I was fishing yesterday with a friend and we were just talking about how well the Ulterra was working and when I tried to retract it, it got stuck. I think that a cable got caught and kept it from being able to fully retract. The deploy would work as well as the trim. It was so windy that I trimmed it out of the water and drove to a spot out of the wind where I could beach the boat and try to manually retract it. The problem became when I clicked on stow, it would rise to the height where it then turns the motor into the stow position before raising the rest of the way. You could hear the steering motor going but the head would not turn. Trying the foot control and the remote to turn the head had the same result. I finally gave up and pulled the side plate off and manually stowed the unit.
I found the instructions on how to do a reset of the unit when it has an error but unfortunately, there was a lever inside that had to be disconnected to manually stow and I could not get it reconnected on the water without risking losing parts into the water. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with theirs and if that is something that the rest will correct. Now that it is home, I can get it back together but unfortunately it cannot deploy on my trailer to test. I was hoping to find out if the unit won't turn, if it is more likely that something got damaged inside or if the reset might correct the issue before I hook everything back up and drive all the way to the lake to test it.
I called a repair facility and they didn't answer if the reset would fix it, only that they were two weeks behind from the time it hits their bench right now unless parts had to be ordered. Luckily it is under warranty but I really hate to be without a boat for a few weeks.