D
March

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: dwmoore] #12608353 02/03/18 11:30 AM
river-rat Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: dwmoore
Leaning post maybe if you backed up your post with fish we might believe you.You didn't last long as a guide so tells us you we'ent that good as you say you are.bpBut all animals that lay eggs must have a tempature that will make eggs hatch .😳🤔🤔🤔🙄 when you start winning tourneys an prove your theory then what you write is just words.if your temp theory is true then why do fish in power plant lakes spawn EVERY yr earlier than other lakes.Your way off base

OMG

"I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways it won't work". Thomas Edison
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: dwmoore] #12608467 02/03/18 02:30 PM
R
RODS454 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: dwmoore
Leaning post maybe if you backed up your post with fish we might believe you.You didn't last long as a guide so tells us you we'ent that good as you say you are.bpBut all animals that lay eggs must have a tempature that will make eggs hatch .😳🤔🤔🤔🙄 when you start winning tourneys an prove your theory then what you write is just words.if your temp theory is true then why do fish in power plant lakes spawn EVERY yr earlier than other lakes.Your way off base

SHOW ME THE FISH!!!!! banana

Last edited by RODS454; 02/03/18 02:31 PM.

"I'd rather be fishing!"
[Linked Image]

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12610024 02/04/18 05:37 PM
K
koobycrappie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I care that fish spawn every year and hope it's a good spawn to keep a good number of fish out there to catch from year to year.
The only thing that I care about is learning the lake and following the fish as they move.
Every lake has different characteristics and patterns, It usually takes about 2-3 years to figure out a lake with about 300 hrs of fishiing a year.
You can read all the posts, books, etc. and still not consistently catch fish on any given lake.
There is NO substitute for TOW.
Learn the LAKE, not the SPAWN.....
Of course this is just my opinion. violin

I'm always in a good mood when I'm fishing.
Kevin Kubiak
Lakes Somerville and Granger, crappie guide
512-848-4469
www.hotcrappie.com
pro staff; proanglertackle.com

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12610045 02/04/18 05:55 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
^^^ Good advice.

Last edited by Ken Gaby; 02/04/18 05:56 PM.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12611539 02/05/18 02:56 PM
B
BrazosRiverTom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Getting back to 2 spawns, I kinda believe it. A about 4 weeks ago I caught a 2 inch crappie thought it was a shad at first. Now I don't know how small crappie are when they are hatched nor how long it takes to grow to 2 inches but seems like it would not take that long. So leads me to believe either 2 spawns or that was a very late spawn for that crappie.

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #12611711 02/05/18 04:19 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom
Getting back to 2 spawns, I kinda believe it. A about 4 weeks ago I caught a 2 inch crappie thought it was a shad at first. Now I don't know how small crappie are when they are hatched nor how long it takes to grow to 2 inches but seems like it would not take that long. So leads me to believe either 2 spawns or that was a very late spawn for that crappie.
I've. Been waiting for someone to mention something like this...it do pose a question now don't it?

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: TroyKing] #12611751 02/05/18 04:42 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
I've. Been waiting for someone to mention something like this...it do pose a question now don't it?

Many factors play a role in something like this happening.

1. This fish could have been from a late spawner (may/june)
2. This fish could have also not hatched for a good while after the egg was laid (due to lack of sunlight, rain moving egg around to not ideal conditions then be moved back and it hatched)
3. This fish could have been hatched on time but due to lack of nutrients, it didn't grow as fast as they normally do.

Lots of reasons to find a small fish and a fall spawn ain't one of them LOL.

Never have I caught nor saw a dark male come from 1 ft of water in October LOL.

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: KidKrappie] #12611831 02/05/18 05:36 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Many factors play a role in something like this happening.

1. This fish could have been from a late spawner (may/june)
2. This fish could have also not hatched for a good while after the egg was laid (due to lack of sunlight, rain moving egg around to not ideal conditions then be moved back and it hatched)
3. This fish could have been hatched on time but due to lack of nutrients, it didn't grow as fast as they normally do.

Lots of reasons to find a small fish and a fall spawn ain't one of them LOL.

Never have I caught nor saw a dark male come from 1 ft of water in October LOL.
great perspective!... I have a real shallow water hole that dries up several times every summer... whenever it gets some water,in no time, there are always little fish in it... possible there are eggs in the mud...who knows?

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12611849 02/05/18 05:44 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
I've caught crappie in mid June with eggs running out several years. Fish don't grow near as fast in lakes that aren't as fertile as the east TX lakes. Local biologist said it takes 3-4 years for a crappie to reach legal length in Lake Belton.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide