Forum Stats
106498 Members
61 Forums
863682 Topics
12273658 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12515987 - 11/25/17 04:45 PM How's Lake Lewisville?
EastTexasBassin Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Lake Ray Hubbard
Thinking about trying a different lake on Thursday. Never been to Lewisville, any suggestions? Good ramp info would be appreciated. Is the lake generally safe to run? How's the fishing been lately?

#12516113 - 11/25/17 07:03 PM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
i-Fish Offline
Pro Angler

I launch from Little Elm Park. Have launched from Tower Bay before and itís fine too. Tower Bay side of the lake is all good. North of the I-35 bridge after about a mile youíll see timber, gotta be careful. If you want to go towards Pier 121 marina from the main lake then run your boat AROUND to the entrance to that section. Do not run straight through the main lake to get to that body of water. Submerged timber leading up to if in the main lake. Fishing has been good for me, personally. Find the rock, crank the rock.

#12516214 - 11/25/17 08:10 PM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
Tiltedtitan Offline
Angler

Loc: Frisco, TX

#12516483 - 11/26/17 05:39 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
EastTexasBassin Offline
Pro Angler

Thanks for the map! That helps a lot.

#12517426 - 11/26/17 09:43 PM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
Skeeter man ZX225 Offline
Extreme Angler

fishing today was very good. caught my personal Lewisville best good luck

#12517510 - 11/27/17 01:07 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: Skeeter man ZX225]
Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad Online   content
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Sanger, Tx/ Chatham, La
Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225
fishing today was very good. caught my personal Lewisville best good luck

I hear you had a good guide popcorn

#12517651 - 11/27/17 08:16 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
EastTexasBassin Offline
Pro Angler

Well it looks like there's gonna be a 25mph north wind that day so I guess we're gonna launch at Tower Bay and head west and see what we can find.

#12517800 - 11/27/17 10:25 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
LargeMouthTripp Offline
Green Horn

People that say Louisville is fishing well......where are yall? Because I am out very weekend, and I hardly see anyone. And when I do see people at bridges or other spots, nobody is having good luck.

Actually went up to Texoma this weekend because how bad its been at Lewisville. Had a great day on Friday.

And lets be honest about Lewisville.....the lake is down over 5' right now. All the summer spots with structure are now well out of the water. And this summer it was slow too......especially when you put it into perspective of lakes that are fishing well.

OP, not sure where you are currently fishing lately, but I would not recommend Lewisville.

#12517825 - 11/27/17 10:45 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: LargeMouthTripp]
Mark C Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Fence Post Creek
Originally Posted By: LargeMouthTripp
People that say Louisville is fishing well......where are yall? Because I am out very weekend, and I hardly see anyone. And when I do see people at bridges or other spots, nobody is having good luck.

Actually went up to Texoma this weekend because how bad its been at Lewisville. Had a great day on Friday.

And lets be honest about Lewisville.....the lake is down over 5' right now. All the summer spots with structure are now well out of the water. And this summer it was slow too......especially when you put it into perspective of lakes that are fishing well.

OP, not sure where you are currently fishing lately, but I would not recommend Lewisville.

To be honest, it's only down 1.79'.

#12517831 - 11/27/17 10:51 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
LargeMouthTripp Offline
Green Horn

yeah its down 1.79-1.80 feet exactly, That has a large effect on the shore line. I was going off eyeball level, but if were being technical, you are correct.

My points still stand on the fishing of the lake.

#12518286 - 11/27/17 06:23 PM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: LargeMouthTripp]
i-Fish Offline
Pro Angler

I fish during the week due to work when itís nice and quiet on the water and I usually do quite well on Lewy since Iíve gotten to know many of the high percentage areas. The lower water level has negatively effected only a couple areas that I would fish this time of year. Otherwise Iím busy all day running from spot to spot.

#12518353 - 11/27/17 07:15 PM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: LargeMouthTripp]
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
yeah its down 1.79-1.80 feet exactly, That has a large effect on the shore line. I was going off eyeball level, but if were being technical, you are correct.

My points still stand on the fishing of the lake.

We caught some 4lbers yesterday and our 4 hours on the lake was quite productive. Better day yesterday for quality fish than I have had in a while.

#12518365 - 11/27/17 07:24 PM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
CoyAintNoGoldFish Online   content
Angler

Loc: The Colony, TX
I fished it today for about 4 hours. I lost two bigguns, but only had a couple dinky spots

#12518833 - 11/28/17 09:52 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: EastTexasBassin]
LargeMouthTripp Offline
Green Horn

So what I am getting at with my point and I think you guys are confirming this would be the fact, Lewisville is a tough lake to fish, especially if you do not have experience. And even if you do, you will spend a lot of time running from spot to spot. Which in turn means......this is not a lake that you would recommend. Especially when there are plenty of lakes fishing well right now.

From I-Fish: I fish during the week due to work when itís nice and quiet on the water and I usually do quite well on Lewy since Iíve gotten to know many of the high percentage areas. The lower water level has negatively effected only a couple areas that I would fish this time of year. Otherwise Iím busy all day running from spot to spot.

So you have a few high percentage spots and spend a lot of the day running, because there is not enough quantity or consistency to stay at a spot

From Okie Pokie: We caught some 4lbers yesterday and our 4 hours on the lake was quite productive. Better day yesterday for quality fish than I have had in a while.

So a couple 4lbers, which is admittedly better than what youve had in while, justifies recommending someone come fish this lake? And no one is even giving OP pointers on where to go? Lewisville is giant

and from CoyAintNoGold Fish: I fished it today for about 4 hours. I lost two bigguns, but only had a couple dinky spots

So to bigguns, but mostly dinks.......another ringing endorsement.

I am not hear to argue, I just find it funny that these forums are to share accurate information, not blow smoke up peoples bums about how you have been doing. We all know Lewisville is tough lake to fish, and doesnt consistently produce. Yes its nice to get out this time of year when all the pleasure boats are done, and its the home lake for a lot of people in the area. But would you recommend it to a friend or forum member, the answer is a NO

#12518853 - 11/28/17 10:08 AM Re: How's Lake Lewisville? [Re: LargeMouthTripp]
Gibby Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Prosper, TX
So what I am getting at with my point and I think you guys are confirming this would be the fact, Lewisville is a tough lake to fish, especially if you do not have experience. And even if you do, you will spend a lot of time running from spot to spot. Which in turn means......this is not a lake that you would recommend. Especially when there are plenty of lakes fishing well right now.

From I-Fish: I fish during the week due to work when itís nice and quiet on the water and I usually do quite well on Lewy since Iíve gotten to know many of the high percentage areas. The lower water level has negatively effected only a couple areas that I would fish this time of year. Otherwise Iím busy all day running from spot to spot.

So you have a few high percentage spots and spend a lot of the day running, because there is not enough quantity or consistency to stay at a spot

From Okie Pokie: We caught some 4lbers yesterday and our 4 hours on the lake was quite productive. Better day yesterday for quality fish than I have had in a while.

So a couple 4lbers, which is admittedly better than what youve had in while, justifies recommending someone come fish this lake? And no one is even giving OP pointers on where to go? Lewisville is giant

and from CoyAintNoGold Fish: I fished it today for about 4 hours. I lost two bigguns, but only had a couple dinky spots

So to bigguns, but mostly dinks.......another ringing endorsement.

I am not hear to argue, I just find it funny that these forums are to share accurate information, not blow smoke up peoples bums about how you have been doing. We all know Lewisville is tough lake to fish, and doesnt consistently produce. Yes its nice to get out this time of year when all the pleasure boats are done, and its the home lake for a lot of people in the area. But would you recommend it to a friend or forum member, the answer is a NO

You aren't hear to argue yet you seem to be going out of your way to dismiss anything anybody says that could even remotely be perceived as a positive endorsement on the lake.
NMLS #961683
214-407-6361
rgibson@alliancemtggroup.net

TO SEE WHAT FELLOW TFF MEMBERS HAVE SAID ABOUT US, CLICK HERE.
http://www.alliancemtggroup.net/loanOptions/Testimonials/Testimonials/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide