First, hope everyone is having a great New Years,
I'm in the market for 2 Units and I have lots of questions. A Helix 7 DI/Chirp GPS G2N for the front and a Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N for the console. I'm really considering saving the cash and purchasing 2 7's instead of the 9 and possibly no network capabilities. I have the funds but do want to be wasteful. I'm primarily a shallow water fisherman, but occasionally I'll chase striper and smallies to 50ish feet. My questions are:
- Do I need Mega? I'm new to this caliber of electronics.
- Do I need Network capabilities, I know what it is but how useful is it to you?
- Do I really need GPS at the bow
- Do I have to purchase a special trolling motor mount for the DI transducer?
- Where can I get the best deal.
Sorry for long post and Thank you.