair enough Mr. Holly Roller. I hope that one day I can live up to your standards. Must be a nice view from your pedestal up there.

The difference is when another pro in most sports or most people doing their job you can not influence what they are doing like fishing. I guess if I am a pro baseball player not just everyone can come in my place and hit a 100 MPH fast ball. I think most all of us if we sit around and watch a pro fisherman fish a spot, can figure out how to catch those same fish. We will sore mouth them were the pro can not come back the next day and win a tournament he needs to win to feed his family. The difference is a person gets the inside on where and what these pros or doing to catch fish that you will not get from watching a football game or soccer because most of us where never good enough to play pro sports we just wish we where and no matter how much we watch it we will never do what they are doing. We can watch a pro fisherman enough to catch the fish he is catching and where to catch them and what time of day the same with guides. I guess from my stand point BIG difference in fishing pro's and other sports and business men doing their job. just my .02

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12626101 02/13/18 09:26 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
If there were only so many points that could be made in a week on a basketball court on each goal, you can bet your [censored] they wouldn't let others play during the week before a game. Some of the examples here are REALLY reaching.....again, a good indication of people's thought process.....or lack there of

Seriously! These guys are comparing an Apple to a Freaking Pinecone and wonder why folks have a hard time agreeing with them. bang

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12626109 02/13/18 09:29 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
The post is about following an Elite and then fishing the spot that he was fishing when he leaves or getting up early the next morning and being on it when he gets there. It's about respecting what someone is doing for a living.....that is all. As I said, if you can justify pulling in on a pro's spot just because they left it and believe that it is ok to do that.....there is nothing that anyone on here is going to say that will change your mind. Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing.....the "freedom" on the water to do what you want just allows that character to be seen by others.

Spot on Jeff! thumb

I personally enjoy the challenge of finding my own fish and figuring out how to get them in the boat. When you win, and you know 100% that you did it completely on your own, it's much better IMO. Everyone is different though, that's for sure.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: J.H.S.] #12626135 02/13/18 09:40 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Josh Seale
Just because something is legally right, doesnt mean you should do it. I can legally go jump Im freezing water, doesnt mean I should. Working the bent pole pattern is a garbage way for a bad fisherman to get his line stretched. No one is saying you have to stay off the water when a big tournament is present. Just have a little consideration for the guys making a living at something we all love and wish we could.

This is what it's all about, said very well! Just because it is legal for me to open a door and walk in ahead of an elderly woman, doesn't mean it is the "right thing to do". We need to be courteous and considerate of others.

Knowing Tak is returning to the spot the next morning, no way a person should fish it after he leaves. You can, but it's a lack of consideration for the guy. Fish the spot after the tournament is over. The fact that there is controversy on this topic is very disappointing.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626147 02/13/18 09:44 PM
M
MeatHauler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
If there is a huge tournament on the lake and I stay off of it, it's because they will interfere with MY fishing, not me with theirs. I'm not responsible for others' career choices.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12626149 02/13/18 09:46 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

The difference is when another pro in most sports or most people doing their job you can not influence what they are doing like fishing. I guess if I am a pro baseball player not just everyone can come in my place and hit a 100 MPH fast ball. I think most all of us if we sit around and watch a pro fisherman fish a spot, can figure out how to catch those same fish. We will sore mouth them were the pro can not come back the next day and win a tournament he needs to win to feed his family. The difference is a person gets the inside on where and what these pros or doing to catch fish that you will not get from watching a football game or soccer because most of us where never good enough to play pro sports we just wish we where and no matter how much we watch it we will never do what they are doing. We can watch a pro fisherman enough to catch the fish he is catching and where to catch them and what time of day the same with guides. I guess from my stand point BIG difference in fishing pro's and other sports and business men doing their job. just my .02

Fair enough, and a valid argument, thank you for not just resorting to name calling and bullying like the old timers on here that think every should be like minded.

I would say this though, if the argument is that everyone can replicate what the Pro Fisherman is doing after watching them, then why arent we all good enough to be Pro's. I believe there is something these guys do, and figure out, that make them that much better then me at catching fish. This seems like a good example because it didnt actually keep Tak from catching fish the next day. It would be like me hitting a fast ball, but not a 100 MPH fast ball. Every now and then, if i close my eyes and just swing across the plate then I might connect with a 100 MPH fastball, but it isnt likely.

And as for the business men doing their job, it was everyone else on here that kept saying this was the Pro Fisherman's job and how he feeds his family, does that not make it their business?

And thank you to Ken for continuing to respond with no argument of your own, and you too Gig'em for piggy backing.

Last edited by Shallow Waters; 02/13/18 10:02 PM.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626187 02/13/18 10:02 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy

And thank you to Ken for continue to respond with no argument of you own, and you too Gig'em for piggy backing.

No problem Shallow..

Still trying to figure out what a Holly Roller is....

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626198 02/13/18 10:10 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Your good people Ken, I actually do typically like your posts and appreciate your experience and knowledge. Thank you for giving me a lesson in grammar as well, I will be sure to proof read next time.

I think I can honestly say, I hope to fish behind you one day thumb roflmao

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626210 02/13/18 10:19 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Your good people Ken, I actually do typically like your posts and appreciate your experience and knowledge. Thank you for giving me a lesson in grammar as well, I will be sure to proof read next time.

I think I can honestly say, I hope to fish behind you one day thumb roflmao

It's all good Shallow. If we all agreed on every single thing, it would be a pretty boring life indeed.
Now we both know what side of the argument we stand. thumb

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626223 02/13/18 10:28 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Fair enough, and a valid argument, thank you for not just resorting to name calling and bullying like the old timers on here that think every should be like minded.

I would say this though, if the argument is that everyone can replicate what the Pro Fisherman is doing after watching them, then why arent we all good enough to be Pro's. I believe there is something these guys do, and figure out, that make them that much better then me at catching fish. This seems like a good example because it didnt actually keep Tak from catching fish the next day. It would be like me hitting a fast ball, but not a 100 MPH fast ball. Every now and then, if i close my eyes and just swing across the plate then I might connect with a 100 MPH fastball, but it isnt likely.

And as for the business men doing their job, it was everyone else on here that kept saying this was the Pro Fisherman's job and how he feeds his family, does that not make it their business?

And thank you to Ken for continuing to respond with no argument of your own, and you too Gig'em for piggy backing.

You're welcome dude anytime, Ken just beat me to it. Let's face it, you got surrounded like General Custer. You want an argument for my point of view, here you go. No other sport allows spectators on the field of play except professional fishing. Those who do follow these pro's while they try to make a living do so for various reasons, some just to observe but others want to catch their fish and therein could change the outcome of the tournament which in my mind is flat out wrong. These guys fishing Tak's spot after he left for the day reminds me of Steve Bartman. If the name doesn't ring a bell google it. Because he interfered in a MLB championship game it most likely caused the Chicago Cubs a World Championship. Things turned out different for Tak because he had such a big lead going into the final day but it could have turned out much different. Tak had been in a slump and really needed and deserved the win. I won't make any excuses for you or anyone else who thinks it's ok to interfere in any sport. Just because they legally let you on their playing field doesn't give anyone the right to interfere in their business and possibly change the outcome. If you're feeling frisky and want to get it on with the pro's jump onto the field the next time the Cowboy's play. thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12626256 02/13/18 10:43 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
If you're feeling frisky and want to get it on with the pro's jump onto the field the next time the Cowboy's play. thumb

No thanks, but I may throw the ball around down on the field after the game.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626272 02/13/18 10:55 PM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
"hope I never need to catch a fish this bad" was title of my original post...6 pages and 88 replies later,I still haven't seen any argument or reason that would make me go fish a spot behind any pro in a situation similar to takahiros...
actually unless I had promised a child that I would take them fishing during the tournament and I had no other choice of lakes,I wouldn't put my boat in the water during an elite event...and if I had to be on that lake,I'd stay as far away from any contestant as possible....

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide