Print Thread
Need motivation!! #12612201 02/05/18 08:38 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Man!! November the 30 I had a surgery that required some Time off for recovery...That along with the holidays put the weight on me...at 198 lbs I'm heaver and more out of shape than I've ever been...Im not going to a gym and I have never really worked out...we are constantly on the go so there is not much free time...I think I need a lite "at home" body weight/ exercise program...got any suggestions?

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Need motivation!! [Re: TroyKing] #12612344 02/05/18 09:58 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I was doing something similar to this awhile back and really shed some lbs. Really need to get back into it.
I had a few different floor "exercises" I was doing but just something like this.

Go though this about 3 or 4 times in the evening. As you progress you can add more reps/time. As I got stronger and faster, I'd finish this and go straight into a jog anything from a 1/2 mile to a whole mile.

100 Jumping Jacks or Jump Rope for time
30-40 Pushups
30-40 Situps
1min Plank

There's a ton of simple little exercises or variations of common ones, you can make whatever routine you want to target whatever, and if you're eating healthy, you'll notice results.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Need motivation!! [Re: Nocona Brian] #12612415 02/05/18 10:45 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: NoconaBrian
I was doing something similar to this awhile back and really shed some lbs. Really need to get back into it.
I had a few different floor "exercises" I was doing but just something like this.

Go though this about 3 or 4 times in the evening. As you progress you can add more reps/time. As I got stronger and faster, I'd finish this and go straight into a jog anything from a 1/2 mile to a whole mile.

100 Jumping Jacks or Jump Rope for time
30-40 Pushups
30-40 Situps
1min Plank

There's a ton of simple little exercises or variations of common ones, you can make whatever routine you want to target whatever, and if you're eating healthy, you'll notice results.
that is something like what I want to do...I've already reined in my eating...daing I hate push ups and sit-ups!!

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Need motivation!! [Re: TroyKing] #12613092 02/06/18 01:12 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Run?

To get into this lifestyle, you MUST find something you like doing otherwise you won't stick with it. I would quit being healthy if I had to work out like NB said.....I can't get motivated like that. I need the fresh air, little sunshine, and some good tunes and I'm lacing up my sneakers for a run. I enjoy it....so I do it just about everyday.

Experiment to find what you enjoy. So many physical activities so little time! smile

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Need motivation!! [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12613800 02/06/18 07:54 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Run?

To get into this lifestyle, you MUST find something you like doing otherwise you won't stick with it. I would quit being healthy if I had to work out like NB said.....I can't get motivated like that. I need the fresh air, little sunshine, and some good tunes and I'm lacing up my sneakers for a run. I enjoy it....so I do it just about everyday.

Experiment to find what you enjoy. So many physical activities so little time! smile
I did just get a pair of like brand new, second hand Brooks running shoes....I'm flat footed, slew-footed, and pot gutted....but these shoes have more support than any shoe I've ever put on.

Re: Need motivation!! [Re: TroyKing] #12614192 02/06/18 11:34 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I
For a quick, hard, relatively full-body workout, do squat thrusts. If you want to add the standing jump into it, then call it a burpee, but both work.

The 1st video explains a lot, but the squat thrust is at around 1:25.

The only complete, full body workout that exercises everything is "swimming," and that's incorporating many different kinds of strokes. If you have a pool, just go do it.

Regarding squat thrusts or burpees, everyone's regiment will be different, but for starters, try 3 x 10 twice a day, the build up from there. Go 3 days like that, then go 4 x 15 and so on. You'll find your peak over time.

Addendum: My current fave exercise due is Eero with Vahva Fitness. I think he's Norwegian, and he's pretty impressive. The video posted is extreme "animal." It's advanced, but check out other stuff.

...------

Re: Need motivation!! [Re: Indianation65] #12614201 02/06/18 11:41 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks I'll check them out.

Re: Need motivation!! [Re: TroyKing] #12614879 02/07/18 01:16 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Run?

I did just get a pair of like brand new, second hand Brooks running shoes....I'm flat footed, slew-footed, and pot gutted....but these shoes have more support than any shoe I've ever put on.

Sounds like you are ready to start jogging! Start slow, and build up. Check out the Couch to 5K App, it gives you a schedule for each day to build you up without injury.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Need motivation!! [Re: TroyKing] #12616800 02/08/18 03:01 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I
Regarding "motivation."

All a person truly needs to do to either "get motivation" or "accept what he/she already is."

Before you go to bed, truly look at your body, your whole body, in the mirror, and also "feel" what your joints and muscles tell you.

If your body "hurts" because of inactivity, it should motivate you.

If you "look" at yourself in the mirror, and you do not like what you are seeing, that should be a "mountain of motivation" right there.

...do it tonight! Look at yourselves! Are you happy?

Re: Need motivation!! [Re: Indianation65] #12616877 02/08/18 03:45 PM
T
TroyKing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
That's good advice!!...this morning I saw a friend that I haven't seen in about 10 months....the first thing he said was "daing boy!!... You've gotten fat haven't you?".... hahaha good friends of mine can say stuff like that...heck my wife and kids keep asking me when the baby's due?... Anyway I went on a one mile walk/ jog this morning....it was thirty degree the cold air felt Great....but I think I rubbed both my nipples off on my shirt,. Hahah.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide