Page 1 of 2 1 2
Grapevine Robbery #12543457 12/19/17 03:55 PM
G
George Tabone Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
G
On the night of December 8th 3 men illegally entered Silverlake Marina and robbed multiple boats. Unfortunately mine was one of them. They stole 15 Shimano reels (Curado, Calcutta), several G Loomis, Shimano, and Castaway rods as well as almost every soft bait and most hard baits I own. In addition, they cut the ropes to my boat cover rendering it useless. If anyone becomes aware of fishing gear for sale that might match the description above, please inform me, Silverlake or Grapevine police. Any help would be appreciated. Like most of you, I work hard to obtain and maintain my fishing gear and these degenerates have taken it all from me. Thanks again. George Tabone

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543469 12/19/17 03:58 PM
G
gar1970 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
Get a rope i hate thieves

https://www.Jiglyf.com

TEXAS ELITE ANGLER
Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543476 12/19/17 04:00 PM
M
Mr. Incredible Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Mr. George, I hope you get everything back and that the thieves get whats coming to them. Keel hauling comes to mind.

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543494 12/19/17 04:07 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Sorry to hear that, but the boats weren't robbed. They were burglarized.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: fouzman] #12543497 12/19/17 04:08 PM
G
George Tabone Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
G
You are correct

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543505 12/19/17 04:11 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
This sucks to hear!! Craigslist will be watched so I would suggest checking on a few local pawn shops in the next week.

hung

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543584 12/19/17 05:01 PM
L
LearnedHat Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Sorry to hear it. You think they would have cameras operating all over that place.

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543621 12/19/17 05:15 PM
G
George Tabone Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
G
They have cameras and got some facial views and a shot of the car but could not make out the license plate. A better question is where was the security guard that is supposed to be there?

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543735 12/19/17 06:12 PM
L
LearnedHat Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Have they released the videos anywhere? Haven't seen anything on the news.

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543776 12/19/17 06:31 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
George, I'm sure sorry to hear about getting your stuff stolen and I hope Grapevine PD takes more of an interest in this case than some other DFW area departments do.

I realize they have more urgent things to do like tracking down murder suspects, rapists and child molestors but I sure do get tired of hearing when someone has stolen my stuff: "Look, you have to realize this doesn't work like CSI and stuff you see on TV" that's frustrating after about the 3rd time you've heard that from different departments.

They need to just make it legal to kill on sight when anyone is caught stealing your stuff like it used to be 150 years ago. Your gear has already been turned into meth for pennies on the $ and put into someone's arm, or smoked in a pipe. Once in a blue moon, this stuff has a good ending though. Any video you can get your hands on and then posted all over social media is your best shot. Most people hate thieves as much as you and I do.

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: Jon] #12543786 12/19/17 06:39 PM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Jon
They need to just make it legal to kill on sight when anyone is caught stealing your stuff like it used to be 150 years ago.

You have that right in TX. Texas penal code contains a provision that grants citizens the right to use deadly force to prevent someone who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft from escaping with the property".

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: Gamblinman] #12543807 12/19/17 06:53 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
They need to just make it legal to kill on sight when anyone is caught stealing your stuff like it used to be 150 years ago.

You have that right in TX. Texas penal code contains an unusual provision that grants citizens the right to use deadly force to prevent someone who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft from escaping with the property".

Did they change the part about "during the night time"?
I get the point, but I'm talking about where the sheriff used to come out and talk to you, you tell him what happened and he says "well I guess they won't be doing that anymore"

Not the part like it is now where Grandma gets interviewed by Shaun Rabb for the nightly news report and she says "But he was such a good boy, he didn't deserve to die like that. Then the local DA decides to bring it to the grand jury, and they decide to make an example of this vigilante justice and you wind up taking a second mortgage out on your house to defend yourself in the criminal trial first and then in the civil trial after grandma and the rest of the family testify to a jury of her peers how you've deprived all his different baby momma kids from their daddy who was such a goot boy and didn't deserve to die like that. That's the part i want to see changed.

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: George Tabone] #12543810 12/19/17 06:55 PM
I
Ian Fellenbaum Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I
HATE to hear this I will keep my eyes open

STORAGE CONTAINERS TO GO
Sales-Rentals-Rent to Own
Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: Jon] #12543822 12/19/17 07:00 PM
L
LearnedHat Offline
Angler
Angler
L

You have that right in TX. Texas penal code contains an unusual provision that grants citizens the right to use deadly force to prevent someone who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft from escaping with the property".

I get the point, but I'm talking about where the sheriff used to come out and talk to you, you tell him what happened and he says "well I guess they won't be doing that anymore"

Not the part like it is now where Grandma gets interviewed by Shaun Rabb for the nightly news report and she says "But he was such a good boy, he didn't deserve to die like that. Then the local DA decides to bring it to the grand jury, and they decide to make an example of this vigilante justice and you wind up taking a second mortgage out on your house to defend yourself in the criminal trial first and then in the civil trial after grandma and the rest of the family testify to a jury of her peers how you've deprived all his different baby momma kids from their daddy who was such a goot boy and didn't deserve to die like that. That's the part i want to see changed.

There are a lot of other obstacles in using this as a defense. If you shoot someone fleeing the marina with your fishing tackle, even if at night, you may be exonerated but it is not going to be smooth sailing.

The weird thing is:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

It is poorly written --- look how it seems have "nighttime" modify both "theft" and "criminal mischief" but not "burglary" --- always thought that was strange.

Re: Grapevine Robbery [Re: LearnedHat] #12543866 12/19/17 07:31 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: LearnedHat

There are a lot of other obstacles in using this as a defense. If you shoot someone fleeing the marina with your fishing tackle, even if at night, you may be exonerated but it is not going to be smooth sailing.

The weird thing is:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

It is poorly written --- look how it seems have "nighttime" modify both "theft" and "criminal mischief" but not "burglary" --- always thought that was strange.

Yes. Exactly. I want to see all that changed up to where it's cut and dried, not ambiguous or confusing.
It'll never happen but that doesn't keep me from wishing it would. There's no way in hell I'd risk killing someone now days the way the law is currently written over stealing my stuff unless my life or the lives of others were in danger. There was a time in the long past when we didn't have to worry about that and a lot less stuff got stolen - at least not by the same repeat offenders a lot of the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide