Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Details on 2018 Megabass Orochi XX rods #12619634 02/10/18 02:25 AM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
I am at liberty to get some better details out regarding the new XX series. please bear with me in that I can't tell every little detail quite yet but here is an early overview.

The blank is gonna be totally new. Can't share specific details on it other than the prototype models have been a definite improvement over the original blanks. The focus was on increasing sensitivity, maintain durability as well as increase lifting power. Basically each model was entirely re-balanced for targeted applications. Lots of effort went into balance points being optimal based on that specific rod. Guide placement and configuration was also well thought out with the emphasis on optimal load placement to the that particular portion of each rod. More rod composition and details to come soon. Previous price points were maintained for the most part.

There will be 11 casting models and 4 spinning models. Rods are all 1 piece rods. The casting models will be full cork handle with a different reel seat than on old models. Guides have changed as well and will be slightly larger than on original series. The final prototypes have been found to be a crisper, morse sensitive rod with better lifting power and better ergonomics.

There are new models added to new lineup that fans of the original series will appreciate. The Dropshot was changed into a true will true finesse techniques dedicated spinning model that differs from previous model and it also has a new name. The Ronin and Shakyhead models return with changes as mentioned above made specific to each model. The new spinning model will be dedicated for deep water applications such as the Dark sleeper and tube rigs. Its's length will aid in absorbing the fight of fish better for techniques mentioned. It will be the longest spinning rod in the series as well.
In the casting models the Jerkbait Special returns with changes to length and also a shorter rear grip. There will be a new model dedicated to punching and other heavy cover techniques. It replaces the Flipping Special. It will be longer, with different taper and action. there will now be a new model that falls in between the EMTF and the Tour Versatile in regards to power. It will share same length as EMTF and was designed for bottom contact presentations. The Flatside Special, Diablo Spec-R, Swingfire, Launcher. Extreme Mission Type F, Tour Versatile, Perfect Pitch, and Leviathan all return as previous lengths and actions but with changes as noted earlier in post.

Sorry to be so long on this post but I wanted to share what I could share to make sure the rumors etc were being addressed a sbest as could be while still maintaining the element of surprise at the official unveiling. I wanted to make sure the correct info was being put out and received permission to do so. Please stay tuned and I will share pictures and more deatils as I am allowed. Thanks as always and always here to answer any questions or help in any way I can.

Re: Details on 2018 Megabass Orochi XX rods [Re: Mark Perry] #12623407 02/12/18 03:42 PM
J
jchaney Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Have you had a chance to use any of them? Curious as to how they compare with the Destroyer series (which I have been extremely impressed with).

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide