Forums59
Topics1,039,215
Posts13,961,057
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: WAWI] #12512940 11/22/17 07:08 PM
SkeeterHawk Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: WAWI
I fished a tourney at squaw with fish killer. By far the worst. Not even a close second.

I took Fish Killer up the river on Ray Hubbard one time years ago.
I tried like hell to front end him, but the guy just kept catching fish anyway.

I have never had a bad co-angler in any of the draw tournaments I fished in.

Last edited by SkeeterHawk; 11/22/17 07:10 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12512973 11/22/17 07:30 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I have fished with a boater,,,,, or 2 ,,,, that said --- "man, they were here the other day. Don't know why they aren't biting."
it is not all roses being the co-angler either ....... there are 2 sides to everyone of those coins you flip.

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513003 11/22/17 07:50 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Always gonna be good and bad.

My bad was "Wayne" from Louisiana. He was sponsored by Bass Pro and Cadillac. He wore gold chains that would have made a 70's disco king jealous. Oh.....and a giant Rolex. The guy was about 65 years old and obviously bought his way to the lake. He couldn't fish for [censored]. He poled down on a little road bed along a bridge and spent 5 hours cussing because his fish were "gone". Needless to say I Carolina rigged, weightless senkoed, and jigged the hell out of the same 400sq ft of water to no avail as well. He finally asked me where me and my boater caught em the day before, and I was pissed by then and told him I wasn't allowed to share my boaters previous spots. But I told him where I caught them prefishing. We went to a few spots I found and he backended me some more. And caught a few good ones. Enough for him to advance to the final 12.....I went from8thon day 1 to 24th.

I have fished with Okie Poke.....and Okie didn't even make my list of "bad", so you know Wayne was horrible.

Jk Okie.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: patriot07] #12513080 11/22/17 09:27 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: patriot07
Crazy story.

Never understood why you'd ruin a good day of peaceful fishing by putting money on the line for it.

competition

noun

the activity or condition of competing.

"there is fierce competition between banks"

synonyms: rivalry, competitiveness, vying;

An event or contest in which people compete.
plural noun: Competitions

Not trying to be a smart-butt but Man has been competing since the beginning of time for money or sometimes even blood.

Last edited by Ken A.; 11/22/17 09:41 PM.

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513098 11/22/17 09:51 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Was his name Robby Rose? roflmao

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: coachmas] #12513124 11/22/17 10:17 PM
bigcat85 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: coachmas
Originally Posted By: bigcat85
My boat, we are fishing my water. If I run out of water then I will take suggestions. Run my trolling motor? Never. I fish the aba ram opens, have for a while. Only have had one co angler I did not get along with, that was also the only one he fished. I don't fish the aba tour simply because the rules say you have to let the co angler go to his water for half the day. Not going to happen unless he pays that months boat payment, insurance payment, and half the gas and oil I burned pre fishing. That is why I just stay away from that trail.

Ive fished ABA on the co-side for many years. I dont remember a rule about fishing 1/2 day on non-boaters water? Now there was a time when there were not enough co-anglers and boaters had to pair up. Maybe that is what you are referring to, but that went away a few years ago. Boaters go out solo now if co-angler numbers are smaller.

Ive fished with a few boaters that I wish would have asked where I wanted to try or if I had any fish located. But I certainly dont offer or make suggestions from the back of the boat.

On Day 1, I did have a boater ask me 10 min before takeoff , (Ram Open 2-day ) if I had anywhere I wanted to start. It startled me a bit. I asked if he knew how to run north and he replied he wasnt familiar with that part of the lake. We ended up fishing 2 spots on the Main lake I had caught some fish a couple weeks before. It was good for 3 keepers. On the way to his spot , I told him to pull over to try 2 docks I do pretty good on. He noses up to the first one and makes 2 casts catching a keeper. To which I said, you could at least turn the boat where I can cast at the dock I told you held fish. Only time Ive ever said anything crossways to a boater. I have drawn good guys and had good experiences as a co-angler 99% of the time.

I didnt make it back to weighin on Pines one tourney. We were WAAAAYYY up the river and I asked the boater several times how long it was going to take. I was sitting down with life jacket on for 15 min waiting on him to stop fishing and head back. Weighin was 3:15. We didnt make it back to the 155 bridge until after 3. Just poor planning. Ive drawn the same guy 2 more times over the years and cashed a check both times!!!

Coach

I was referring to the fishing tour rules. I would fish them if that rule wasn't there. No way they would do that in the open series. We have fished together. We drew each other on Palestine a few years back. I'm pretty sure you got a check and might have won angler of the year that year. Hope.you come back next year. You got a boat now right?

Matt Helsley

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513131 11/22/17 10:24 PM
bigcat85 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
ABA has two sets of rules. The ram open and the ram tour. The tour you have to share time on water. The opens the coangler is along for the ride. The tour everyone is in the same tournament. Coangler and boaters are fishing against each other.

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: Ken A.] #12513138 11/22/17 10:30 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: patriot07
Crazy story.

Never understood why you'd ruin a good day of peaceful fishing by putting money on the line for it.

competition

noun

the activity or condition of competing.

"there is fierce competition between banks"

synonyms: rivalry, competitiveness, vying;

An event or contest in which people compete.
plural noun: Competitions

Not trying to be a smart-butt but Man has been competing since the beginning of time for money or sometimes even blood.

+100
I've fished for fun and I've fished for money. Fishing for money is more funner. I've played golf for fun and I've played golf for money. Playing for money is more funner.
Funner- the act of having fun.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513157 11/22/17 10:46 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Fishing for fun is actually boring. I can't make it for more than 3 or 4 hours "fun fishing". But a tourney? POW!!! I'm up outta bed at 3am without an alarm. Ready to fish all day for 5 good bites.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513158 11/22/17 10:46 PM
E
elkhartdom Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
E
I drew a boater in a bass open, that when I caught a fish, I was told I was not there to catch fish, I was there to make sure his fish were ok,get him coffee, and be his slave for the day......needless to say there were some words over that one for about 5 minutes, then he apologized sort of and I didn't have to throw him off his own boat. That was also the day I decided never NEVER to be a non boater again.

at the sound of my name, fish tremble
HI HO SILVER AWAY!!!ranger Z521,250 sho,black and silver
TD: BMET 6263
http://theboatcentertx.com
bmoet@facebook
"I humble myself before God, there the list ends" Sam Houston
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: elkhartdom] #12513159 11/22/17 10:49 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: elkhartdom
I drew a boater in a bass open, that when I caught a fish, I was told I was not there to catch fish, I was there to make sure his fish were ok,get him coffee, and be his slave for the day......needless to say there were some words over that one for about 5 minutes, then he apologized sort of and I didn't have to throw him off his own boat. That was also the day I decided never NEVER to be a non boater again.

Sounds like "Cajun Baby"! Lol. I'd of made sure his fish were ok.....I'd let um free. Lol. Oooops. My bad.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: elkhartdom] #12513231 11/23/17 12:05 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: elkhartdom
I drew a boater in a bass open, that when I caught a fish, I was told I was not there to catch fish, I was there to make sure his fish were ok, get him coffee, and be his slave for the day......needless to say there were some words over that one for about 5 minutes, then he apologized sort of and I didn't have to throw him off his own boat. That was also the day I decided never NEVER to be a non boater again.

Wow, just wow.... I think I know the guy!!

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513681 11/23/17 01:36 PM
R
Rube G. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I only fished with one bad draw partner, in this tournament there was more boaters and not enough co anglers. I drew with another boater, so we flipped a coin for it & I lost, I was on fish and he was to. This guy was really hung up on himself, fixing to turn pro and such. We went to his fish 1st, fishing a grass line with traps, he tried the front ending deal, not giving me a shot at anything, so I started wipping my trap 2 to 5 inches from his ear. after stating over and over "You almost got me" he got the hint to move the boat out and did. he tried that again later on that day. My trap gave him a couple of reminders and I got to fish descent water again.
When I caught more and bigger fish, that made things worse. we were throwing the same trap (Fire Tiger), but I had slowed down to tick the grass, he never figured it out.
I don't think we spoke much at all that day. Just on the water business.
Every other partner that I ever drew with was good, sharing techniques,tips and even baits.

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513779 11/23/17 03:07 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
18 years old first big tournament, Redman on Lake Millwood.
Drew Rick Clunn, worst day I ever spent in a boat. No talk, front ended all day to the point off having to duck tree limbs most of the day, troll motor on high.
I should have demanded my time on the front but didn't really know better.
Not all of those guys are good guys.
I was the non boater.

Re: worst tournament partner you ever drew (long read) [Re: beartrap] #12513834 11/23/17 03:39 PM
R
reinke Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I did not draw this guy I fish team events with him. It's my boat but he thinks he owns it. He is always running the trolling motor that's fine he is younger but runs it so fast that I'm usually dragging my bait behind the boat. Never gives me a good angle. Front ends me all day long. Uses my gear and leaves it mess. Never remembers the times I catch the big fish or that we won the tournament because of me. Takes the credit for all the fish when WE do well and is quick to let every one know I'm to blame when we do bad. Dad lost a big fish because of his weak hook set. Dad lost a big fish because of this. Dad lost a fish because of that. Dad had us fishing bad areas today. Many a time I have threaten to toss him in the lake and let him swim to shore.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide