Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622206 02/11/18 08:58 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I'm assuming ( and I'm always wrong when I do that ) you were at Squaw Creek otherwise you could have launched somewhere else. I would in the future check this forum throughout the week to see where the tournaments are and go somewhere else or at least a lake with more than one launch area. As far as yesterday, it's over, move on.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622211 02/11/18 09:01 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Good thing this wasnt bbc because he would have been kicking azz and taking names!

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622212 02/11/18 09:01 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I have found in a situation like this starting my request with hey brother, could I ask for your help please? usually gets me what I need and a helping hand. Smile and be friendly. It usually works every time.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622219 02/11/18 09:05 PM
P
Pumadon Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
I am a member of a small club and was prefishing Palestine Saturday, Im saying this because I knew there were several tournaments, so I adjusted my schedule accordingly by getting there earlier. One can avoid a lot of issues by planning for a few problems in advance. Try being proactive instead of reactive and it solves a lot of things. Not trying to be critical.

FISHING NOW NOT WORKING ANYMORE
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: burner42] #12622222 02/11/18 09:06 PM
M
markson Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: burner42
Week day fisher here, too much stupid at the public ramps on the weekends. That's just the start... as you observed, once you get past the ramp circus you get to deal with boats, jet skis, pontoon boats hauling [censored] in all directions oblivious of surroundings, rude morons fishing up on you or cutting you off... if I wasn't self employed and not able to fish weekdays I wouldn't fish. I do it for the peace and quite and relaxation.

Yeah, I normally only fish the weekdays, but with the weather like it is I have to take every little window of opportunity. I guess I have learned my lesson, do not "whine" on the Forum about the idiocy that pervades the fabric of our society and accept the fact that weekend fishing means adapting to the "storm" of inconsiderate behavior displayed by the general public as well as my bass fishing brethren. On the plus side I did catch 26 fish up to 6 lbs so at least I have that going for me.

Last edited by markson; 02/11/18 09:22 PM.
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622231 02/11/18 09:15 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: markson
Week day fisher here, too much stupid at the public ramps on the weekends. That's just the start... as you observed, once you get past the ramp circus you get to deal with boats, jet skis, pontoon boats hauling [censored] in all directions oblivious of surroundings, rude morons fishing up on you or cutting you off... if I wasn't self employed and not able to fish weekdays I wouldn't fish. I do it for the peace and quite and relaxation.

Yeah, I normally only fish the weekdays, but with the weather like it is I have to take every little window of opportunity. I guess I have learned my lesson, do not "whine" on the Forum about the idiocy that pervades the fabric of our society and accept the fact that weekend fishing means adapting to the "storm" of inconsiderate behavior displayed by the general public as well as my bass fishing brethren. On the plus side I did catch 26 fish up to 6 lbs so I least I have that going for me.

and one heck of a long sentence...

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622233 02/11/18 09:18 PM
C
cantcatch5 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
If you are that good dont complain about them, join them and take their money. Jacking 3-5lb fish all day with a kicker 6 pounder will get you paid almost every day.

Jason

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622245 02/11/18 09:24 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Im still trying to figure out how someone is an idiot for taking up the space at the dock

[Linked Image]
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622255 02/11/18 09:26 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F

Yeah, I normally only fish the weekdays, but with the weather like it is I have to take every little window of opportunity. I guess I have learned my lesson, do not "whine" on the Forum about the idiocy that pervades the fabric of our society and accept the fact that weekend fishing means adapting to the "storm" of inconsiderate behavior displayed by the general public as well as my bass fishing brethren. On the plus side I did catch 26 fish up to 6 lbs so at least I have that going for me.

Pics or it didn't happen

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: cantcatch5] #12622257 02/11/18 09:27 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: cantcatch5
If you are that good dont complain about them, join them and take their money. Jacking 3-5lb fish all day with a kicker 6 pounder will get you paid almost every day.

Jason

....and if you beat enough times, they will launch your boat and park your truck for you.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: Clark3] #12622259 02/11/18 09:28 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Clark3
Im still trying to figure out how someone is an idiot for taking up the space at the dock

Leaving their boat sitting there unattended for 30min, dude. Were you at Squaw fishing a tourney this weekend, too? Did you scratch your azz before the sunrise?

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622260 02/11/18 09:28 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Heck,,,,,
Don't come to Athens unless you come real early.
The bank, the docks ,,,, they have all been taken lately.
But what do you expect if the tourney doesn't go off until safe light and there are 100 boats around the area
Get to your ramp an hour early, grab some coffee and donuts, and just wait until your ready or just ease out on your lake and go slow to that first spit and cast a couple in the dark and just wait for that first bite.
Lots of ways to beat a crowded ramp area

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622272 02/11/18 09:36 PM
H
Hog Jaw Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
H
They are dummies driving and dummies on the water , I dont let it mess up my day . I fish during the week , my wife does all the driving .

Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: markson] #12622286 02/11/18 09:43 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
So I go to my favorite lake yesterday (Saturday) an hour before sunrise and find a line to launch. After waiting 30 minutes I finally launch only to find that there are no available spaces at any of the numerous docks slips to tie off on while parking. Then I realize that there are Bass Club tournament fisherman blocking all of the slips while they gather in the parking lot picking their a**es and waiting for sunrise (which is still 30 minutes away). So I guess if you are not part of their "precious" little tournament you have to tie off at the launch and go park, which off course blocks the ramp and slows down everyone else from launching. And bonus points for the jerks that were running full speed in zero visibility fog and not even using running lights. You know who you are. At least I hope they enjoyed watching me hammer 3 to 5 pounders right in front of them all day, because of course once I caught a fish I was immediately surrounded. At one point I had 10 boats around me.

In general, bass fishermen are much easier to deal with at the ramp than your average boater. I'm sure they were aware they had the area blocked and would have made room for you had you asked. But, I don't see a problem with you venting your frustration. The tournament anglers have a right to the area, but so do you. If the tournament is impeding other boaters from launching and parking their vehicles, then they could do something like offer to park your truck and trailer for you.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Bass Club BS... [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12622296 02/11/18 09:46 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
So I go to my favorite lake yesterday (Saturday) an hour before sunrise and find a line to launch. After waiting 30 minutes I finally launch only to find that there are no available spaces at any of the numerous docks slips to tie off on while parking. Then I realize that there are Bass Club tournament fisherman blocking all of the slips while they gather in the parking lot picking their a**es and waiting for sunrise (which is still 30 minutes away). So I guess if you are not part of their "precious" little tournament you have to tie off at the launch and go park, which off course blocks the ramp and slows down everyone else from launching. And bonus points for the jerks that were running full speed in zero visibility fog and not even using running lights. You know who you are. At least I hope they enjoyed watching me hammer 3 to 5 pounders right in front of them all day, because of course once I caught a fish I was immediately surrounded. At one point I had 10 boats around me.

In general, bass fishermen are much easier to deal with at the ramp than your average boater. I'm sure they were aware they had the area blocked and would have made room for you had you asked. But, I don't see a problem with you venting your frustration. The tournament anglers have a right to the area, but so do you. If the tournament is impeding other boaters from launching and parking their vehicles, then they could do something like offer to park your truck and trailer for you.

This is probably the most reasonable response to the situation.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide