12105819 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12621703 - 02/11/18 09:21 AM Co angler etiquette
Flooringit Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Bella vista .arkansas
So Iím gonna be fishing this weekend coming up at Rayburn. I own a boat so I know how to respect his boat. I was wondering about tipping. Do the costa guys expect fuel money tips? I only ask cause Iíve never expected it as a boater ( bflís) but someone told me I should so Iím confused lol I treat people way I want to be treated. Iíd never expect fuel money as Iím the one driving to my spots. And Iíd be there co angler or not.

Also I donít want to weight the boat down but I want to be prepared. Iím taking 2ícarolina rig rods one lite one heavy. Square bill , rattle trap and spinner/ chatterbait rod. And jig Just enough plastic and weights to get through the day. Any other ideas? I am thinking about making a killer sandwich one thatíll take him some time to eat as it will get a rod out of his hand for awhile leaving me some alone time lol

Edited by Flooringit (02/11/18 09:22 AM)

#12621708 - 02/11/18 09:24 AM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Denton Texas
Def tip.

#12621754 - 02/11/18 09:57 AM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
MMosher Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Missouri
Boat expenses are 50/50 in my rig when it's tourney time. I do the same when I'm a back seater.

#12621822 - 02/11/18 10:48 AM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
Ken A. Online   content
TFF Guru

Loc: Trophy Club, TX
Originally Posted By: Flooringit
So Iím gonna be fishing this weekend coming up at Rayburn. I own a boat so I know how to respect his boat. I was wondering about tipping. Do the costa guys expect fuel money tips? I only ask cause Iíve never expected it as a boater ( bflís) but someone told me I should so Iím confused lol I treat people way I want to be treated. Iíd never expect fuel money as Iím the one driving to my spots. And Iíd be there co angler or not.

Also I donít want to weight the boat down but I want to be prepared. Iím taking 2ícarolina rig rods one lite one heavy. Square bill , rattle trap and spinner/ chatterbait rod. And jig Just enough plastic and weights to get through the day. Any other ideas? I am thinking about making a killer sandwich one thatíll take him some time to eat as it will get a rod out of his hand for awhile leaving me some alone time lol

Nice of you to ask this.

Doesn't matter if he is a "costa guy" or a BFL guy. Every person is different and so are their expectations. I would certainly offer $50-$100 for expense sharing. The killer sandwich is a great idea too. Make it really big & messy with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, etc so it takes both hands for him to eat it. woot

#12621834 - 02/11/18 10:54 AM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: MMosher]
Flooringit Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Bella vista .arkansas
Originally Posted By: MMosher
Boat expenses are 50/50 in my rig when it's tourney time. I do the same when I'm a back seater.

Is this Matt? You donít take that ol champ more then a cove away from the take off so itís not much lol. Jk lol how you been

#12622021 - 02/11/18 12:53 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
the skipper Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: nederland, TX
If you read the past threads on this you will need to pay half of the months boat payment, all tournament fuel, buy lunch after the tourney, and maybe help with truck gas and boat washing.

#12622036 - 02/11/18 01:08 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
z520c Offline
Green Horn

If it's a killer sandwich, why the tip?

#12622051 - 02/11/18 01:14 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: the skipper]
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: the skipper
If you read the past threads on this you will need to pay half of the months boat payment, all tournament fuel, buy lunch after the tourney, and maybe help with truck gas and boat washing.

roflmao

#12622109 - 02/11/18 01:49 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
MMosher Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Missouri
Yup, still running the ol champ.

Originally Posted By: MMosher

Is this Matt? You donít take that ol champ more then a cove away from the take off so itís not much lol. Jk lol how you been

#12622175 - 02/11/18 02:34 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
Okie Poke Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
Splitting half the gas used is plenty. If he wants more, tell him to become a non-boater because it's a cheaper way out.

#12622269 - 02/11/18 03:33 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
Lucky Al Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Rio Grande Valley

Just split half the gas. Whey do you call it a tip? He's not a guide!
Don't bring a huge tackle box. Get an idea of what he is using, and go from there. No more than 5 rods, max. Don't step on the seats or smoke! Many smokers will flip their hot ash not thinking about burning a hole in the carpet. It happens! Also, don't cast in front of him. Let him cast first and then you cast, so you won't cross. Have fun!

#12622275 - 02/11/18 03:37 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Lucky Al]
SteezMacQueen Online   sleepy
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Red Oak, Galveston, and Pagosa...
Originally Posted By: Lucky Al

Don't bring a huge tackle box. Get an idea of what he is using, and go from there. No more than 5 rods, max. Don't step on the seats or smoke! Many smokers will flip their hot ash not thinking about burning a hole in the carpet. It happens! Also, don't cast in front of him. Let him cast first and then you cast, so you won't cross. Have fun!

Bitch about the size of his boat. It's priceless. Tell em you just finished a sentence in solitary confinement and the cell had more room to roam than his back deck. Yell "get the net" on every bite.

..at the end of the day, he won't want your money....he'll just want ya gone.

#12622287 - 02/11/18 03:43 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
Okie Poke Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
Hehehehehehehehe hahahahahahahaha

#12622294 - 02/11/18 03:45 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: SteezMacQueen]
GIG'EM AGGIES Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: texas
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Lucky Al

Bitch about the size of his boat. It's priceless. Tell em you just finished a sentence in solitary confinement and the cell had more room to roam than his back deck. Yell "get the net" on every bite.

..at the end of the day, he won't want your money....he'll just want ya gone.

Now Steez, what if you're the boater ?
I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I donít have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I donít have a curfew I have a driverís license,a car and I have a bass boat.

illegitimi non carborundum

#12622297 - 02/11/18 03:47 PM Re: Co angler etiquette [Re: Flooringit]
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak

Loc: Campbell, TX
Give him a $50 and a thx. Thatís all he deserves. You arenít his sponsor. Every now and then ask him why thereís so much water in the floor.. when he comes to look... throw your bait in the juice!! Get a few good casts in while heís not paying attention! roflmao

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide