Forums59
Topics1,039,302
Posts13,962,571
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: EZ_Legend] #12625508 02/13/18 04:10 PM
J
JDV Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: jackson_ranger
First off I would not do that but from now on I am going to mark my spots and everyone better stay out of them....

Am I supposed to stay off the highway because there are truck drivers on it?

lol, exactly. What're you on, a joyride here Junior? OFF THE ROAD, AMATEUR! laugh
Some people take themselves too seriously.

Last edited by JDV; 02/13/18 04:10 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625574 02/13/18 04:39 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I think the difference is whether you have a significant amount of respect for these guys doing what most of us have always dreamed of doing. A lot of fishermen have watched the pro's for years and know the sacrifices they have made to do what they love to do. A lot of fishermen are jealous of the pro's being able to do it and therefore do not respect them at all. And then there are probably a lot that really just don't know or understand it at all. Those guys are on the water on a given lake for 4 days out of the year in a tournament. If you can't give them the space to do what they do for 4 days, that is a pretty good indication of the type of person that you are.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625597 02/13/18 04:55 PM
E
eagle 2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
E
Wonder if that guy was wearing out his spot for the benefit of another angler?

I will be back. I'm never truly gone.....Last post by Brad RIP

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JeffLStevens] #12625615 02/13/18 05:08 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
I think the difference is whether you have a significant amount of respect for these guys doing what most of us have always dreamed of doing. A lot of fishermen have watched the pro's for years and know the sacrifices they have made to do what they love to do. A lot of fishermen are jealous of the pro's being able to do it and therefore do not respect them at all. And then there are probably a lot that really just don't know or understand it at all. Those guys are on the water on a given lake for 4 days out of the year in a tournament. If you can't give them the space to do what they do for 4 days, that is a pretty good indication of the type of person that you are.

Truth!

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12625637 02/13/18 05:18 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters

Thank you, this is the exact analogy I was thinking of reading this thread. Can someone tell me the time line that I should adhere to before going back to fish a spot once an Elite has left it? Am I supposed to assume that they are going to come back everyday to the same spot. If they leave that spot mid day to go to another spot should I assume they will be back later.

Just to clarify, am I only allowed to fish a spot if I find it first before anyone else has ever fished it? Or is it only once I see someone else catch fish there that it becomes off limits and I can not fish it any more? Some of you guys and your "pot-licking" complaints are ridiculous. Are you telling me you haven't ever fished a spot after you witnessed someone else catch a fish there? And if you have, what the hell makes you consider the elites feelings before the other persons feelings when you choose to fish that spot?

First off this is a terrible analogy guys. My father was a long haul trucker his entire life. You are not taking money from the truckers pocket by driving down the same stretch of road he is on. Dumb comparison.

If you knowingly sit back and watch someone else catch fish from a spot, pro or not, then go fish the spot after they leave, you know what you are doing is wrong. Whether you will admit it or not. It is just plain wrong.

If you can justify doing it by saying, "I own a fishing license" or "I pay my taxes" or "He doesn't have a deed to this spot" then by all means, Do it. I have no respect for anyone that does this but you ultimately "have the right to fish anywhere you choose".

Just because "you have the right", doesn't make it right and you guys know it.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625690 02/13/18 05:43 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I like you Ken A, and have appreciated a lot of your posts, but if you think these Elites arent watching other boaters while they are on the water then you are wrong. They have "4 days" to find the fish on a lake and they will see where others are trying to find those fish.

You can hold yourself to whatever standard you want, but I will still sleep at night regardless of your level of respect for me. It is getting to the point where some of you guys are going to have to stop fishing all together since all the spots on the lake are going to be reserved by the guides and tournament anglers. Us lowly fun fishers only have the dead areas of the lake to work with now.

Last edited by Shallow Waters; 02/13/18 07:34 PM.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12625713 02/13/18 05:55 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Thank you, this is the exact analogy I was thinking of reading this thread. Can someone tell me the time line that I should adhere to before going back to fish a spot once an Elite has left it? Am I supposed to assume that they are going to come back everyday to the same spot. If they leave that spot mid day to go to another spot should I assume they will be back later.

Just to clarify, am I only allowed to fish a spot if I find it first before anyone else has ever fished it? Or is it only once I see someone else catch fish there that it becomes off limits and I can not fish it any more? Some of you guys and your "pot-licking" complaints are ridiculous. Are you telling me you haven't ever fished a spot after you witnessed someone else catch a fish there? And if you have, what the hell makes you consider the elites feelings before the other persons feelings when you choose to fish that spot?

First off this is a terrible analogy guys. My father was a long haul trucker his entire life. You are not taking money from the truckers pocket by driving down the same stretch of road he is on. Dumb comparison.

If you knowingly sit back and watch someone else catch fish from a spot, pro or not, then go fish the spot after they leave, you know what you are doing is wrong. Whether you will admit it or not. It is just plain wrong.

If you can justify doing it by saying, "I own a fishing license" or "I pay my taxes" or "He doesn't have a deed to this spot" then by all means, Do it. I have no respect for anyone that does this but you ultimately "have the right to fish anywhere you choose".

As for it being a dumb analogy - maybe you can refresh my memory on where Tak ended up and how much money he lost because someone fished his spot AFTER he was done with it. And you think your dad didn't waste diesel and time being stuck in traffic because there were other cars on the road?

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12625730 02/13/18 06:02 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens

Truth!

Really, and what if those are the only 4 days I can get out that month? I am supposed to avoid all the good spots because somebody else is trying to make a living. This is absolutely ridiculous and there is no way I am going to sacrifice my 4 days on the lake just because they are there.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12625763 02/13/18 06:23 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

As for it being a dumb analogy - maybe you can refresh my memory on where Tak ended up and how much money he lost because someone fished his spot AFTER he was done with it. And you think your dad didn't waste diesel and time being stuck in traffic because there were other cars on the road?

It is a well know fact that spectator boats cost KVD the 2008 classic. That was $500k

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: beartrap] #12625766 02/13/18 06:24 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Man we need a warming trend! All of us are getting cabin fever and need to go fish! grin

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: adam_p] #12625806 02/13/18 06:41 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: adam_p

It is a well know fact that spectator boats cost KVD the 2008 classic. That was $500k

So you are saying that sometimes it will have an affect and sometimes it wont? Kind of like when sometimes there is traffic on the roads and sometimes there isn't?

Also (I dont follow the elites so this is an honest question) was what happened in 2008 a result of a spectator boat fishing KVD's spot AFTER he left it? or was it from the spectators messing up his spot while he was fishing it?

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Shallow Waters] #12625812 02/13/18 06:49 PM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I like you Ken A, and have appreciated a lot of your posts, but if you think these Elites arent watching other boaters while they are on the water then you are wrong. They have "4 days" to find the fish on a lake and they will see where others are trying to find those fish.

You can hold yourself to whatever standard you want, but I will still sleep at night regardless of your level of respect for me. It is getting to the point where some of you guys are going to have to stop fishing all together since all the spots on the lake are going to be reserved by the guides and tournament anglers. Us lonely fun fishers only have the dead areas of the lake to work with now.

Baseball and football players watch games all of the time studying other players weaknesses to gain a competitive edge. If I was professionally fishing, dang right Id watch others. Nature of the business I suppose when it feeds your family.

Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: Ken A.] #12625850 02/13/18 07:13 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Ken, being a former professional and successful guide you understand that a lot of people just do not have the intellect or knowledge to find fish and many don't understand how to catch them when they do so they look for other peoples spots including guides and professional fishermen. Instead of hiring someone to teach them how to locate fish, learn the seasonal habits and learn how to use their electronics they drive around and watch the guides or see someone boat a fish and wait for them to leave. Tak's spot where he caught most of his fish did play out and he ended up having to leave it and find another spot. Did those guys that fished the spot the day before have an affect on it ? Maybe, we'll never know for sure and they probably could care less. I would have to think they are part of the bunch I mentioned in my first sentence. I have paid for lessons on both how to find fish, how to catch them and also paid to learn how to use my electronics. I don't believe I would have caught that 14 lb'er without that knowledge and yes I found that spot on my own.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: JCBfromTHF] #12625856 02/13/18 07:16 PM
S
SkeeterEater Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
Originally Posted By: beartrap

IMHO we as fishermen need to stay off the lake when top level tours like the elites or FLW is fishing the lake...watch it on your computer or smart TV...

Millions and millions of fishermen in the world and I promise you a huge majority of them couldn't care less if BASS was in town or a local bass club. Most fishermen aint tournament fishermen and don't care who is or isn't. And they dang sure aint going to stay home because there is a tournament in town. LOL

Yes pot licking a pros spot during the tournament is wrong in my opinion as well, but staying home is a joke.

I
Are you sure about that? I mean I would be willing to bet "most of the fishermen" that go follow the pros around the lake are indeed tournament anglers. I for one know very few people who have a bass boat who do not fish tournaments. Are there some sure but I would love to see the true numbers.

Take Dead Aim
I'd rather be lost on the water than found at work!
SkeeterEater
Re: hope I never need to catch a fish this bad... [Re: redskeet100] #12625871 02/13/18 07:27 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
If there are only 4 days of a year that you get to fish and there is only one lake that you can fish and those 4 days just happen to be on the same 4 days that the Elites are there......I seriously doubt you have much of a chance of doing any damage to the fish.

Again, your attempt to "reach" for a reason to justify your actions is a clear indication that you know it is wrong. Not much more needs to be said than your lame excuse for why you could justify it.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide