Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12606951 02/02/18 03:15 PM
Beltonbanger� Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

The "no bull" fish taxidermist!!!!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12607049 02/02/18 04:03 PM
E
Eric Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
E
Hit a dock to kill time. In 15 minutes I landed 4 fatties, missed 1 bite, hung the biggest crappie I had on in years anf while lifting it out of the water it broke my line. And the kicker is......... all were caught in 3' to 4' of water. 3 vertical ju=igging poles and 1 shooting under. VERY aggressive bite. THEN not another bite for 45 minutes.

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: Beltonbanger�] #12607168 02/02/18 05:01 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K

Very enlightening Banger, thanks.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: crapicat] #12607280 02/02/18 05:55 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: crapicat
hmmm maybe I need to become a magazine writer, sound like an authority...no special knowledge necessary, just convince some editor that you can turn a phrase and/or catch a fish...do they actually get paid for the effort?

hey there s a lot of bullchitters making a buck off of the ignorance of others.
many people believe everything they read, like they were programmed to. it is why speeches are written for politicians.. I mean heck, if they are so smart, cant they just speak off the cuff with bullet notes?
Spawn should be the Easiest time of year to slay crappie if the temperature and location myth were true, but the fact is, most struggle and few do great, because they believe the myths. Joe Blow bullchitter extraoedinaire claims they all go shallow at 66.5 degrees as he sits behind a desk with his cup of coffee, but he doesnt know squat.
I hammer the spawners on Belton every year and will again this year, and hopefully many years to come, because I looked outside the myth, I found out for myself. part of the discovery was watching 3 guys in a boat slip corking a submerged treeline with the cork set at 12 to 14 feet, in 16 feet of water. The year before that, the fish were shallower, but the water wasnt clear like it was that year. The fish were in the nutrient rich water even though it was warmer and shallower further back in this cove. The females will usually be in the most nutrient rich water they can find, no matter the temp or depth. it is crucial for the survival of the eggs. thats all folks! you can believe it or not. keep in mind, there are folks who fish these lakes, that are more concerned abt being braggarts , than sharing information that will really help others. you have read the post and seen the pics, they never tell where they were specifically, or show you, you get ho hum info like lure used and depth. ( the reason they mention the lure used is they are trying to smootch butt to get a few freebies)..
MANY people on this forum who see me posting pics of my catch private message me, and I help them as much as possible. I have no status to uphold in any fishing clubs, I have no rankings to obtain to convince myself that I can fish and catch fish. I have no hidden agenda, and get great joy out of seeing someone have a good day of fishing.
PRIDE is a major pitfall of life, one to which I will not partake in. I really think if some of the folks that frequent the crappie section did alot more sharing, and being genuine, they would garner alot more respect. Dont get on the forum and proclaim that you have 50 years of fishing experience, are in the best crappie club in the world, post pics of your catch, brag on others in your circles, promote companies that you think you can score freebies from, but neglect to do the most important thing.. SHARE what you know. you cant take it with you. when you pass, in 2 years nobody will ever even mention your name. You will be chisel marks on a granite headstone that nobody even acknowledges. SHARE HELPFUL information with people and you will live on. People will say, yeah man, that old guy such and such taught me this, and now im teaching you. the wisdom gets passed on, and you make a difference in peoples lives.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12607307 02/02/18 06:04 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
this website should start a flagging system, where members decide what posts to keep, or delete, If it is a BRAGGART , promote myself, look what I caught post, with no helpful information, then it can be flagged for removal based on the "BRAGGART and FREEBAIT AZZSMOOTCHERS soliciting rule. roflmao

PS anyone of retirement age who cannot afford a bag of plastic baits, PM me and I will buy you a bag of baits. if you are a retired veteran, I will buy you 2 bags!!!

Last edited by leanin post; 02/02/18 06:12 PM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: leanin post] #12607317 02/02/18 06:09 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: leanin post
hmmm maybe I need to become a magazine writer, sound like an authority...no special knowledge necessary, just convince some editor that you can turn a phrase and/or catch a fish...do they actually get paid for the effort?

hey there s a lot of bullchitters making a buck off of the ignorance of others.
many people believe everything they read, like they were programmed to. it is why speeches are written for politicians.. I mean heck, if they are so smart, cant they just speak off the cuff with bullet notes?
Spawn should be the Easiest time of year to slay crappie if the temperature and location myth were true, but the fact is, most struggle and few do great, because they believe the myths. Joe Blow bullchitter extraoedinaire claims they all go shallow at 66.5 degrees as he sits behind a desk with his cup of coffee, but he doesnt know squat.
I hammer the spawners on Belton every year and will again this year, and hopefully many years to come, because I looked outside the myth, I found out for myself. part of the discovery was watching 3 guys in a boat slip corking a submerged treeline with the cork set at 12 to 14 feet, in 16 feet of water. The year before that, the fish were shallower, but the water wasnt clear like it was that year. The fish were in the nutrient rich water even though it was warmer and shallower further back in this cove. The females will usually be in the most nutrient rich water they can find, no matter the temp or depth. it is crucial for the survival of the eggs. thats all folks! you can believe it or not. keep in mind, there are folks who fish these lakes, that are more concerned abt being braggarts , than sharing information that will really help others. you have read the post and seen the pics, they never tell where they were specifically, or show you, you get ho hum info like lure used and depth. ( the reason they mention the lure used is they are trying to smootch butt to get a few freebies)..
MANY people on this forum who see me posting pics of my catch private message me, and I help them as much as possible. I have no status to uphold in any fishing clubs, I have no rankings to obtain to convince myself that I can fish and catch fish. I have no hidden agenda, and get great joy out of seeing someone have a good day of fishing.
PRIDE is a major pitfall of life, one to which I will not partake in. I really think if some of the folks that frequent the crappie section did alot more sharing, and being genuine, they would garner alot more respect. Dont get on the forum and proclaim that you have 50 years of fishing experience, are in the best crappie club in the world, post pics of your catch, brag on others in your circles, promote companies that you think you can score freebies from, but neglect to do the most important thing.. SHARE what you know. you cant take it with you. when you pass, in 2 years nobody will ever even mention your name. You will be chisel marks on a granite headstone that nobody even acknowledges. SHARE HELPFUL information with people and you will live on. People will say, yeah man, that old guy such and such taught me this, and now im teaching you. the wisdom gets passed on, and you make a difference in peoples lives.

Looks like you and I see eye-to-eye, well except Im am not totally convinced about temp not playing ANY PART of the spawn...great rant BTW...so, next time I head down to see my dad, I should give you a heads up so we can go fishing...and I can get the Paul Harvey unsensored edition!! And we can go catch fish...I am down for gas/food/launch fees...

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: leanin post] #12607325 02/02/18 06:13 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
this website should start a flagging system, where members decide what posts to keep, or delete, If it is a BRAGGART , promote myself, look what I caught post, with no helpful information, then it can be flagged for removal based on the "BRAGGART and FREEBAIT AZZSMOOTCHERS soliciting rule. roflmao

I am sure the mods will get right on this idea...NOT...lol

Part of the focus of this forum is advertising, which pays the way, Im guessing...

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: crapicat] #12607422 02/02/18 07:02 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

I am sure the mods will get right on this idea...NOT...lol

Part of the focus of this forum is advertising, which pays the way, Im guessing...
I always figured you were the owner.

Last edited by TroyKing; 02/02/18 07:02 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12607502 02/02/18 07:44 PM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Here is a helpful tip that I tell everyone each year!

When the water temp reaches 57 degrees in the shallows, I will start catching females!!!!!

Are they all up there shallow? (10' or less) No.

Are they spawning???? No, I don't think so, but,

I do know I can start catching females shallow.

On warm spring days, the longer the sun is up, the warmer the water will get, that's just common sense.

That's why some think it's the amount of daylight hours that triggers the spawn, well they are right because you know the longer the sun is up, the longer time period the sun has, to warm the water up. Correct?

As the days get longer and when a cold front moves in and has dropped the water temperature back down in the low 50's the fish in shallow water will move back out to deeper water. Regardless of how long the day light hours are. Correct?

I follow the water temp to find fish year around.

I don't get free baits and never wrote in a magazine.

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: Eric] #12607562 02/02/18 08:03 PM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Eric
Hit a dock to kill time. In 15 minutes I landed 4 fatties, missed 1 bite, hung the biggest crappie I had on in years anf while lifting it out of the water it broke my line. And the kicker is......... all were caught in 3' to 4' of water. 3 vertical ju=igging poles and 1 shooting under. VERY aggressive bite. THEN not another bite for 45 minutes.

What was the water temp?

Black crappie like to move shallow around 55 degrees. Well that's the temp I look for, if I am targeting black crappie. Are they all up there at 55 degrees? No but you can start catching them in shallow water.

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12607589 02/02/18 08:15 PM
D
dwmoore Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Leaning post maybe if you backed up your post with fish we might believe you.You didn't last long as a guide so tells us you we'ent that good as you say you are.bpBut all animals that lay eggs must have a tempature that will make eggs hatch .😳🤔🤔🤔🙄 when you start winning tourneys an prove your theory then what you write is just words.if your temp theory is true then why do fish in power plant lakes spawn EVERY yr earlier than other lakes.Your way off base

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: dwmoore] #12607826 02/02/18 10:18 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Crappie and bass are spawning on Martin Creek right now!

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: hawghoover] #12607845 02/02/18 10:34 PM
C
Coffeebreak Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Where is the Martin creek located?

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: Coffeebreak] #12607880 02/02/18 10:56 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Coffeebreak
Where is the Martin creek located?
it's a hot water lake between Tatum and henderson.

Re: do we really have 2 spawns [Re: dwmoore] #12607882 02/02/18 10:58 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Hey DW, glad to see you are hanging out...say, speaking of power plant lakes...when do the fish on that lake we fished start moving shallow?...or should I ask, based on Kirks info...what is the temp on that lake right now?

I know last year I told myself, that I wanted to fish that lake some during the spawn...prespawn...man, I love fishing cattails/Moss/ weedlines around the shoreline!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide