Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526099 12/04/17 02:44 PM
harvey walker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Lake Waco has the same problem. There is one guy that has a sky boat that thinks it ok to back down the ramp then start to unstrap, load all the tubs and ice chest. I know not only me but so other asked him to do that before he back in and he just said F Y I do what I want.

When I back down I always use my parking light so I do not blind others. I saw where it was said you must leave your lights on at Squaw Creek, will parking light count, I planning on going there in Jan.?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526102 12/04/17 02:46 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
When I'm by myself I get to the lake a little late so as not to interfere with folks trying to get on the water early. I agree with the poster who suggested having sand beaches around public launches. It's a lot faster if you can beach your boat instead of tying off to a courtesy dock. I can't think of any launch ramps at Ray Hubbard, Lavon or Lewisville (all high traffic lakes) that have a sand beach next to the ramp. Same thing at Fork. There are pay ramps that do but no free ones. Rainswood has neither. Fortunately for me I don't fish on the weekends and usually week days are not that crowded.

That would be great. Unfortunately all the public ramps on Fork are pretty exposed and sand wouldn't last long at all.

I am guessing the wind is to much for sand on Fork. I do not think these things will fix the problem of people being rude. That will only be fixed by people turning the lights down and people getting in and out as fast as possible. Their will always be someone who does not think of others first, nearly all the ramps at fork have limited space.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526118 12/04/17 02:58 PM
west tex angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
If more sand isn't the answer, then increase the dock space at Squaw or at any of these lakes mentioned. I don't want to run my boat up on those rocks to launch, I guess I'm anal about that, but you can sure screw up a good boat by doing that.
For $30 entry, a little dock improvement is not asking too much..

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: harvey walker] #12526166 12/04/17 03:24 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: harvey walker
I saw where it was said you must leave your lights on at Squaw Creek, will parking light count, I planning on going there in Jan.?

Someone was making a joke... If you do leave your parking lights on, make sure your fog lights are off.

Last edited by David Burton; 12/04/17 03:25 PM. Reason: Fis quote block

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12526195 12/04/17 03:37 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
When I'm by myself I get to the lake a little late so as not to interfere with folks trying to get on the water early. I agree with the poster who suggested having sand beaches around public launches. It's a lot faster if you can beach your boat instead of tying off to a courtesy dock. I can't think of any launch ramps at Ray Hubbard, Lavon or Lewisville (all high traffic lakes) that have a sand beach next to the ramp. Same thing at Fork. There are pay ramps that do but no free ones. Rainswood has neither. Fortunately for me I don't fish on the weekends and usually week days are not that crowded.

Fork is getting a little low. If you launch at Rainswood you need to ease up to the right (facing ramp from water) or FAR left of ramp. They put rocks to the left side when the lake was low a few years ago and you'll tear your boat up.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526210 12/04/17 03:46 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

That would be great. Unfortunately all the public ramps on Fork are pretty exposed and sand wouldn't last long at all.

Guess I'm going to have to disagree a little bit. Lake Fork Marina has places to beach your boat as does Mustang Resort however smaller than LFM. Just about all the tournament sites BASS uses has places to beach their boats. I've fished tournaments at Toledo Bend that had boat beaches. The 154 ramp is mostly protected from our predominately south wind as is 515 west. Lake levels and erosion are a bigger problem but that doesn't prevent the higher populated ramps like Squaw Creek and Fork from putting in more courtesy docks. Lots of anglers fish alone and I would say most are considerate about timing their use of public ramps but just like the aholes who drive on 635 there are some who aren't. I have helped some by parking their truck/trailers for them after they launch and returning their keys to them at the dock, maybe that's a solution at some ramps.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526229 12/04/17 03:56 PM
H
Hog Jaw Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
H
Im half Japanese. Look alot like a Messican , lived in Texas 60 some odd years . Fish out of my Skeeter by myself alot , when I go to Sqaw , get that crazy talk I reply " No Speaka Englass " Then they really get pissed off .

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Hog Jaw] #12526280 12/04/17 04:32 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Im half Japanese. Look alot like a Messican , lived in Texas 60 some odd years . Fish out of my Skeeter by myself alot , when I go to Sqaw , get that crazy talk I reply " No Speaka Englass " Then they really get pissed off .

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526293 12/04/17 04:43 PM
B
Big 10 Inch Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Lots of people get their butt hurt too easy. They way I see it, the man was there first. He had every right to tie up to the dock. I don't see any rules that say " do not tie up to dock ". Maybe you should have gotten up earlier and beat him to the lake, instead of complaining about it. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526301 12/04/17 04:47 PM
F
FlatBack4 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Maybe there should be a dock for crappy, aluminum boats (you know, the ones with < 90hp motors), and a nice, private wharf, with coffee and bait shop, for the nice boats.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526305 12/04/17 04:50 PM
west tex angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
One more thing about Squaw Creek-
In the lake's early days, the restaurant was open and you could park at the dock for a mid day meal. But with the limited dock space, you had to get there early.
Its hard for many of us to stay in the boat all day but thats what you have to do on Squaw, either fish or go home.

Now, with four days a week to fish Squaw, I think the restaurant could make a go of it, if they had more dock space. At least they could stay open for a morning and lunch run. Seem like the powers to be would think about that. As a private restaurant owner, it would be hard to make a living, but in my opinion, it would bring in more fishermen on Thurs/Fri. and make the whole day of fishing more enjoyable.

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Big 10 Inch] #12526312 12/04/17 04:53 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Big 10 Inch
Lots of people get their butt hurt too easy. They way I see it, the man was there first. He had every right to tie up to the dock. I don't see any rules that say " do not tie up to dock ". Maybe you should have gotten up earlier and beat him to the lake, instead of complaining about it. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Or maybe the guy could have shot the bull in the parking lot with his boat still on the trailer instead of tied to the courtesy dock hindering his fellow anglers from tying up? Seems like that solution part of it could work both ways......

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Big 10 Inch] #12526321 12/04/17 05:00 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Big 10 Inch

DING DING DING we have a winner

I'm so glad I am laid back and do not worry about petty little BS like most of you guys are bitchen about.
Bunch of crying freaking women.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526326 12/04/17 05:02 PM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
You people are taking this mess too serious. No way in hell would I not tie my boat up or just let it float off the damn trailer in the middle of a cove. I'm surprised there haven't been all out brawls out there, or worse, someone get shot..

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette [Re: Gamblinman] #12526373 12/04/17 05:29 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I've fished Squaw a lot. Never have heard anybody yelling at anybody else at the ramps. popcorn

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide