Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12625894 02/13/18 07:39 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
If there are only 4 days of a year that you get to fish and there is only one lake that you can fish and those 4 days just happen to be on the same 4 days that the Elites are there......I seriously doubt you have much of a chance of doing any damage to the fish.

Again, your attempt to "reach" for a reason to justify your actions is a clear indication that you know it is wrong. Not much more needs to be said than your lame excuse for why you could justify it.

Just giving an example, but you can act like a martyr because you avoid their spots. I am not saying I would just go wait for them to get off the spot and then go hit it, but I sure in heck am not going to throw away my days to appease them. I am not reaching for anything other than to say you are moronic to throw away your whole day because the elites just happen to be there that day.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: redskeet100] #12625905 02/13/18 07:47 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
The post is about following an Elite and then fishing the spot that he was fishing when he leaves or getting up early the next morning and being on it when he gets there. It's about respecting what someone is doing for a living.....that is all. As I said, if you can justify pulling in on a pro's spot just because they left it and believe that it is ok to do that.....there is nothing that anyone on here is going to say that will change your mind. Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing.....the "freedom" on the water to do what you want just allows that character to be seen by others.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: redskeet100] #12625914 02/13/18 07:53 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
is today the winter solstice? its easy yall. if you are on a public body of water during a professional tournament, there a few things to consider. if you have a good spot, you need to get there first. if you come up on your spot and someone is tere go somewhere else. if you are on fish and a pro approaches, then you have choices. your on your fish on a public lake so it is your spot to do what you choose. if I was in a smaller tourney, im staying. if im fishing for food, im staying. if im fishing for fun, ill waive em in and sit back and watch. and hopefully learn something. whatever the choice, just be polite and enjoy the day.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625927 02/13/18 07:56 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
This post is so ironic. Tak used to jump other guide's deep holes on Fork all the time. I've witnessed it first hand. There are VERY few guides on Fork who haven't fished spots they saw other guides on. Like NONE.

But no, I do not fish nor would I ever jump a pro's spot during a tournament.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625939 02/13/18 08:04 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Elite anglers, and myself included ( so that covers ALL anglers from the top to the bottom grin), SURELY watch other anglers. It's natural. Especially the guy with money on the line. Natural instinct is to want to know how you're stacking up. The guys with money on the line have something to prove. That they are better than the others. They(we/I) have to know what the other is doing.

In my area, I can often predict what other guys are doing, what they HAVE done, and what they're gonna do. I have observed them on the lakes I fish for years. Elites do it to. Ever watch MLF and hear the guy say,"man...I betcha so and so is flipping", or "so and so is drop shotting"? Sure you have. Because they watch the others all the time. Enough to know what they are likely doing and when!

So does that make em "pot lickers"? Nope. It makes them observant.

If they start running in on your area, WHILE YOUR FISHING AND CATCJING, then THAT would be pot licking or just stupidity. If they wait till I leave, I ain't mad at em. If I wait for them to leave, they shouldn't be mad at me.

For someone to think they have a magic spot that nobody has ever fished is pretty naive. ....and stupid......

See y'all at the lake.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12625952 02/13/18 08:08 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
The post is about following an Elite and then fishing the spot that he was fishing when he leaves or getting up early the next morning and being on it when he gets there. It's about respecting what someone is doing for a living.....that is all. As I said, if you can justify pulling in on a pro's spot just because they left it and believe that it is ok to do that.....there is nothing that anyone on here is going to say that will change your mind. Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing.....the "freedom" on the water to do what you want just allows that character to be seen by others.

"Most peoples character was developed long before they started fishing"

Couldn't have said it any better Jeff. thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625955 02/13/18 08:10 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Just because something is legally right, doesnt mean you should do it. I can legally go jump Im freezing water, doesnt mean I should. Working the bent pole pattern is a garbage way for a bad fisherman to get his line stretched. No one is saying you have to stay off the water when a big tournament is present. Just have a little consideration for the guys making a living at something we all love and wish we could.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625957 02/13/18 08:11 PM
M. Alexander Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
The schedule is announced with plenty of notice...even if youre not a fan or dont follow the professional tours, you know well in advance if theyre coming to your lake. To not let them have it for 4 days, in my opinion, shows pettiness, a lack of respect, lack of class, and a bit of jealously of the folks who have the talent, drive, and resources to make a living at something you do as hobby.

I find it weird that theres an outlier group of amateurs with so much disdain for the professionals in a given sport. Can anyone think of examples of this in other sports?

Last edited by M. Alexander; 02/13/18 08:11 PM.

Mark
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Pintail711] #12625972 02/13/18 08:21 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
I like you Ken A, and have appreciated a lot of your posts, but if you think these Elites arent watching other boaters while they are on the water then you are wrong. They have "4 days" to find the fish on a lake and they will see where others are trying to find those fish.

You can hold yourself to whatever standard you want, but I will still sleep at night regardless of your level of respect for me. It is getting to the point where some of you guys are going to have to stop fishing all together since all the spots on the lake are going to be reserved by the guides and tournament anglers. Us lonely fun fishers only have the dead areas of the lake to work with now.

Baseball and football players watch games all of the time studying other players weaknesses to gain a competitive edge. If I was professionally fishing, dang right Id watch others. Nature of the business I suppose when it feeds your family.

If you go back to the OP: "Takahiro Omori just won the Elite series event on Lake Martin....he had a small spot upriver and one of the photographers reported that after Takahiro would leave each day to go to the weigh-in,one or more of the spectator boats would move in and fish his spot....
this could have easily cost takahiro the tourney...is it ignorance,selfishness or what that would cause a person to fish that spot knowing takahiro would be back the next day....
IMHO we as fishermen need to stay off the lake when top level tours like the elites or FLW is fishing the lake...watch it on your computer or smart TV"

Watching someone do it and moving in on the very spot where you had been seeing him catch his fish to fish for them are two totally different things.

I hope we can at least agree on that.

Last edited by Ken A.; 02/13/18 08:22 PM.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12625982 02/13/18 08:26 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy

AMEN TO THIS!!! thumb

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12626000 02/13/18 08:31 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I feel like the original post has been lost by page 5. Everyone is aware we are talking about a person who fished Tak's spot AFTER - thats AFTER - he left for the day right. No one is talking about fishing while he was fishing it, or even showing up the next morning before Tak could get there and fishing it. I would never get close to another boat on the water when they are fishing, but when they are done I dont feel the need to stay off that spot for the next "4 days".

I have to wonder what job some of you have that you are so courteous to the pro's because they are doing their job. I can tell you that I dont feel like other people are thinking of my work and their affects to it when I leave for the day. Maybe someone can let me know when it is ok for me to put myself first since it obviously isnt AFTER - AFTER - AFTER another person has left for the day.

I will say again that these Elites you are so respectful of will watch you on the lake and move in on your spot when you leave. It doesnt mean that they have "disdain" for you.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12626017 02/13/18 08:48 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
I feel like the original post has been lost by page 5. Everyone is aware we are talking about a person who fished Tak's spot AFTER - thats AFTER - he left for the day right. No one is talking about fishing while he was fishing it, or even showing up the next morning before Tak could get there and fishing it. I would never get close to another boat on the water when they are fishing, but when they are done I dont feel the need to stay off that spot for the next "4 days".

I have to wonder what job some of you have that you are so courteous to the pro's because they are doing their job. I can tell you that I dont feel like other people are thinking of my work and their affects to it when I leave for the day. Maybe someone can let me know when it is ok for me to put myself first since it obviously isnt AFTER - AFTER - AFTER another person has left for the day.

I will say again that these Elites you are so respectful of will watch you on the lake and move in on your spot when you leave. It doesnt mean that they have "disdain" for you.

I think our TFF screen names say a lot about who we are. In this case I believe yours to be appropriate.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12626030 02/13/18 08:54 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

I think our TFF screen names say a lot about who we are. In this case I believe yours to be appropriate.

Just the first name Ken. thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12626038 02/13/18 08:58 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

Fair enough Mr. Holly Roller. I hope that one day I can live up to your standards. Must be a nice view from your pedestal up there.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12626061 02/13/18 09:09 PM
J
JDV Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
[quote=Shallow Waters][quote=jackson_ranger]

Just because "you have the right", doesn't make it right and you guys know it.

The Chicago Bulls don't play their games in the park and expect everybody else to not play basketball there all week so they can come back and practice and play again the next day. If they want to hold tournaments on private water, then by all means, they have a legitimate grievance.

Last edited by JDV; 02/13/18 09:10 PM.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide