12100498 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12600057 - 01/29/18 09:32 AM Gulp Minnows
Kylefield Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: East Texas
Does anybody use Gulp Minnows for crappie? If so, what size works best and what's the best time of year and depth? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

#12600079 - 01/29/18 09:55 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
Pintail711 Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Longview, Tx
Man it’s hard to justify using Gulp when shiners are $4 per .25lb.

#12600250 - 01/29/18 11:21 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
PKfishin Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Texas
worthless for crappie. Just use a jig tipped with a shiner.

#12600370 - 01/29/18 12:13 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
Harleyrockstar Offline
Angler

Loc: Leander
Never caught anything with them.

#12600510 - 01/29/18 01:38 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
JIM SR. Online   sick
TFF Celebrity

Loc: NRH/Fork ! GET THE NET
nuttin'.. hooked

#12600528 - 01/29/18 01:53 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: TEXAS
no bueno. barf
Many living in this generation shall never see the grave, JESUS gave us revelations and the time is very near. Dont be a soul that stands before GOD on judgment day and be told "depart from me, I do not know you".
REPENT, RECIEVE, REJOICE!!!

#12600571 - 01/29/18 02:10 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
Slewfoot Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: E Texas
Your legendary!! You don't need any Gulp minnows to fish the bridge!! roflmao

#12600814 - 01/29/18 04:26 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Slewfoot]
Kylefield Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: East Texas
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Your legendary!! You don't need any Gulp minnows to fish the bridge!! roflmao

That bridge is on Fire right now!

#12601250 - 01/29/18 08:07 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Grandview, TX
Originally Posted By: Kylefield
Does anybody use Gulp Minnows for crappie? If so, what size works best and what's the best time of year and depth? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Never had a bite the ten different times I used them...I gave them a good opportunity, even switched to them when I was catching on other baits...My suggestion...look around this forum...many great bait manufacturers produce bait that WILL CATCH FISH...of course, take a guide trip or two to learn your favorite lake, and various presentation techniques.

You are in the right place, with the folks that make the bait, and the guides that know how to use them and they will happily explain the nuances of the baits to you...

My opinion, gulp baits catch people... baits produced/sold by Forum members catch fish... 2cents

#12601665 - 01/30/18 06:21 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: crapicat]
TroyKing Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Carthage Tx
Originally Posted By: crapicat

Never had a bite the ten different times I used them...I gave them a good opportunity, even switched to them when I was catching on other baits...My suggestion...look around this forum...many great bait manufacturers produce bait that WILL CATCH FISH...of course, take a guide trip or two to learn your favorite lake, and various presentation techniques.

You are in the right place, with the folks that make the bait, and the guides that know how to use them and they will happily explain the nuances of the baits to you...

My opinion, gulp baits catch people... baits produced/sold by Forum members catch fish... 2cents
He speaketh words of truth and wisdom!!....I've never caught any freshwater fish with gulp either.
The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?

#12601859 - 01/30/18 08:48 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: crapicat]
Big_CatEM Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Keller Area
Originally Posted By: crapicat

This^^^^
'Fighting Texas Aggies Class of 93'
Wanna-be senior meteorologist for the NWS in Fort Worth

#12601945 - 01/30/18 09:24 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Grandview, TX
Seriously, kylefield...I think the problem with them is the Gulp juice...I tried putting some of my favorite bait in the juice to soak for a while...never even got a nibble regardless of the bait, after soaking in the juice for a week...tried multiple times, with the same result...I could drop another offering and catch fish...so I just kind of the decided the Gulp juice was a fish repellent and forgot about using it.

After a bit of thought, it occurred to me that people the purchase the product are looking for a “silver bullet or magic potion”...given that thought, best thing to do is go find some reputable guides in the area, explain that you want to become a jig fisherman and need some detailed explanation on the relevant processes/presentations involved...and let them teach the processes/presentations to you. Good luck and good fishing...Unfortunately, right now my free time is not my own or I would happily take you out on the water and provide some insight...normally there are plenty of good guys on this forum who will do the same.

I have had the pleasure of fishing with a number of the guides (even more of the members) and can tell you without any hesitation, I have never had a bad experience with any of them...occasionally the fish do not cooperate...but the folks are all dedicated fishermen with the interest in furthering the sport and the knowledge for all. Tight lines!

#12601981 - 01/30/18 09:37 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
TXMulti-Species Offline
Angler

Loc: DFW

I use Gulp! Minnows quite often, and am pretty fond of them. Caught everything from bass to crappie, small sunfish and even a catfish on them. Not sure why they get so much hate here, but I guess there are better alternatives. I use the 1" Gulp! Minnows on a 1/32oz jig head and fish about a foot off of the bottom to the middle depending upon where they're biting.

#12602082 - 01/30/18 10:37 AM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: TXMulti-Species]
TroyKing Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Carthage Tx
Originally Posted By: TXMulti-Species

I use Gulp! Minnows quite often, and am pretty fond of them. Caught everything from bass to crappie, small sunfish and even a catfish on them. Not sure why they get so much hate here, but I guess there are better alternatives. I use the 1" Gulp! Minnows on a 1/32oz jig head and fish about a foot off of the bottom to the middle depending upon where they're biting.
pond fishing don't count!!... hahaha
The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?

#12602580 - 01/30/18 03:12 PM Re: Gulp Minnows [Re: Kylefield]
slabcrazy Offline
Outdoorsman

i used them 2 times once on fork and Lavon and nada. just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide