Forums59
Topics1,037,865
Posts13,935,768
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12584857 01/18/18 11:10 PM
M
markson Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
M
My local Skeeter dealer Sales Rep was a TOTAL liar and scammer (I have the recorded phone calls and texts as proof ) and when I reported him to the Skeeter Factory Sales Rep, nothing was done. I finally found a good dealer to purchase a new 2016 ZX190 from, they jumped thru hoops to get it off of the Boat Show floor before it opened. But then I found multiple screws from the Battery Trays coming out thru the bottom of the hull after getting it home. Luckily I saw them while putting my trailer license plate on before I ever put it in the water. Skeeter offered a replacement ZX200 at a discount and included a custom cover and engine cover for free. But then they completely screwed up the deal between them, my bank and the dealer costing me 6 weeks of down time from initial purchase. The replacement boat arrived with a broken trailer brake cable and no latch on the glove box lid (single console). Then the Dealer that I purchased from completely screwed up getting me my replacement plates and registration. After I took off the HDS 7 at the Console to install an HDS 12 I saw major shortcuts on wire routing inside the Console where it will result in rubbing and possible shorting out in the future. Then the Dealer that I purchased from Parts Dept was a joke. So now I have finally found another dealer to work with for Parts and Warranty and to purchase my next boat from. They have been great but again Skeeter has screwed up multiple times sending incorrect parts. The ice chest lid hinge broke off and I am currently waiting on a new Trim Switch for the throttle handle and a new Battery Charger plug receptacle. That is my real world direct experience from June 2016 until now, for what it is worth.

Last edited by markson; 01/18/18 11:23 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: markson] #12584871 01/18/18 11:20 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: markson
My local dealer Skeeter Sales Rep was a TOTAL liar and scammer (I have the recorded phone calls and texts as proof ) and when I reported him to the Skeeter Factory Sales Rep, nothing was done. I finally found a good dealer to purchase a new 2016 ZX190 from, they jumped thru hoops to get it off of the Boat Show floor before it opened. But then I found multiple screws from the Battery Trays coming out thru the bottom of the hull after getting it home. Luckily I saw them while putting my trailer license plate on before I ever put it in the water. Skeeter offered a replacement ZX200 at a discount and included a custom cover and engine cover for free. But then they completely screwed up the deal between them, my bank and the dealer costing me 6 weeks of down time from initial purchase. The replacement boat arrived with a broken trailer brake cable and no latch on the glove box lid (single console). Then the Dealer that I purchased from completely screwed up getting me my replacement plates and registration. After I took off the HDS 7 at the Console to install an HDS 12 I saw major shortcuts on wire routing inside the Console where it will result in rubbing and possible shorting out in the future. Then the Dealer that I purchased from Parts Dept was a joke. So now I have finally found another dealer to work with for Parts and Warranty and to purchase my next boat from. They have been great but again Skeeter has screwed up multiple times sending incorrect parts. The ice chest lid hinge broke off and I am currently waiting on a new Trim Switch for the throttle handle and a new Battery Charger plug receptacle. That is my real world direct experience from June 2016 until now, for what it is worth.

The plastic cover for the power switch blew off one day on mine while running across the lake. The trim gauge wiring was poorly installed and it would occasionally disconnect itself, though I fixed it for good.

Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: markson] #12584887 01/18/18 11:40 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: markson
My local Skeeter dealer Sales Rep was a TOTAL liar and scammer (I have the recorded phone calls and texts as proof ) and when I reported him to the Skeeter Factory Sales Rep, nothing was done. I finally found a good dealer to purchase a new 2016 ZX190 from, they jumped thru hoops to get it off of the Boat Show floor before it opened. But then I found multiple screws from the Battery Trays coming out thru the bottom of the hull after getting it home. Luckily I saw them while putting my trailer license plate on before I ever put it in the water. Skeeter offered a replacement ZX200 at a discount and included a custom cover and engine cover for free. But then they completely screwed up the deal between them, my bank and the dealer costing me 6 weeks of down time from initial purchase. The replacement boat arrived with a broken trailer brake cable and no latch on the glove box lid (single console). Then the Dealer that I purchased from completely screwed up getting me my replacement plates and registration. After I took off the HDS 7 at the Console to install an HDS 12 I saw major shortcuts on wire routing inside the Console where it will result in rubbing and possible shorting out in the future. Then the Dealer that I purchased from Parts Dept was a joke. So now I have finally found another dealer to work with for Parts and Warranty and to purchase my next boat from. They have been great but again Skeeter has screwed up multiple times sending incorrect parts. The ice chest lid hinge broke off and I am currently waiting on a new Trim Switch for the throttle handle and a new Battery Charger plug receptacle. That is my real world direct experience from June 2016 until now, for what it is worth.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you got one of those rare lemons Ken A was talking about.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: Chris B] #12584889 01/18/18 11:42 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: 361V
I have to disagree with those above that tell the OP dont listen to hersay. While opinions can quickly become unfounded and based on no real life experiences, word of mouth and reputation are the American way and a real tool for examining and considering products the consumer has limited/no prior experience with. Skeeter has alway been a quality high end product for many years. Unfortunately they have been a quality product sitting on a completely inferior trailer. For years that has been the weak link. Not hearsay! Coincidence that several of my friends beautiful Skeeters were sitting on EZ Loader trailers with broken welds and beautiful matching fiberglass fenders falling off the trailer? Reoccuring trailer problems literally kept me from considering one of my favorite boats during my last purchase. I would buy one in a heartbeat now because the good news is that weak link has apearently been removed from the bundle: http://boatingindustry.com/top-stories/2...ation-strategy/

That's a great story and all but Skeeter doesn't use EZ ruster trailers anymore. The new Skeeter made trailers look nice.
You are right, it is a great story with a happy ending but you you have to read it till the end. Try again. Real good ending especially the part where I WOULD buy one in a hearbeat now and a link to a report on how they got the trailer nightmare fixed but you have to finish the book before doing the report! :-)

Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: bigfishtx] #12584896 01/18/18 11:46 PM
M
markson Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: bigfishtx
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you got one of those rare lemons Ken A was talking about.

Maybe not so rare considering Skeeter discontinued the 2016 ZX190 design and replaced it with a rebranded older TZX190 design for 2018. They also pushed me very hard to not replace my lemon with another ZX190 but to accept the discounted ZX200 which is why they included the covers for free.

Last edited by markson; 01/18/18 11:50 PM.
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: Okie Poke] #12584909 01/18/18 11:55 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I have nothing but excellent reviews to give with regards to my Skeeter. It's the best I've ever owned for reliability. Even better than the dozens of cars I've owned. My Skeeter has NEVER BEEN in the shop for a manufacturers defect. Nothing.....ever. I have done the servicing on the motor myself...so, since it was purchased, it hasn't seen a dealership since then for routine maintenance either.

But.....God doesn't build Skeeters, so I'm sure their can be a few each year with issues.

Oh.....mine has 9 latches.....all work perfectly.

Does your keychain float?
as long as it's in the keyhole.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12584927 01/19/18 12:07 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I have nothing but excellent reviews to give with regards to my Skeeter. It's the best I've ever owned for reliability. Even better than the dozens of cars I've owned. My Skeeter has NEVER BEEN in the shop for a manufacturers defect. Nothing.....ever. I have done the servicing on the motor myself...so, since it was purchased, it hasn't seen a dealership since then for routine maintenance either.

But.....God doesn't build Skeeters, so I'm sure their can be a few each year with issues.

Oh.....mine has 9 latches.....all work perfectly.

Does your keychain float?
as long as it's in the keyhole.

I have the same boat and motor as Steez and no problems here either. I do all my maintenance and any add on I do myself, not because I don't trust the dealer, I just don't want to wait the time for them to get to it. I just installed a new HB Helix 10" and Saturday I'm installing a new Ultrex. I like my Skeeter but don't get me wrong, if I could afford it I'd have me a brand spankin new Phoenix 921 and I'd be doing all the maintenance myself on it too. thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12586112 01/19/18 08:09 PM
J
Jobie99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
All of your comments are all correct. Throw in stress cracks and you hit the trifecta...

Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: Jobie99] #12586412 01/19/18 11:53 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Jobie99
All of your comments are all correct. Throw in stress cracks and you hit the trifecta...

Add in busted live wells, two friends of mine within weeks of each other had their livewells bust during a tournament. Skeeter fixed them no questions asked and in a timely fashion. One of those guys had a wrap and when selling he took the wrap off to reveal cracks like a busted eggshell. Skeeter fixed them but botched the color so he has several different colors of blue.

Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12586415 01/20/18 12:06 AM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I've owned many skeeters and have never had any issues at all that weren't normal wear and tear or something caused by me.

My new 2018 is flawless, knock on wood haven't noticed an issue.

I don't know how many boats Fun N sun has sold last year, but when I getting ready to buy my new boat this year They had only sent one boat back to the factory for repair and it was a Phoenix for what it's worth

[Linked Image]
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #12586429 01/20/18 12:25 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
Originally Posted By: Jobie99

Add in busted live wells, two friends of mine within weeks of each other had their livewells bust during a tournament. Skeeter fixed them no questions asked and in a timely fashion. One of those guys had a wrap and when selling he took the wrap off to reveal cracks like a busted eggshell. Skeeter fixed them but botched the color so he has several different colors of blue.
jeez.....leave it to a Skeeter owner to put too big of fishnin a live well. We won't ever learn ...will we?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12586608 01/20/18 02:23 AM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
every boat builder has a problem here an there its amazing that the boats stay together as good as they do. the big companies like skeeter ranger triton nitro an phoenix build 10 or more boats to some of the other builders one so you are going to have the opportunity to have more problems. pretty much everybody that is still building boats have figured it out. the ones that built not as good boats are gone an some that built good boats but were lousy managers an they aren't around anymore .

Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12586609 01/20/18 02:25 AM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
hmmm

Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12586678 01/20/18 02:53 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Man..... lots of Skeeter jelly in here

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Issues With New Skeeter Boats [Re: COWBOYSFAN008] #12586689 01/20/18 03:01 AM
C
Champion 221 Elite Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
A company that built good boats,but had lousy management and aren't around anymore is CHAMPION Boats!

Just Fishing For Fun!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide