Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Bass Club BS... #12622097 02/11/18 07:41 PM
M
markson Online Content OP
Angler
OP Online Content
Angler
M
So I go to my favorite lake yesterday (Saturday) an hour before sunrise and find a line to launch. After waiting 30 minutes I finally launch only to find that there are no available spaces at any of the numerous docks slips to tie off on while parking. Then I realize that there are Bass Club tournament fisherman blocking all of the slips while they gather in the parking lot picking their a**es and waiting for sunrise (which is still 30 minutes away). So I guess if you are not part of their "precious" little tournament you have to tie off at the launch and go park, which off course blocks the ramp and slows down everyone else from launching. And bonus points for the jerks that were running full speed in zero visibility fog and not even using running lights. You know who you are. At least I hope they enjoyed watching me hammer 3 to 5 pounders right in front of them all day, because of course once I caught a fish I was immediately surrounded. At one point I had 10 boats around me.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622115 02/11/18 07:52 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Did you try asking them there at the ramp to share some tie up space? I doubt coming on here and making a vague post about a bass club fishing an unnamed lake in Texas is probably gonna do much but cause a lot of needless drama and such.

Maybe next time get some TX numbers and find the TD at the ramp when you see someone you suspect in a tournament operating a boat in an unsafe manner. You could have also addressed the ramp issues and the sportsmanship issues in person as well.

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622117 02/11/18 07:52 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: markson
So I go to my favorite lake yesterday (Saturday) an hour before sunrise and find a line to launch. After waiting 30 minutes I finally launch only to find that there are no available spaces at any of the numerous docks slips to tie off on while parking. Then I realize that there are Bass Club tournament fisherman blocking all of the slips while they gather in the parking lot picking their a**es and waiting for sunrise (which is still 30 minutes away). So I guess if you are not part of their "precious" little tournament you have to tie off at the launch and go park, which off course blocks the ramp and slows down everyone else from launching. And bonus points for the jerks that were running full speed in zero visibility fog and not even using running lights. You know who you are. At least I hope they enjoyed watching me hammer 3 to 5 pounders right in front of them all day, because of course once I caught a fish I was immediately surrounded. At one point I had 10 boats around me.

Pull up to the bank and get off, pull up to the ramp, bunch of different options unless youre the dainty type that has to have a dock to get off their boat.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622120 02/11/18 07:54 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
cry

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: Clark3] #12622127 02/11/18 08:00 PM
M
Angler
OP Online Content
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Clark3

Pull up to the bank and get off, pull up to the ramp, bunch of different options unless youre the dainty type that has to have a dock to get off their boat.

It is not about being "dainty" it is about common courtesy. Every available spot on the docks and the bank were taken for over an hour, thus requiring blocking the ramp while parking. And I am purposely being vague because maybe this happens a lot at other lakes and all Clubs and members seeing this might think about changing their take off policies. But then again they might just write it off like you do because I am being "dainty".

Last edited by markson; 02/11/18 08:01 PM.
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622141 02/11/18 08:08 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

It is not about being "dainty" it is about common courtesy. Every available spot on the docks and the bank were taken for over an hour, thus requiring blocking the ramp while parking. And I am purposely being vague because maybe this happens a lot at other lakes and all Clubs and members seeing this might think about changing their take off policies. But then again they might just write it off like you do because I am being "dainty".

Im trying to be nice. Its a public lake they have just as much as a right as you do. If you dont like it let your state representative know you want to ban bass clubs, pick a different lake, go back home, Join the club, anything besides complain on a forum rather than talking to them.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: Clark3] #12622151 02/11/18 08:15 PM
M
Angler
OP Online Content
Angler
M

Im trying to be nice. Its a public lake they have just as much as a right as you do. If you dont like it let your state representative know you want to ban bass clubs, pick a different lake, go back home, Join the club, anything besides complain on a forum rather than talking to them.

Wow, you are trying to be nice by calling me "dainty". And now your over reaction to my "complaining" tells me you might be the type that would stand around and watch the ramp being blocked over and over for over an hour with no concern for any one else. I think this forum is a perfect way to broach the subjects and get people thinking about it instead of taking it personally and reacting with name calling and such.

Last edited by markson; 02/11/18 08:18 PM.
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622155 02/11/18 08:20 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
courtesy docks are first came first serve at my lake. I have watched ski boats tie up and drink beer for hours, while waiting for someone else to come and park in the trailer only spots with no trailer. Part of the public use. I hate to inform you, much of the public sucks. Even some bass club members

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622159 02/11/18 08:23 PM
J
javelin150 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
What is the purpose of these type of posts? If you just want to rant on the internet....cool.

Id be willing to bet you said nothing to the anglers that "crowded" you too.

If you have a problem with someone on the water, man up and say something to them on the water instead of whining about it on a public forum

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: outfishdya] #12622160 02/11/18 08:23 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
cold days on the TFF... martini

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622169 02/11/18 08:31 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That situation is when I go in to "bumper boat" mode. I own an '07 for a reason. Excuse me while I slide in between these shiny new rigs. I knew I could squeeze it in. It's called being considerate. Not drawing attention to just tourney folks, but I would guess that 50% of the bass boaters out there possess none of consideration and common sense. Yes, I'm getting old but not very grumpy.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622171 02/11/18 08:32 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
That's definitely annoying. But, it's an inconvenient side-effect of public property. Maybe shift leisure trips to Sundays to avoid the bulk of the tournament crowd?

Scott Jones
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: Okie Poke] #12622178 02/11/18 08:36 PM
M
Angler
OP Online Content
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
That situation is when I go in to "bumper boat" mode. I own an '07 for a reason. Excuse me while I slide in between these shiny new rigs. I knew I could squeeze it in. It's called being considerate. Not drawing attention to just tourney folks, but I would guess that 50% of the bass boaters out there possess none of consideration and common sense. Yes, I'm getting old but not very grumpy.

Yeah, I can see by some of the over reactions and creative interpretations of my post that I was right in not "confronting" people at the dock or being explicit in the details of my experience. Who knows what kind of idiocy I would be exposed to if I engaged these type of people face to face.

Last edited by markson; 02/11/18 08:37 PM.
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622187 02/11/18 08:44 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke

Yeah, I can see by some of the over reactions and creative interpretations of my post that I was right in not "confronting" people at the dock or being explicit in the details of my experience. Who knows what kind of idiocy I would be exposed to if I engaged these type of people face to face.

You can easily "confront" people when you have an issue with some respect and calmness. You don't have to acta fool or anything. Simply ask if they would mind moving over a bit to make room for others. The rest in regards to unsafe boaters is simply common sense. Hard to argue as a TD when someone hands you boat numbers and a phone video showing the situation. Most people have smart phones and a quick pix or video goes a long way.

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622192 02/11/18 08:48 PM
burner42 Offline
Angler
Angler
Week day fisher here, too much stupid at the public ramps on the weekends. That's just the start... as you observed, once you get past the ramp circus you get to deal with boats, jet skis, pontoon boats hauling [censored] in all directions oblivious of surroundings, rude morons fishing up on you or cutting you off... if I wasn't self employed and not able to fish weekdays I wouldn't fish. I do it for the peace and quite and relaxation.

2021 Phoenix 921 Elite
PB - Large Mouth Bass - 9.14

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide