Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trolling motor shipping problem #12605807 02/01/18 09:48 PM
S
SkeeterTZX Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
I could use some help here if anyone has a spare box for a trolling motor. I shipped a trolling motor to someone and it was damaged in transit. UPS is trying to get out of paying the claim by stating I didn't ship it in an approved box even though I shipped it in an original Ultrex box. She said the box was double layered or something. I find it hard to believe that Minn Kota would ship their products in non approved shipping boxes. Does anyone have an extra box they could send me a picture of? She said there should be a stamp of some sort on the box that states its a double walled box. I need a picture of the stamp if anyone is willing to help? Hopefully I can get this claim pushed through.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12605924 02/01/18 11:01 PM
C
Champ96 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
I have no idea of how to load photos, but these were online. Don't know if this will help or not.

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...il_file1_4_1.jp[/img]

Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12605934 02/01/18 11:08 PM
C
Champion 221 Elite Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
C
This is on my NIB #1368801 80lb.52"Shaft ULTREX

Last edited by Champion 221 Elite; 02/01/18 11:09 PM.

Just Fishing For Fun!
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12605940 02/01/18 11:11 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SkeeterTZX
I could use some help here if anyone has a spare box for a trolling motor. I shipped a trolling motor to someone and it was damaged in transit. UPS is trying to get out of paying the claim by stating I didn't ship it in an approved box even though I shipped it in an original Ultrex box. She said the box was double layered or something. I find it hard to believe that Minn Kota would ship their products in non approved shipping boxes. Does anyone have an extra box they could send me a picture of? She said there should be a stamp of some sort on the box that states its a double walled box. I need a picture of the stamp if anyone is willing to help? Hopefully I can get this claim pushed through.

The Ultrex box is heavy and double layered for a reason. The UPS guy that delivered mine couldn't have weighed more than 150 and drug it from the street to my front door and I drug it to the garage. There are no handles to pick it up with so yeah it's going to get handled rough. A single layer box won't make it but maybe they just want to sell you a box. They should have said something when they picked it up or when you dropped it off. I hate shipping stuff with UPS and won't unless USPS can't handle it.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12605952 02/01/18 11:18 PM
S
SkeeterTZX Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I'm looking for a stamp that says its a double layer box. Apparently UPS will only cover it if it was a double layered box. I've also contacted Minn Kota to see if they can help, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12605974 02/01/18 11:32 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Check with a local boat sales location.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12606007 02/01/18 11:54 PM
M
MV Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
that's BS . If you went to one of their store. One of their agent accepted the package and took payment. call them out

Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: Champion 221 Elite] #12606036 02/02/18 12:15 AM
H
H2ODawg67 Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Usually motors are shipped in a manila box like the one above with the box certificate on it. Inside that box is the minnkota box that has the minnkota graphics and what model it is. So in fact, they are double boxed. I have never seen a stamp on the box that says it's double boxed on any I have ordered. If you had insurance on it for the value of the motor they should have to cover it. I hope things turn out ok for you.

Formerly H2ODawg
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12606055 02/02/18 12:23 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

The Ultrex box is heavy and double layered for a reason. The UPS guy that delivered mine couldn't have weighed more than 150 and drug it from the street to my front door and I drug it to the garage. There are no handles to pick it up with so yeah it's going to get handled rough. A single layer box won't make it but maybe they just want to sell you a box. They should have said something when they picked it up or when you dropped it off. I hate shipping stuff with UPS and won't unless USPS can't handle it.

At least yours drug to the garage! Mine said "sign here", and left me and the trolling motor across the street...and around the corner (side entry garage here). By the time I made it to the first shade tree, the box and half the trolling motor got deposited in the shade and I drug my new girlfriend to my garage.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: H2ODawg67] #12606061 02/02/18 12:26 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Originally Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Usually motors are shipped in a manila box like the one above with the box certificate on it. Inside that box is the minnkota box that has the minnkota graphics and what model it is. So in fact, they are double boxed. I have never seen a stamp on the box that says it's double boxed on any I have ordered. If you had insurance on it for the value of the motor they should have to cover it. I hope things turn out ok for you.

Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12606083 02/02/18 12:44 AM
S
SkeeterTZX Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Thats what is crazy to me. I had $1000 insurance on it and theyre still denying responsibility. The pics I have appear to be double walled. Not sure where to go from here

Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12606109 02/02/18 12:55 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I've made claims for damaged stuff in shipping and had it in what they call for but they always find a reason to deny it I think it is just a scam they run to sell yo insurance knowing that they'll never have to pay any of it out.

Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12606248 02/02/18 01:54 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

At least yours drug to the garage! Mine said "sign here", and left me and the trolling motor across the street...and around the corner (side entry garage here). By the time I made it to the first shade tree, the box and half the trolling motor got deposited in the shade and I drug my new girlfriend to my garage.

I know it ain't funny but roflmao

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12606566 02/02/18 05:41 AM
D
dimitri Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
ups screwed me the same way around 7 years ago shipping a maxxum tm . like i told the woman on the phone they accepted my money and approved of the box/packaging at the time of the sale so i felt they should be responsible. sounds like a contract to me once we shook on it. they gave me the runaround for 3 weeks. i eventually gave up because it was not worth my time or effort to pursue any further. imo. i refuse to ship anything with them anymore even if their rates are cheaper than a competitor. problem is nobody ever reads the fine print. read it and you will realize they have you by the nads..........

Marine Electronics Installation
[by appointment only in Azle, Texas]
Graphs, Trolling Motors & Battery Chargers
Re: Trolling motor shipping problem [Re: SkeeterTZX] #12606571 02/02/18 05:45 AM
D
dimitri Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I'm looking for a stamp that says its a double layer box. Apparently UPS will only cover it if it was a double layered box. I've also contacted Minn Kota to see if they can help, but haven't heard back from them yet.

and after you prove its double layer then they will want to know its crush capacity. then it will be something else..... gl

Marine Electronics Installation
[by appointment only in Azle, Texas]
Graphs, Trolling Motors & Battery Chargers
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide