Forums59
Topics1,037,810
Posts13,934,881
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12583445 01/18/18 12:05 AM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
Last summer a good friend of mine asked me to go to the NoSeeUM Lodge, near King Salmon Alaska, with him and his adult daughters. It is a fly-in lodge with great accommodations, extraordinary food, world class trout, salmon and northern pike fishing and unbelievable service. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me because it was priced well above any fishing adventure I could ever afford. One of the extraordinary perks of the trip was that each foursome got their own guide and pilot each day. So, if the fishing wasn't awesome, or you wanted to switch species you just jumped back in the plane and went to the next spot. The trip lasted a week and they had a staff of 15 people attending to a maximum of 12 people. It definitely falls into the high end luxurious category.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12583485 01/18/18 12:33 AM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L

bolt

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12583535 01/18/18 01:07 AM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12583581 01/18/18 01:24 AM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Inti Malal lodge for dove and san Huberto for rainbow/brown trout in Argenina.....Olsen family owns both lodges and both are known worldwide for being "the best of the best"...haven't been to san Huberto for the red stag hunting or trout fishing but have been to the dove hunting lodge each year for past 13 years...
as one of my buddies said "if you lacked for anything,it's because you didn't ask for it"....
talked James Bendele/Falcon tackle into going with me several years...check out his account of the trip...

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/Argentina3.htm

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12583626 01/18/18 01:50 AM
fivebites Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I've been very fortunate (blessed beyond belief) to have gone on what I would consider "luxury trips". 1) Maui with the wife on a 35' beauty and momma catches a 350 pound blue marlin. all on film. priceless. 2) fly in trip to Canada catching 40-50 2-5 pound smallies, many on topwater. And some nice good sized pike to boot. 3) Costa Rica - Stayed in Guanacaste on the NW end of the country and caught as many 20 - 25 pound tuna that your arms could stand one day...Rooster fish in the 40 pound range for a day, and 2 - 4 sailfish hookups in a day over a 7 day trip. Best sail for me was around 100 pounds per the captain. 4) Trip to Commedero with the Bob Ridgeway from Southwestern Parts and Service and 8-10 others. Caught more bass in a day than we could count. No giants but man what a trip. Beautiful lake...great fishing. Yep...those are luxury to me!

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12583715 01/18/18 02:38 AM
W
Weavertree Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
www.hoodoofishing.net
This is an unbelievable Alaskan fly-in trip that will run you around 8k for 5 days of off the chain salmon fishing, great accommodations and fantastic food. A wealthy friend of mine paid for my trip and I will be forever grateful to have experienced such a trip!

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: Chris G] #12583975 01/18/18 11:57 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Wow...there isn't one answer to this because you would need to define how luxurious and what kind of fishing you would want to do. I've done a lot of places around the world but only in North and Central America. To me luxury and amenities would be highest in Hawaii. The fishing can be awesome certain times of the year and there are places out there that can be as high end as you want. Los Suenos in Costa Rica is also nice but not as nice as Hawaii can be. The fishing would most likely be a lot better in Costa Rica but the food leaves something to be desired down there in my opinion and I've been 8 times. You can also look into the Florida keys that will have about the same amenities to offer as Hawaii but a different kind of fishing. This list could go on and on.

We just returned from Los Suenos in Costa Rica couple weeks ago, had a blast catching sails and blue marlin. I asked the captain where the best place in the wosmaller boat to fish for giant marlin.rld was to go fishing, he told me the great barrier reef in Australia, he said you stay on a mother ship inside the reef and take a smaller boat to fish for giant marlin

[Linked Image]
Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: Happykamper] #12584056 01/18/18 01:48 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Wow...there isn't one answer to this because you would need to define how luxurious and what kind of fishing you would want to do. I've done a lot of places around the world but only in North and Central America. To me luxury and amenities would be highest in Hawaii. The fishing can be awesome certain times of the year and there are places out there that can be as high end as you want. Los Suenos in Costa Rica is also nice but not as nice as Hawaii can be. The fishing would most likely be a lot better in Costa Rica but the food leaves something to be desired down there in my opinion and I've been 8 times. You can also look into the Florida keys that will have about the same amenities to offer as Hawaii but a different kind of fishing. This list could go on and on.

We just returned from Los Suenos in Costa Rica couple weeks ago, had a blast catching sails and blue marlin. I asked the captain where the best place in the wosmaller boat to fish for giant marlin.rld was to go fishing, he told me the great barrier reef in Australia, he said you stay on a mother ship inside the reef and take a smaller boat to fish for giant marlin

https://outdoors360.com/greg-normans-yacht-makes-skyscrapers-look-small/

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: Kay Dyson] #12584097 01/18/18 02:14 PM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
For me, Venice LA. Been once, love to go again....Your lodging can be as elegant as you want N.O. Is just up the road, or share a house boat in the marina. Offshore has it all, extremely fertile fishing grounds for Marlin, YFT, and the inshore is off the chain good, with bull reds and trout... $$$$$ grin it is expensive... And it's right here in the good Ol USA...yea baby...

For something different and really fun, I'd second Venice LA. Both times I have been there, we fished shallow: reds/trout/flounder and it is just a really enjoyable time. As RedSkeeter mentioned, there are plenty of places to stay and some really cool little restaurants on the way down there.

Offshore is supposed to be a hoot, too. I might try that next time.

***For kayakers, there are a few services that will carry you out and back for a fee.

Brad

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: Kay Dyson] #12584111 01/18/18 02:21 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
For me, Venice LA. Been once, love to go again....Your lodging can be as elegant as you want N.O. Is just up the road, or share a house boat in the marina. Offshore has it all, extremely fertile fishing grounds for Marlin, YFT, and the inshore is off the chain good, with bull reds and trout... $$$$$ grin it is expensive... And it's right here in the good Ol USA...yea baby...

I'm not a fan of NOLA but the redfish fishing is off the hook in Venice. I've been at least 13 times since 1997. The accommodations in Venice itself leaves a lot to be desired but no complaint with the fishing at all.

I think for most luxurious trip, I would have to try Hawaii tho. Never been but looking forward to going one day.

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12584227 01/18/18 03:23 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Most high end for me was two weeks at the Four Seasons Hualalai on the big island and fishing out of Kona harbor on the Sundowner with Darren Issacs. 500 pound blue Marlin and short-nose spearfish on stand-up tackle was pretty darned fun.

For absolute catching and an enormous variety of blue water fish, Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12585296 01/19/18 04:33 AM
M
MDM Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

Was a guest on an Alaskan trip that was pretty top notch. Private jet to Ketchikan, shuttle van takes us over to the floatplane dock, we then fly to the floating Lodge an hour away that is only accessible by floatplane or large boat, no roads. Met at the dock with fresh crab from traps in the Lodge cove. Super chef prepared 5 star meals including big breakfasts with cast iron skillet biscuits and fresh seafood dinners with great wine. Fishing days in the Lodge boats was for salmon, halibut, ling cod and rock fish. The Lodge had a 4 passenger float plane so one day we flew to a river and wade fished for some large steelhead. Another day just the pilot and I flew to a high altitude freshwater lake for trout that hadnt been fished since the previous year. We sat on the pontoons like horses and paddled the floatplane along the shoreline casting inline spinners for non-stop action.

On departure day we are on the dock awaiting the large floatplane from Ketchikan coming to pick up our group. The camp dog, a large black lab, was standing in front of me on the dock watching the plane approach for landing right in front of camp. Pulled out my camera and got a great picture of him intently watching the plane touch down on the fog covered calm waters. About a year later Bass Pro was running a national photo contest so I entered the picture and was selected as one of the 25 Winners invited to attend Johnny Morriss Pro-Am Bass Tournament at Table Rock. They put us up at Big Cedar Lodge right by the lake. When we got to the room there were a couple rod and reels and a fully stocked Bass Pro tackle box. That night at the welcome dinner all the Nitro Pros were there plus additional Pro anglers invited by Morris. All the Ams got paired with a Pro for the next days Tournament. 1st for the Pros was $50,000, 1st for the Ams was a Bass Tracker. My Pro was Tommy Biffle. While Biffle reported a strong practice, we struggled on Tournament day. If I remember correctly, Denny Brauer won the event.

In hindsight, one great trip spawned another great trip.

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12585354 01/19/18 08:45 AM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Frank Carbone can put you on a yacht (they have different levels) and one level equivalent to a 4 or 5 Star Hotel to go peacock bass fishing in the Amazons. Frank is good people and been in the fishing for a long time.

Karios Texas Prison Ministry
http://www.kairostexas.org/
Evil succeeds when good men stand by and do nothing...

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: mikelester121] #12585364 01/19/18 11:48 AM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
In terms of freshwater in North America, North Haven Resort out of Manitoba is pretty high end. I think rates start at 8 grand per week per person. Trophy pike fishery.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Most High End Luxurious Fishing Trip [Re: MDM] #12585551 01/19/18 02:36 PM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Great story MDM!!! Sounds like a fantastic trip.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide